Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at our Guestbook otherwise their registrations will be DELETED. THIS IS PRIMARILY A READ-ONLY FORUM RUN BY MV TEAM. Approval of members is at the discretion of the team. MV is a place for humble learning through mutual consultation, not for narcissists nor belligerent disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." AT PRESENT INTROS FOR MV TO BE AT OUR BLOG. VISIT OUR GUESTBOOK FOR CONNECTING LINK TO BLOG.
Muslim Villa
March 28, 2017, 06:06:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TRUTHOUT for uncensored political news

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Lion's world and "female abuse"

+-
Shoutbox
September 12, 2016, 03:17:09 am N. Truth Seeker: Wa salam sisters. So kind of u to remember. Alhumdulilah that Allah gave us another chance to live thru the blessed month of Zil Hajj.  Was a busy time for all of my family.
September 11, 2016, 08:26:43 am Zeynab: Wa'salaam my dear Sis Heba Smiley  Yes, Alhumdulilah, the 10 days of this blessed month went well by the Grace & Mercy of Allah. I wish the same for all.
September 11, 2016, 02:20:02 am Heba E. Husseyn: Salam my dear MV team and other sis and bros.  I pray the first 10 days of the bless month of Zil Hajj has passed well for all.  Hajj culminates in about 2 days. InshAllah.
August 22, 2016, 09:50:39 pm Zeynab: Wa'salam.  Thanks brother Smiley  Sis Heba helped me a lot too.
August 22, 2016, 09:33:50 pm N. Truth Seeker: Salam all.  MV Pinterest Boards are super, Alhumdulilah.
June 11, 2016, 06:35:43 am Zeynab: u r absolutely right sis Ruhi.
June 11, 2016, 06:32:29 am Ruhi_Rose: I came across a pinterest page on the Quran which says "The Quran is the central religious text of Islam."  Let me put it this way: Quran is the ONLYText of Islam. If u r following the Quran, u don't need anything else.
June 06, 2016, 06:20:53 am Zeynab: Ramadan Kareem to all.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Lion's world and "female abuse"  (Read 2200 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 15, 2013, 10:42:36 am »

THIS STORY IS SO VERY INTERESTING .. A TRUE ONE OF COURSE.

Lions are often very possessive about their kills and don't want to share them.

When angered, lions show little restrain biting each other. Sometimes bites can be fatal. Several cubs have been bitten to death by lions. Fights between male lions can be still more deadly. They are are often observed biting through the nape (back of the neck) which can cause the neck to break, resulting in almost instant death.

Taken from Carnivora Forum, view the following 10 images with captions. A male lion hunted a giraffe for his meals expecting it to last for the next few days, got into a fight with a female lion who tried to steal his food. He was helped by his buddy, another male lion, to fight the lioness. After giving the bad guys a few whacks, the poor lady was quite badly battered, but fortunately her injuries didn't look life threatening.

The male lion guards a giraffe he killed earlier.  After his meal he tried to take a nap but was forced to protect his kill from vultures and hyenas.

An hour later the female lion silently crept up to the carcass, careful not to disturb the male mohawk lion resting beside it. Another larger male was sleeping under a tree some 50 yards away. She eased up to the carcass on her belly .. then began to eat cautiously. The male jumped up and literally 'got into her face.'  She swatted the male with a right hook, then a left hook and the male backed up a step, seemingly caught off-guard by her aggressiveness and looking a bit intimidated.

It looks like this courageous (or insanely hungry) female has earned a place at the buffet. But suddenly the second male roars in and attacks her, smacking her in the face with a left hook.

Incredibly she fights back, with a quick right jab and then a blow to the nose. This was a bad career move!

The enraged male, now absolutely furious, shows how a lion attacks, with a roundhouse right to the head that knocks her down, then both males attack her.

The claws are visibly extended and the female's head is twisted to the side as the blow knocks her off balance and on her back.

Now both males attack, one grappling with her head as the other bites her stomach. She twists away in pain from the stomach bite. Note the protection offered by the mane on the lion on the left as the female's claws and blows are cushioned by the thick matted fur.

By now the lioness is no longer fighting for a bite to eat, she is fighting for her life. The male on the right is moving in to grab her by the nape and if his canines penetrated her spine she could be crippled.

Here you can see the second male biting her in the back as she twists away. They took her down again, then she twisted away one final time and escaped.

After winning the battle the Mohawk lion returned to the carcass and fed while the other one walked up to the vehicle of the photographer and lay down in the shade. The Mohawk male had blood on his muzzle from where the female bit him. The lioness walked away with as much dignity as she could muster, no slinking or running, just a purposeful stride as if she suddenly remembered she had an important appointment and couldn't be bothered to hang around with these losers any longer. You could see teeth imprints on her back but no blood and she wasn't limping, which was a good sign. She didn't look back ... giving up the carcass for good.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 11:20:48 am »

Wow!  I thought it was the lioness who always hunted.  So now I'm trying to figure out how it got started.  Obviously this time it was the male who caught the poor giraffe.  Another thing surprising is the gender unity.  The other larger male who seems to have nothing to do with the kill is yet eager to help his male buddy against the lioness .. and if it wasn't because of his intervention, the female would have probably defeated the first male who was apparently not being able to handle her by himself. 

And LOL .. this pic is particularly amusing.  He's supposed to have bitten her on her stomach and she winced with pain, yet when she punches him on his face, despite the cushion provided by his thick mane, he appears to be in pain too with his mouth wide open Smiley

Very interesting one.  Incredible!!  Thanks Sis Ruhi.
Report Spam   Logged

"Say: Though the sea became ink for the Words of my Rab, verily the sea would be used up before the words of my Rab were exhausted, even though We brought the like thereof to help."  (18:109) Al-Kahf

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: