Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at our Guestbook otherwise their registrations will be DELETED. Approval of members is at the discretion of the team. MV is a place for humble learning through mutual consultation, not for narcissists nor belligerent disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
August 21, 2017, 08:12:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'Saudis put king before God'

+-
Shoutbox
June 21, 2017, 07:42:01 am Zeynab: Shukran sis Heba.  Allah Bless. Ameen.
June 21, 2017, 07:39:56 am Heba E. Husseyn: Leialtul Qadr Mubarak.  For details on Leilatul Qadr please read MV post Leila-tul-Qadr
May 04, 2017, 05:35:01 am N. Truth Seeker: Alhumdulilah, Alhumdulilah.  Still 22 days left.  InshAllah we can thank Allah for granting us the opportunity to experience another of this blessed month for the betterment of our souls.  Thanks for mentioning Sister.
May 04, 2017, 05:20:37 am Ruhi_Rose: I can hardly keep track with the speed at which time flies.  Ramadan 2017 only 22 days away!
September 12, 2016, 03:17:09 am N. Truth Seeker: Wa salam sisters. So kind of u to remember. Alhumdulilah that Allah gave us another chance to live thru the blessed month of Zil Hajj.  Was a busy time for all of my family.
September 11, 2016, 08:26:43 am Zeynab: Wa'salaam my dear Sis Heba Smiley  Yes, Alhumdulilah, the 10 days of this blessed month went well by the Grace & Mercy of Allah. I wish the same for all.
September 11, 2016, 02:20:02 am Heba E. Husseyn: Salam my dear MV team and other sis and bros.  I pray the first 10 days of the bless month of Zil Hajj has passed well for all.  Hajj culminates in about 2 days. InshAllah.
August 22, 2016, 09:50:39 pm Zeynab: Wa'salam.  Thanks brother Smiley  Sis Heba helped me a lot too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 'Saudis put king before God'  (Read 681 times)
Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 25, 2013, 01:40:38 am »

Here is an article from a Facebook timeline page.  Wahabiis disallow touching and kissing the Kaa'ba calling it bid'ah.  This article describes both practices - those who kiss the Kaa'ba and the Saudi guards who oppose it.  I would like to know your thoughts.  Which view do you agree with?

'Saudis put king before God'

By M. Shabbar - Facebook

Millions of Muslims around the world are travelling to Mecca to seek divine refuge, solace and an outlet for their stresses. They burst into tears when the Kaaba, Islam’s holiest shrine, is within their sight. Most of them would like to touch the black perfumed clothing draped around the building built by Abraham, some five thousand years ago, to feel the powerful presence of God to strengthen their faith with their religion.

They also visit the birthplaces of the family of the prophet (SAW) and his companions, who lost their lives in the service of God. Faisal Mahjoob, a 33-year old Egyptian business executive, was one of them. When his stress was boiling over and threatened to take away his sanity, he had to reconcile with his faith. He went to Mecca during the Umrah period so he could have time to reach the Kaaba, visit other shrines and give him an opportunity to walk inside the mosque built by the holy Prophet in Madina.

Tears rolled down his cheeks when he finally reached the Kaaba and stretched a hand to touch it and kiss it. A Saudi guard, pushed him away and said harshly, “ it is only made of clay and bricks from a factory. Only stupid people do it.”  Mahjoob managed to cling on despite the force applied by the guard.

“The ten seconds I touched and kissed the Kaaba, all my frustrations, stresses and negative feelings evaporated from me. It is six months since that day and I still feel God’s peace in me. It is as if the Almighty had physically reached out for me.”

Thousands of people have had similar experiences while visiting Mecca, with Saudi guards, quite ruthlessly, pushing them away, shouting “bida’a” when all a Muslim wants is to embrace God’s peace so he can return home a better person.

How many times we have seen on Saudi televisions a throng of well-wishers queuing up to shake the hand and kiss the bisht-draped shoulder of King Abdullah? The irony is that they kiss the bisht made in France to flatter the King so they could perhaps win the royal favour. But if a Muslim wants to kiss the holiest shrine to win the favour of God, King Abdullah’s guards ruthlessly push them away.

