Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 09:03:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Sacrificing of animal in Zil Hajj

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sacrificing of animal in Zil Hajj  (Read 3407 times)
abbottonian

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 06, 2013, 08:12:46 pm »

AssalamoAlaikum
May this sacred month brings peace and prosperity for mankind.
A friend asked me some questions which I am posting here for my own knowledge and to satisfy my friend too.
I would like to know from Quran if it is mandatory to sacrifice an animal every year or it is for those who perform Hajj?
Does Quran mention about how to bury our dead ?
Where in Quran it is mentioned that we should not hold Quran without performing Wudu?
Thanks and Jazak Allah Khair
Report Spam   Logged

Asif Raza:- No tool is more beneficial than knowledge and no weapon is more dangerous than ignorance.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 10:44:03 pm »

Walaikum Salam brother Abottonian.   Seeing you here after a very long time.  I pray you and your family are fine, InshAllah.  May the blessed month of Zil-Hajj bring peace and solace for all of us with the strongest of iman, ameen.

From our understanding of the Quran, sacrificing an animal which is one of the steps of Hajj (not really a celebration) is only for those who are performing Hajj.  But as you would know, traditionally it's taken as a general practice for all in a celebratory spirit.  In my personal opinion, if one is not performing Hajj, then they need not sacrifice an animal.  However, as a gesture of eagerness toward being dutiful toward Allah, one can give some money as charity to the poor .. whatever one can afford as everyone has a different financial status.  We had a detailed discussion on the concept of Eid and to what extent it's compatible with the Noble Quran.  I'll look for it and put the link here, InshAllah.

Yes, the Quran does indicate to us that disposing of the dead body should be done through burial.  If you recall the 5th Surah Al-Maidah from Verses 27 to 32 where Allah narrates the argument between the two sons of Adam named Habil and Qabil (هابيل ,قابيل) (in English Abel and Cain).  One of them was good and humble while the other one was aggressive and arrogant who threatened to kill his brother and eventually did kill him and became a sinner.  After he killed his brother, he repented.  And then Allah sent a raven (or a crow) to scratch the earth and hide or cover the body with it.  This is a clear indication that the right way to dispose the dead body is by burying it in the earth .... thus as Allah creates the human body with earth, after death it goes back into earth.  From dust to dust.  However the soul lives on which is kept in the custody of Allah and He has not told us where He keeps the soul until the Day of Judgment.  This information comes from Verse 39:42.  I am also quoting Verses 5:27-32 for your reference on burial of the dead. 

"But recite unto them with truth the tale of the two sons of Adam, how they offered each a sacrifice, and it was accepted from the one of them and it was not accepted from the other. (The one) said: I will surely kill thee. (The other) answered: Allah accepteth only from those who ward off (evil)."  (5:27)

"Even if thou stretch out thy hand against me to kill me, I shall not stretch out my hand against thee to kill thee, lo! I fear Allah, the Lord of the Worlds."  (5:28)

"Lo! I would rather thou shouldst bear the punishment of the sin against me and thine own sin and become one of the owners of the fire. That is the reward of evil-doers." (5:29)

"But (the other's) mind imposed on him the killing of his brother, so he slew him and became one of the losers."   (5:30)

"Then Allah sent a raven scratching up the ground, to show him how to hide his brother's naked corpse. He said: Woe unto me! Am I not able to be as this raven and so hide my brother's naked corpse ? And he became repentant."  (5:31)

"For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth."   (5:32)

As for holding or not holding the Quran while performing wudu, I don't now of any verse which says either of that.  But my common sense tells me that while doing wudu it's not possible to hold the Quran because we need to use both our hands to wash ourselves.  So it would be practically very difficult or impossible to hold it at that time.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 10:47:07 pm »

To get some additional information on the validity of Eid-al-Fitr and Eid-al-Adha with reference to the Noble Quran, kindly check the last 4 or 5 posts of the thread in the following link. 

http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=587.0
Report Spam   Logged

abbottonian

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 07:13:37 pm »

AssalamoAlaikum sister Heba. Thank you for your kind words.I have been reading all new posts through my emails I usually copy all the posts and save in my computer for reading at an appropriate time because here in Pakistan we have too much power outages,specially in my city Rawalpindi,sometimes after every hour thus it becomes very difficult to keep myself logged in having explained that I will revert to my questions.I have lot of friends who are Hadith lovers and whenever they argue with me and ask some questions I refer to MV. And I am grateful that all the members are so keen to help and Allah will reward them all in the best way InshAllah.
My first question was about the burial of the dead and I had the knowledge of the of the Verses of Holy Quran you mentioned.May be I could not elaborate my question.I was of the understanding that Burial means offering of Namaz-e- Janaza first and bury the dead.So I should have asked "why do you offer Namaz-e-Janaza for your dead while this is not mentioned anywhere in Quran So you have to refer to Hadith"as the person asked me.
My third question was “Where in Quran it is mentioned that we should not hold Quran with performing Wudu? There has been a typing error; It should have been like this “Where in Quran it is mentioned that we should not hold Quran WITHOUT performing Wudu?"
I am sorry for any inconvenience.
And at the end I will request you for a personal favor to hold a special prayer for my wife who is bed ridden for the last 9 years after going through brain surgery twice for tumor. May Allah grant her perfect health.
May Allah strengthen our Imaan and give us guidance through the Holy Quran.
Thank you and stay blessed always.
Report Spam   Logged

Asif Raza:- No tool is more beneficial than knowledge and no weapon is more dangerous than ignorance.
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 02:29:22 am »

Walaikum Salaam.  Dear brother, first things first.  I'm very sad to learn about the health of your dear wife.  I pray to Allah Almighty from the pit of my heart to grant good health and comfort to our sister as the earliest.  Ameen ya Allah.   No matter where we live, medical efforts can only go so far and there comes a point when we have no other choice but to leave the matter to Allah and only pray.  Also, this earthly world is a test and it's temporary.  I am sure the perseverance and steadfastness (taqwa) of both you and your wife at this trying time of life will earn both of you plenty of blessings from Allah in both the worlds.  InshAllah, ameen.

"O ye who believe! Seek help in steadfastness and prayer. Lo! Allah is with the steadfast."  (2:153). 

"And surely We shall try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and crops; but give glad tidings to the steadfast, Who say, when a misfortune striketh them: Lo! we are Allah's and lo! unto Him we are returning."   (2:155-156).

Answering your questions:

The namaz-e-janaza has been referred in the Quran in Verse 5:106 (Surah Al-Maidah) where Allah mentions that at the time of bequest (i.e. making or writing a will as a gift for someone after death) if a person is on a journey and death takes him away, then to prove that that bequest was authentic and not forged, there should be two witnesses.  Then, Allah mentions that to testify to the truth of the bequest, the executors of the will must empanel the two witnesses "after the prayer."  This clearly points to the fact that offering prayer before burying the dead is a Quranic practice.  The following is the complete Verse for reference. 

"O ye who believe! Let there be witnesses between you when death draweth nigh unto one of you, at the time of bequest - two witnesses, just men from among you, or two others from another tribe, in case ye are campaigning in the land and the calamity of death befall you. Ye shall empanel them both after the prayer, and, if ye doubt, they shall be made to swear by Allah (saying): We will not take a bribe, even though it were (on behalf of) a near kinsman nor will we hide the testimony of Allah, for then indeed we should be of the sinful."  (5:106).

Moreover, a lot of practices can be assessed as Quranic or otherwise by comparing them whether or not they are compatible with general Quranic principles.  For example, late prayers or qaza prayers ... the Quran does not specifically spell out that we should or should not offer late prayers if we miss a prayer at its proper time.  Yet, our common sense tells us that if we miss a particular prayer, offering it late might not carry the same blessing but it might be better than not offering it at all.  Thus, we ask forgiveness of Allah for not being able to offer a prayer on time and instead we offer it qaza .. at least something is better than nothing.  Thus, Allah tells us in Verse 17:84 "Say: Each one does according to his rule of conduct, and your Rab is Best Aware of him whose way is right."  This verse indicates that we have the entitlement to use our common sense by keeping it compatible with the broader Quranic values to make a decision.  A Quran alone brother had once said, the Noble Quran contains 2 kinds of instructions -  'hukum' or direct commandments and also narrations through which we are supposed to draw lessons to help us make decisions.  This is an important principle to remember.  Even if something is not specifically spelled out in the Quran, it will definitely be indicated in the broader Quranic values through Quranic narrations and Quranic analogies.  But most traditional mainstream Muslims simply jump on the Hadith for the answers they are looking for because they are too lazy to think & reflect.

As for holding the Quran without performing a formal wudu, you are right, the Quran does not tell us not to hold it without wudu.  To my understanding, it's not obligatory to have a formal wudu for holding the Quran.  I often do hold the Quran in my hand even if I don't have a formal wudu.   The important thing is that one should be generally & fairly clean .. I mean having reasonably clean clothes as we wear at home and tidy hands to hold the Quran out of the respect in our hearts.  Prior to performing our wudu, many times we are clean enough to hold a plate of food in our hands or even shake hands with a friend.  In that case, we can also consider ourselves physically clean enough to hold the Quran without contaminating it with tangible dirt.  As long as this is guaranteed, it's okay to touch the Quran without wudu

Allah bless you and your family. 

I have also heard from many sources about the frequent power outages in Pakistan.   I really pray and hope that improves.   I don't know when Pakistan will get over this inconvenience.

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 06:16:23 am »

And at the end I will request you for a personal favor to hold a special prayer for my wife who is bed ridden for the last 9 years after going through brain surgery twice for tumor. May Allah grant her perfect health.
May Allah strengthen our Imaan and give us guidance through the Holy Quran.
Thank you and stay blessed always.

Walaikum As-salam brother Abbototonian.   So sorry to learn about the illness of your wife.  I earnestly pray to Allah (The Highest) to grant her shifa and a quick recovery, InshAllah, ameen.    Also, may Allah grant both of you the best reward for your patience and courage.  I find it very sad to learn of our brothers and sisters suffering and not be able to do anything to help them.  But Allah is always there for all of us. 

You and your family will always be in my prayers. 

Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 06:53:38 am »

sorry to hear about ur wife bro abbototonian.  I pray that ur sabar and emaan staying strong during this difficult time.May Allah grant her health ameen. Smiley

salaam & peace
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
abbottonian

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 01:31:30 pm »

Assalam Alaikum sister Zeynab for  your detailed  explanation of my questions and  yes Surah Al-Baqarah 2:155-156 always echoes in my mind and I thank Allah for that.
I am deeply indebted to You,Muslima And Truth Seeker for comforting me with prayers.
Jazakum Allah Jami'an bil Khair.   
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 08:44:34 pm »

Dear brother Abottonian, I'm very saddened to learn of your wife's health problem. Please accept my sincerest sympathy during this difficult time. I so well understand how hard it can be to watch a loved one suffer.  InshAllah, I pray Allah Almighty grants her healing as soon as possible.  Ameen.  I will remember her in my prayers daily.

My apology for not correctly understanding your question on holding the Quran without wudu.  I think Sister Zeynab's has clarified it well enough.  Hope to see you here again soon.  Allah bless.
Report Spam   Logged

abbottonian

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 09:53:03 pm »

Assalam Alaikum sister Heba. Thank you so much for your heart touching words.I hope that my bondage with MV will last InshAllah till I am able to read and type.
You do not owe an apology because it was my typing mistake and I regret for the  inconvenience.
May Allah keep you protected.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 05:19:11 am »

Salam brother Abbotonian.  I'm very distressed to learn of your wife's illness.  Thank you for sharing this information so I will make sure I remember her in my prayers every day.  By the Grace of Allah, InshAllah, her health will improve with time.  Sorry for the late response brother.  Somehow I had missed this thread and saw it only moments ago. 
Report Spam   Logged

abbottonian

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 07:11:57 am »

Assalam Alaikum and Eid Mubarak to the Admin & members of MV.I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for showing your kind hardheartedness and compassion for my wife.May Allah bless you all.
Wassalam 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 11:08:03 am »

Another Chapter in the Noble Quran that conveys the concept of burying the dead in in Surah 80, "Abasa."   I was reading this Surah today and observed it, so I thought of putting it up.

"Man is (self-)destroyed: how ungrateful!
From what thing doth He create him ?
From a drop of seed. He createth him and proportioneth him,
Then maketh the way easy for him,
Then causeth him to die, and burieth him;
Then, when He will, He bringeth him again to life."  (80:17:22).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: