Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 09:27:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

New Prayer Time Calender - Very Important....

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Prayer Time Calender - Very Important....  (Read 815 times)
Ozcan

Badges: (View All)
« on: July 27, 2013, 02:34:27 pm »

Salam,

I hope I'm in the right section, but I just wanted to share this important "news". Muslims throughout the world adhere to totally flawed prayer time calenders. I know for a fact that the number one authority on this issue is Prof. Dr. Abdulaziz Bayindir from the Suleymaniye Foundation (in Turkey). He and his colleagues have issued a new calender, it's been a while now, but unfortunately I totally forgot to inform you guys. The difference is truly enormous and quite shocking.

Also, with these new and correct prayer times people living in the northpole will have no problems anymore at all. This Prof. and his colleagues have visited and observed the Northpole 4 times in the past 5 years alone. In northern Norway in both Tromso and Svalbard.

Anyway, below is the website in English, and although as a whole the site is nowhere near as elaborate as the Turkish one, fortunately they have put the calender on their English site as well. Please click; "Click here to see the prayer times for your location."

http://www.islamandquran.org/

Please compare the prayer times here with those you normally use and see the incredible difference.

Also, I'd like to share some information on this foundation. Although they do use hadith in their works, this organization totally REJECTS EVERYTHING that contradicts the Qur'an. They are relentlessly and courageously exposing all the mind-blowing mistakes by madhabs and those so-called great and infallible imams (whom you all know) without fear of being criticized. Thank God, millions of Turkish people visit their website and watch their videos.

I'm delighted to say that there is a sizeable minority of enlightened Muslims and their numbers are slowly increasing. Maybe there is hope after all, who knows. Needless to say, this man and his colleagues are constantly being attacked and insulted but they don't care one bit.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 06:56:46 pm »

Wa'salam.  Thanks a lot brother.  I'm not being able to find the salat times of my location in that link.  I think it's only for Turkey.  How would I get the prayer timings in North America? 

I have a year-round prayer calendar which my family and I have been following for several years.  It seems okay, but I wanted to compare it with this one. 
Report Spam   Logged

Ozcan

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 07:05:04 pm »

That's strange sister Heba, with one click I'm able to find the prayer times for the Netherlands where I live. You just need to click on the link; "Click here to see the prayer times for your location.". This is on top of the page, under the title Süleymaniye Calendar and under "Check the prayer times for your location". Then there appears a question below the page which says something like; "suleymaniyacalender.com wants to know where you are". You click "allow" and it directly finds your location and the prayer times. Very easy.

All other calenders in the world are wrong believe me sister, and it's not just a small difference. This huge blunder has been going on since Ottoman times and most (if not all) other countries have been following this flawed Ottoman calculation. The modern astronomical parameters on which Ottoman ulema had based these prayer times are incorrect. These traditional prayer times we use would only be correct, if we lived 400 km (248 miles) above earth !!
Report Spam   Logged
Ozcan

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 07:43:44 pm »

Here is a comparison of prayer times for the Netherlands, traditional vs new calender.

Traditional calender for July 28:

Fajr: 03:21
End of fajr: 05:54
Dhuhr: 13:46
Asr: 17:59
Maghrib: 21:37
Isha: 23:55

New calender for July 28:

Fajr: 05:52
End of fajr: 06:39
Dhuhr: 13:48
Asr: 17:38
Maghrib: 20:54
Isha: 21:40 

The difference between Dhuhr, Asr and Maghrib isn't much. But the difference between beginning of fajr for my region is almost 2.5 hours. And the difference between Isha is 2 hours and 15 minutes. Unbelievable but true.

Also, this Prof. (fluent in Arabic of course) went to Saudi Arabia to talk to one of the best experts/scholars there and it once again turned out that he was absolutely 100% right. But when he asked the Saudi to correct this grave error, the good man said; "we can't do that sir". And "Please leave me out of this Mr. Bayindir, please don't mention my name!" What a coward and what a dishonest man, subhan'Allah.

Sadly, the same is happening in Turkey; Currently, there is a huge debate about this issue. Unfortunately Turkey's "Diyanet" (Presidency of Religious Affairs) stubbornly sticks to their completely flawed method despite knowing the truth. Because this man had proven this decades ago and they formally promised to correct this - they even signed documents - but haven't done so yet. These traditional Sunni ulema are simply afraid that Muslims will start doubting their competence, if they admit to such grave mistakes. Once Muslims start questioning their fabricated religion which they call "ahlu sunnah" people may turn to the real Islam in the Qur'an - that is basically what they are afraid of. Traditional Muslims just make me sick, they are totally worthless.
Report Spam   Logged
Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 07:34:37 pm »

I got it now brother.  After clicking on the "click here .." button.

Following is the comparison between my prayer calendar and this website:

Prayer calendar July 28:

Fajr 4.24
Sunrise 6.02

Dohr  13.24

Asr  18.32

Maghrib or sunset  20.45

Isha  21.58
End Isha  22.21

Website times July 28:

Fajr  5.11
Sunrise  6.03

Dohr  13.27

Asr  17:25

Maghrib or sunset   20:46

Isha  21.19
End Isha  22.47

As I see, there is a big difference between Fajr and Asr timings of the same location between the prayer calendar and the website.  Though I don't know the reason for the difference in Asr prayer time, I think I do know it for the Fajr prayer.  Traditionalists usually fix the time for Fajr almost 2 hours prior to sunrise.  But Fajr time is actually approximately a hour before sunrise.  We discussed this topic only a few days ago with direct references from the Quran at the following link: 

'Ramadan Sahoor & Fatoor timings and Fajr & Maghrib prayers'
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=4157.0
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 07:44:45 pm »

Btw, I didn't know that Isha time was so short.  I have my doubts if "end Isha time" is applicable as given at both places, the prayer calendar as well as the website.  I learned from everyone that Isha lasts throughout the night until about 40 or 45 minutes before Fajr.  Someone said Isha is until midnight (12.00 a.m.).  But later I learned this wasn't correct either.  The concept of the new day beginning after midnight is according to secular calculations of dividing 24 hours in a day.  According to Islamic calculation (also comprising of 24 hours in a day) every new day starts at Fajr or dawn.
Report Spam   Logged

Ozcan

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 01:00:35 am »

Well, personally I'm going to use this calender. I've read detailed explanations with clear references from the Qur'an and also saw numerous videos and photos of observations. One of the main problem is that traditionalists use astronomic parameters that are not applicable for our prayer times here on earth. They would be if we lived 400 kilometers above. Thanks for the link, I will definitely read it insha'Allah.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: