Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 05:38:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

As-Salaam Alaikum

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As-Salaam Alaikum  (Read 534 times)
Ismail Salaam

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 05, 2013, 06:51:59 am »

As-Salaam Alaikum.

How did I get here? Well, I searched for 'hadith rubbish', which led to Zainab's Lounge, and the rest is history.

Although I generally avoid forums like the plague, I would like to join the conversations here at Muslim Villa, and share a story or two, or more. I also have many questions to ask.

I have encountered Islam and Muslims throughout most of my life, and have learned much about it, enough to occasionally surprise Muslim friends and colleagues, who have often asked me why I am not Muslim when I know so much about Islam.

Sometimes a door opens that seemingly cannot ever be shut again. I know this from T'ai Ch'i Chu'an - I haven't practiced the actual form/style for years, but my body naturally abides by the principles of movement and balance found in that art.

Sometime during my childhood, I encountered Islam, or rather the hospitality of Muslim people, which I believe opened an uncloseable door. How so? Feeling very much unloved by my own parents and siblings, and very much alone in life, I encountered a genuine, tender, unconditional love that made me feel welcome and wanted, that I did matter.

Later, I learned about Islam in my quest for knowledge of all things religious or mystical, and I usually found that Muslims were happy to discuss such things, and rarely coercive (as Christians often are) or arrogant (as western Buddhists tend to be). And even if the Muslims were somewhat baffled my my apparent agnosticism, many of them called me brother, and would defend me against the rare Muslim who criticised me for being a '50%er'. My resistance has always been to sectarianism, and Allah (SWT) was always enough, and I had never met Muslims for whom al-Qur'an was enough, so I kept my Islam inside, even though Muslims would often give me that quizzical, knowing look.

I have long adopted certain Muslim practices as part of my life, such as personal hygiene, and reflecting upon and remembering Allah (SWT) (and may Allah (SWT) give Peace and Blessings to the darwish sister who showed me this path). Believe me, one is never alone in this world, when one remembers Allah (SWT). And I continued to read about Islam, and defend it against those who would slander or mock it, and defend the prophet Muhammad (SAWS) against those who would slander or mock him.

But something has changed recently, dramatically. Be it 'hearing the calling' or whatever it may be called, I feel that I have been put to a hard test recently, to a point of decision. My response to this has been simply to remember Allah (SWT), and I have felt a massive burden of stress, anger and doubt lifted from me, replaced by intense peace, happiness and certainty. A friend recently remarked that he had never seen me more relaxed, ever before.

So now, I feel that I can make the commitment to Allah, and I believe that Islam is the only way that this commitment can be made.

It's a beautiful spring day, and I have some spring-cleaning to do.

Alhamdulillah
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:07:09 pm »

Walaikum Salam brother.  I recall seeing you at Sister Zainab's blog.  Thank you for this introduction.

I understand your approach of avoiding forums like "plague."  Considering the bizarre direction in which the erratic minds of most "Muslims" are moving in the 21st century, a genuine Muslim cannot learn much nor find much compatibility with the contents and the atmosphere of most forums, be they traditionalists or modernists.  That's precisely the reason we stopped visiting them and instead made one of our own.  The blog is basically an extension of this board, but the quantum of writings here are more. 

You are welcomed to join Muslim Villa, if you like. However, prior to that please read our rules as we are very particular about not promoting any other spiritual views except the rules of the Final Message.  Today, it's only the Quran that has the stamp of authenticity from Allah.  All others have been changed.  So, why hanker even after the good rules of conduct by quoting other faiths when those same good rules and much more are already available in the Quran? 

If you decide to join, Kindly register and let us know of the display name you intend to use, so we will let through your registration.  Normally, this is a read-only forum after our very negative experiences of cultist Salafists, hardcore secularists and other non-Muslims gatecrashing and abusing our boards.  Hence, this is a quiet forum.  For those looking for a lot of hullabaloo, would even find it boring.  That doesn't bother us.  Our purpose is only to promote knowledge we perceive as truthful by firmly holding on to the Quran alone.  So, we aren't pushed by the absence of that cheerleadership spirit. 

Thank you again. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 02:25:38 am »

Walaikum Salaam.   Thank you for this very interesting read, brother Ismail.  Alhumdulilah.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: