Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 29, 2024, 05:25:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Age of responsibility: 40 years old, Surah 46:15 & beard

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Age of responsibility: 40 years old, Surah 46:15 & beard  (Read 645 times)
IUR

Badges: (View All)
« on: July 05, 2013, 08:36:00 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Salaam. Can anyone answer this question: If a person dies before he/she reaches 40, will that person go to heaven, regardless of his/her religion? So, if that person is a Muslim or a believer in God and did well in life, that person will go to higher heaven. However, if the person is an atheist or did bad deeds during his/her time (not committing major sins), that person will go to lower heaven. From my side, people believe that the person who reaches the age of 12 will be held accountable for his/her actions. Interestingly, I realised that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was 40 years old when the Quran will revealed to him and his main responsibility was to spread the final message, which it took 23 years for him to complete that.

Here are the links regarding this subject:

http://pressthat.wordpress.com/2007/06/09/273/

http://www.masjidtucson.org/submission/faq/ageof40.html

BEWARE: I don't agree with everything they say and those people have mention about Dr Rashad Khalifa. I'm pretty sure you guys already know about that man.

On another topic, I would like to mention about the beard and even though you guys have mentioned a lot about this subject, I would like to add more information regarding this subject. If some parts of the Hadith states that the man will go to Hell for not keeping the beard, then why is it not mentioned in the list of 70 MAJOR Sins? Here is a quote about beard: ''Amongst the Sahaba were men who didn't even look at other men who intentionally shaved their beards for fear of desire for them'' -Khalid Yasin. Seriously, it seems like the level of sin of not keeping the beard and a man to shave/trim the beard is as same as the level of sin for committing Shirk AKA the BIGGEST sin in Islam. I always try to avoid committing Shirk and if I commit that grave sin, it's like I'm dead on Earth, except that I'm alive.

God's standards of judgment are way higher than a man who simply keeps the beard. Those people have forgotten the fact that God will judge us what's inside our hearts, NOT based on our outward appearance. Of course, dressing modestly and keeping yourself neat and tidy are important, no doubt about that. A man without a beard may practice his religion and do more good works than a man who keeps a beard, but unfortunately, Muslims will not look at the man's status BECAUSE he does not have a beard. How sad is that? I would like to point out that I'm not against any man who grows a beard and personally, I always use a trimmer to trim. I sometimes grow a bit, but I trim my mustache and my beard every now and then. I sometimes hang around with guys who have long beards and I don't any problem with that.

Here is a link to a site which reveals the list of 70 Major sins:

http://www.themodernreligion.com/misc/hh/major_sins.htm

l
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 10:16:10 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Walaikum As-salaam, IUR.  Thank you for sharing your views.

As a follower of Quran alone, that bit about going to Heaven if one dies before or at age 40 is completely unwarranted.  The mention of age 40 as coming to full strength as stated in Verse 46:15 does NOT refer to the period of below 40 being the age of innocence.  Not at all. Age has nothing to do with Heaven or Hell.  It's our Faith and deeds that matter.  Age 40 might be a general concept of reaching a matured age, particularly in earlier times when life expectancy was shorter.  In V.46:15 age forty is stated in relation to a man's conduct towards his elderly parents.  By the time a man is 40, that's when his parents will be old, in their 60s or 70s or 80s and might need the assistance of their adult children.  And by the time a person is 40, his or her life's events will provide them with enough evidences to clearly show the sacrificial spirit of their parents.   But dying before 40 (or for that matter dying at any age) is no guarantee for Salvation.  People can be either righteous or sinful at any age, be it 40 or 30 or 25 or 17 or 16 or 80.  All such people will face either Salvation or Retribution (which has its grades) from Allah on the Day of Resurrection, depending on their complete spiritual & ethical record.  Only Allah is in a position to view this record to its fullest, which includes a person's iman, their deeds and intentions.   One might surmise that minor children who die below age 12 might be granted unconditional pardon from Allah because of their innocence.  This might be correct, but only Allah knows best.  Therefore I would leave it there without getting into further details. It's also important to keep in mind that the age of intellectual maturity differs from person to person. Some might be matured enough to understand the difference between right & wrong by age 11 or 12.  Someone else with a mental health problem may take longer to attain a normal level of understanding & perception.  All these facts will be taken into account by Allah as the basis of His decision.  The aspect of what each soul will receive from Allah on the Day of Judgment is a matter of the unseen, known only to Allah and decided only by Allah.  No one else has the complete knowledge nor any authority over it.

Allah has confirmed one aspect that will surely prevent a person from entering Paradise, that is, if that person dies in a state of disbelief or dies a disbeliever.  In that case, all their earthly deeds will be wasted in the next world.  However, this should not make one think that all ill deeds will be forgiven if one believes in Allah.  This is not what Allah means.  Allah repeatedly highlights the importance of believing and doing good works together.  However, the only unforgivable sin is disbelief, if one dies a disbeliever, as confirmed in the Quran.   

Thus, no matter how old we are, but as normal human beings as soon as we reach a sense of reasonable maturity, it's our duty to strengthen our iman and live by the rules of Allah as much as possible.  The rest is for Allah to judge.

Those 2 links you provided are presenting their own ideas.  We aren't interested in them.   

Your opinion about the beard is absolutely right.  I concur totally.  Beard is just an outward aspect.  It has no bearing on the strength of one's belief nor on one's conduct.  In this respect, you can check two of our posts which will convey how we precisely perceive the issue of beard.

Hadith on beard - lies reaching their peak!

Culture of spiritual beard originated from Jewish/Christian tradition
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

+ Quick Reply
With a Quick-Reply you can use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post, but much more conveniently.
BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough|GlowShadowMarquee|Preformatted TextLeft AlignCenteredRight Align|Horizontal Rule|Font SizeFont Face
Insert FlashInsert ImageInsert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert FTP Link|Insert TableInsert Table RowInsert Table Column|SuperscriptSubscriptTeletype|Insert CodeInsert Quote|Insert List
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry angel Jumping laugh police CatSmiley Sleep smkng sport gdbi cryin dancin simpsons RollLaugh HysLaugh HappyBirthday doggy monkey teddybear sittingbunny BismEm salamem offtem proem oopsem bedtem crybem seeyem thebesem backem soryemt weldem Thumbsup Thumbsdwn rdht teethsmile tonguesmile wsalam tesetong Beatin crazyones LaaughingAway shiiit claaap viictery hiyaaa