Bida’a when it comes to embrace God’s peace and a solemn respect while doing the same for the old King.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

muslima

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:17:14 pm »

salamem

Ahh kaaba is under the supervision of thieves bitter but truth for saudis Kaaba is nothing more then four walls are standing side by side their stone brains can not think , they can not see kaaba beyond the bricks  , yes  saudi guards do treat believers harshly because their fearless hearts are empty ,they can not understand these feelings , well sis I don't see anything wrong with touching and kissing the kaaba ,it comes automatically and believers does not touch or kiss kaaba with the intention of shirk or the worship of bricks . Extreme behaviour is wrong of course but I feel this spirit is so pure, u feel so powerless when u sight kaaba, The house of Allah constructed by prophet Ibraim (pbuh) nothing else and it's 100000 times better then kiss the hand of king which obviously indicates the element of shirk in such way, saudi's consider themselves as owner of kaaba and the great religious figures ? Don't know how and why ? They are accepted as pope or bishop amongst muslims. WHY is that so ? just because they have furnished kaaba with expensive marbles and gold.?   why ?  are saudis considered the last holy generation ? of course kissing the hands and feets or shoulder or whatever to show the loyalty to king (the human created by dust ) ,it's  just transmitted practice , kissing king's hand is bidah. “Every bid'ah is a going astray and every going astray is in Hell-fire..
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 04:38:57 am »

Hmmm, interesting piece.  I passed it on.  Actually it all depends on the intent or niyaah, right?  I would take it for granted that anyone who approaches the Kaa'ba during Hajj or Umrah to kiss the Kaa'ba will do so as a gesture of respect toward Allah, remembering the Kaa'ba as the first masjid in world's recorded history built for Monotheistic (Tawheed) prayer.  So from that perspective if someone kisses the Kaa'ba, it will be for the sake of Allah which is of course fine.  While that person is kissing the Kaa'ba, his or her heart will be consumed with the love & thoughts of Allah, not the bricks nor the velvet-cover of the Kaa'ba.  In case anyone develops reverence for the brick structure itself, that would be horrible!  Only Allah will deal with them either in this world or in the next or both.  It's impossible for us to judge whose intention is right or otherwise.  So yes, this idea of keeping guards around the Kaa'ba to shove people away or stop them from touching the Kaa'ba is definitely wrong, but what else can one expect from these Saudi idiots who are the champions of bid'ah themselves.  They will stop people from touching the Kaa'ba for fear of bid'ah and then commit one dozen bid'ah themselves by making obnoxious Shariah laws and reviving false & vulgar hadiths for implementation. I would presume most people who visit the Kaa'ba touch it as a symbol of love for Allah .. I hope so.  However, bid'ah and ideas of shirk have also crowded the minds of millions.  While learning to love Allah, they get confused by incorrect teachings of many of their stupid mentors and they deviate.  Unfortunately this is also true of many but not all.  Like I said, all this will have to be left up to Allah to judge and decide.  Only He knows what lies in the hearts & minds of each person, and those who touch the Kaa'ba with respect only to fill their hearts with the love of Allah, may Allah bless them.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 02:03:04 pm »

True, as long as you don't touch or kiss it with the idea of committing shirk it's okay.  The motive or intent must be love of Allah.  In any case, touching or kissing the Ka'ba is not mandatory.  The Quran had described the entire procedure of Haj but Allah only mentions about taw'af, not touching or kissing.  Moreover, because of the huge crowd, it's always difficult to reach close enough to be able to touch it.  For the women and elderly it's almost impossible to wade across that kind of enormous crowd, except on some seasons of Umrah when the crowd is small.  If someone goes for Hajj or Umrah and is not able to touch the Ka'ba does not mean their love for Allah is less than someone else who touched it. Getting close and being able to touch the Ka'ba might have been a lot easier during the Prophet's (pbuh) time when the number of pilgrims were much less.  Yet Allah does not mention anything about it because Allah knows the future and Allah knew that after hundreds of years when the number of pilgrims proliferate, it will not be easy at all for everyone to get close access to the Ka'ba.  So, as long as the Taw'af is performed correctly, it's okay.  If one is able to easily come close to the structure of the Ka'ba then it's fine but I wouldn't call that compulsory. 
Report Spam   Logged

HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE ALLAH CAN
STAND BEFORE ANYONE.
abbottonian

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 10:53:24 pm »

Assalamo Alaikum
I would not go into details but only mention the following which perfectly fits upon Al-Saud .
"Have you made the providing of water for the pilgrim and the maintenance of al-Masjid al-Haram equal to [the deeds of] one who believes in Allah and the Last Day and strives in the cause of Allah ? They are not equal in the sight of Allah . And Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people."AL-Qur'aan 9:19
Al-Saud in fact are Al-Yahood
Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Asif Raza:- No tool is more beneficial than knowledge and no weapon is more dangerous than ignorance.
Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 02:37:09 am »

Sisters and brothers thanks for your comments.  It was thoroughly informative.  Indeed intent is at the center of all our actions.  I too don't consider touching the Kaa'ba a necessary step at all.  If it helps to comfort someone with memories of the past as elucidated in the Quran, then that's fine, but that ideology shouldn't be twisted or exaggerated. 

Brother Abbottonian, wa'salaam.  What you said is correct and something we already illustrated here as below long ago through the following image and the same Verse you quoted.

The topic of this post is what might be your opinion of pilgrims touching the bricks of the Kaa'ba as they do today?  Do they consider it a part of worship or just an expression of their sentiments?
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 10:53:06 am »

Yes, it can be kissed as a form of respect, but no need to get too obsessed with it.  What's important is true respect from the heart.   And Allah hasn't mentioned anything about kissing the Ka'ba during Hajj.  We go there with the love and respect of Allah in our hearts and because the Ka'ba was the first masjid built for the worship of Allah only, so we respect it.  But these dramas like kissing the brick of Ka'ba, kissing the black stone are not positive practices.  The Quran has kept everything simple but people make it complicated through exaggerations.  And in the minds of some people, these exaggerations can also lead to wrong ideas.  The saudi guards stop people not because of any grand principles but because they act rude and tyrannical with everyone at all times, not just in the premises of the Ka'ba. 

And I must say, kissing the black stone is a very negative practice.  Makes no sense. In hadith and other stories they talk so much about it, but the Quran does not say a word on the black stone.  The only practical use of the black stone is that it serves as a marking or a starting point to begin and finish every single round of ta'waf (circumambulation).  But again, there are lots of other ways to keep count of one's ta'waf.  Btw, can anyone give some more information on the black stone, how it started?

The hadith also comes up with the story of Baitul Mamur, which it claims is a masjid in Jannat the Prophet saw during Mairaj.  Completely unwarranted in the Quran .. no such thing as Baitul Mamur in the Quran anywhere.  The whole of Jannat is a reminder of Allah.  It is Allah's biggest and most beautiful gift to believers.  Some imams in their lectures spice up the story further claiming that Baitul Mamur is geometrically 90 degree above the Ka'ba in Jannat.  LOL.  Professional story tellers.   
Report Spam   Logged

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 11:15:41 am »

Salaam  sis Ruhi.  Yes, I've also heard of Baitul Mamoor and that it's exactly above the Kaa'ba in Paradise in the same longitude.  The source of information is just the imams with no confirmations from the Quran.  I never gave any thoughts to it.  The imaginary stories are so many that by now it's literally difficult to keep count of them.  Just shows the human capacity to gossip without the slightest fear of Allah.

As for the black stone, no idea how it started.  But it's got NO Quranic importance, that's for sure.  The latest story started by the imams (not sure if it's from some recently scribbled hadith) is that black stone is a meteorite that fell from space in Mecca when Prophet Ibrahim and his son, Ishmael, were living there as an indication to tell them where to build the Kaa'ba.  Presumably according to the story it fell on the spot where the Kaa'ba was built.  Completely unreliable story.  Then again, the very latest gossip started by some so-called scholar named Dr. Zaghlool Al-Najjar claims that NASA has confirmed that black stone is a meteorite that came from outside earth.  But my search didn't take me to any direct NASA information on this story.  It's only mentioned in Hadith following websites who claim it's from NASA .. the same kind of trick that claims NASA said sun will rise from the West.  LOL.  Then again, some hostile anti-Islam Christians say a different story which is just as much a guesswork.  They claim that some people from Yemen had brought the black stone in pre-Islamic days but they have not said why they got it.  So these are all cheap gossips.  I just don't pay attention of any of it.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 11:22:17 am »

As for the black stone, no idea how it started.  But it's got NO Quranic importance, that's for sure.  The latest story started by the imams (not sure if it's from some recently scribbled hadith) is that black stone is a meteorite that fell from space in Mecca when Prophet Ibrahim and his son, Ishmael, were living there as an indication to tell them where to build the Kaa'ba.  Presumably according to the story it fell on the spot where the Kaa'ba was built.  Completely unreliable story.  Then again, the very latest gossip started by some so-called scholar named Dr. Zaghlool Al-Najjar claims that NASA has confirmed that black stone is a meteorite that came from outside earth.  But my search didn't take me to any direct NASA information on this story.  It's only mentioned in Hadith following websites who claim it's from NASA .. the same kind of trick that claims NASA said sun will rise from the West.  LOL.  Then again, some hostile anti-Islam Christians say a different story which is just as much a guesswork.  They claim that some people from Yemen had brought the black stone in pre-Islamic days but they have not said why they got it.  So these are all cheap gossips.  I just don't pay attention of any of it.

Thanks for this info sister Zeynab.  I knew there was some gossip surrounding it but couldn't recall.  Disgusting gossips.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: