Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 29, 2024, 01:09:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Old traditional tales for daily moral lessons

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Old traditional tales for daily moral lessons  (Read 2154 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 10, 2013, 10:53:51 am »

Hey kids!  As-Salaam Alaikum. These are old fictional tales to entertain you in a simple way conveying moral lessons.  Don't take them literally.  Things don't really happen this way in real life.  Like I said these are fictions.  But it's only a way of communicating how to initially acquire a practical approach in life, okay? .. each story carrying a basic moral lesson to remember.

GINGERBREAD HOUSE (Or, house made of candies and cakes)!

Gingerbread Houses are indirectly linked to the fairy tale of Hansel and Gretel.  In this story, two minor children who are brother and sister named Hansel and Gretel lose their way in the woods.  They come upon a house made of gingerbread and cakes, covered with frosting and candies.  They are incredibly happy and surprised.  Unfortunately, it’s the house of a wicked witch.  She befriends the kids, to trap them.  The witch invites the kids inside her house, feeds them on the sweets, fattens them and then tries to eat them up.  Fortunately, Hansel and Gretel fight her off and escape to safety.

The moral of the story:  Do not get attracted by the sweet and sugar coated talk of strangers.  No matter how many beautiful things they may show you, avoid greed and don't fall into the trap of strangers particularly when something offered to you appears too good to be true.

Little Red Riding Hood.

Once upon a time there was a little girl loved by every one, most of all by her grandmother who gave her a little hood of red velvet which the little girl wore all the time and came to be known as Little Red Riding Hood. One day Red Riding Hood's mother sent her to visit her grandmother who was ill and weak.   The mother told the little girl to take a cake and some fruits to her grandmother who lived in a cottage some distance away in the woods.  As the little girl walked through the woods she saw some primrose flowers growing a little deeper inside the woods.   She decided to take some for her grandmother.  So she went deeper into the woods and got busy picking the flowers.  A wolf saw her and came up, asking where she was going.  She told him she was going to visit her ailing grandma. 

While the little girl was busy picking flowers, the cunning wolf ran to her grandma's cottage, ate her up, wore her clothes and sat down on her bed waiting for Red Riding Hood to come.  Soon after the little girl came in with the food and flowers, the wolf sprang on her and ate her too.

Moral of the story:  Never trust strangers, never pick up a conversation with them and never give them personal information. 

Henny Penny (also known as Chicken Little).

Henny Penny is a chicken who thinks the sky is has fallen when she was hit on her head by an acorn.   Acorn is a small oval shaped nut of the oak.

One day Henny Penny was scratching in the farmyard looking for something good to eat when, suddenly something hit her on the head. "My goodness me!" she said. "The sky must be falling down. I must go and tell the king."

While on her way to the king's palace, she narrated this story to the rooster, the turkey and the duck and they all marched together towards the king's palace to tell him that the sky was about to fall.  Soon they met a fox who asked them where they were going.  Henny Penny said that they were going to the king's palace to tell him the sky will fall shortly.  The fox said this was important news, that he would lead them to the kind's palace and they must all follow him.  Instead the cunning fox led them to his house and gobbled the rooster, the turkey and the duck.  Henny Penny was the last in line.  When she saw her comrades getting inside the fox's house and then heard them screaming, she knew what was happening.  She turned around and ran back to the safety of her farmyard.  She stayed there forever and never again thought of telling the king that the sky was going to fall.

The moral of the story:  It isn't good to be a cowardly illusionist, exaggerating your imaginary stories.

Fox, the Crow and the cheese.

Crow sat on the tree with piece of cheese in his mouth. Cunning fox wanted to eat the cheese so flattered the crow that he had a wonderful voice when he sang. Crow got flattered and forgetting the cheese in his mouth began to sing.  Cheese fell out, fox picked it up and ran away.

The lesson:  Don't get carried away by flattery.  Tell selfish lackeys, bootlickers and sycophants to get a life and get the hell out of yours.

Fox and the Rooster

A rooster was perched on a branch of a very high tree, crowing loudly. His powerful exclamations were heard throughout the forest and caught the attention of a hungry fox who was out and about looking for a prey.

The fox saw how high the bird was positioned and thought of a sly way to bring the rooster down for his meal.

"Excuse me, my dear proud Rooster," he gently spoke, "Have you not heard of the universal treaty and proclamation of harmony that is now set before all beasts and birds and every creature in our forest. We are no longer to hunt or prey nor ravish one another, but we are to live together in peace, harmony, and love. Do come down, Rooster, and we shall speak more on this matter of such great importance."

The rooster, who knew that the fox was known for his sly wit, said nothing, but looked out in the distance, as if he were seeing something.

"At what are you looking so intently?" asked the fox.   "I see a pack of wild dogs," said the rooster, "I do believe they're coming our way, Mr. Fox."

"Oh, I must go," said the fox.     "Please do not go yet, Mr. Fox," said the rooster, "I was just on my way down. We will wait on the dogs and discuss this new time of peace with all."

"No, no," said the fox, "I must go. The dogs have not heard of this treaty of peace yet."

Moral of the story:  Be smart like the rooster; never buy the talks of story-tellers as many of them might nurture evil intent.

Chanticleer and the fox, Renart:
The moral lesson is similar to the fable, Fox and the Crow.  But it's a double lesson for both.

Chanticleer the rooster lives farm coop with his three hen "wives."  Yet Chanticleer wasn't a 'henpecked' guy Smiley   One of his wives dreamed that a predator, hovering near the farm's cabbage garden, was planning to attack and kidnap Chanticleer.  She told him of her dream and warned him to be careful.  But Chanticleer didn't care.  One day Renart the fox comes to the farm and sees Chanticleer close by.  He tries to befriend Chanticleer, telling him how much he admired the singing of his father.  Renart then says that he would like to hear if Chanticleer can sing as nicely as his dad, suggesting that he should close his eyes, stretch his neck and start crowing.  As soon as Chanticleer begins to crow, Renart seizes him and runs into the woods.  As the farm workers began chasing the fox to rescue the rooster, Chanticleer got an idea to save himself.  He told the fox to turn his neck and mock his pursuers.  When he did that, Chanticleer was able to fly away to safety on the branch of a tree.  

Moral of the story is a double lesson on how both the rooster and the fox proved themselves as losers for their own naivety. 

Sour grapes:

The short is about a fox who sees a clump of grapes hanging from a tree and decides to eat them to quench his thirst.  He attempts to jump and retrieve the grapes, but they are out of reach. Eventually, the fox gives up.  He determines that the grapes must be sour and confidently, yet disappointedly, walks away. 

The moral lesson makes quite a strong point, which is, people are often inclined to dislike what they cannot achieve.  Whether or not this is a positive approach is subjective.  Depends on your goal what you are trying to achieve.  Indeed sometimes we err and run after the wrong goal.  In that case, if we cannot acquire it, we must take it as a blessing from Allah.  But pretending to dislike something proven as positive just because you couldn't achieve it because of your own lack of capability is not the right approach.  That is akin to jealousy.

Related post:
Animal world for children

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 10:43:41 pm »

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Many thumbs-up to this cutey pie page!  Cheesy   Though I'm not a kid, I enjoyed it just as much as my kids would .... and wait till I tell about it  Cheesy

InshAllah, let us keep adding on this thread more moral stories for our children as we keep getting them.

We are living in a weird world which is trying to literally abolish childhood by introducing adult-like ideas in young children.  I suppose you know what I mean.  This is not, not right.  Children must learn the children's way.

Many thanks Sis Ruhi.  You did a great job.  My six lil hooligans will turn their computer room into a rumpus room reading this page  Grin 
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 02:23:51 am »

You're most welcomed Sister Heba.  Glad you liked it and I hope your kiddos will too!  Grin 

To everyone: Please keep adding any new kid stories you find with moral lessons compatible with the Noble Quran in this thread.  That will be a great idea.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 02:26:45 am »

Just marvelous, super marvelous  Thumbsup     Did you do all the work yourself Sister Ruhi?
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 02:30:34 am »

Many thanks Sis Zeynab.  No, I didn't do all of it, just some ... I actually passed this on to my son  Grin .. they are learning in school on how to edit, color, finish, add text, backgrounds and frames to children's pics.  So he really liked the assignment and I've told him to keep putting up any new ones he works on. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 02:33:05 am »

Fabulous idea Smiley   Thanks a billion for the contribution, with a very special bunch of thanks and hugs to your dear, dear son!  Allah bless all of you.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 10:50:52 am »

Aww lovely ,good job sis Thumbsup
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 09:17:05 pm »

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 10:58:30 pm »

Awww!   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley   thank you my dearest sisters and brother for assisting me with this page and putting up the beautiful .. wonderful ... posters with great lessons for our future generations.  I absolutely LOVE all your contributions.

Please read carefully kids.  And please know, no matter where you live, never forget to educate yourself to make your soul worthy of Allah's guidance.  Only doing your academic subjects in school and college aren't enough.  Additionally, you have  to work hard with the help of your parents and siblings on learning the true meaning of the Quran, and understanding that the Quran is not just about religion, but it's our complete way of life.  Understand the Quran by reading its direct commandments and grasping its principles, and then lay down the rules of your life by keeping them intertwined with the rules of the Great Quran.

Thanks again Sisters Zeynab, Muslima, Heba and Br. TruthSeeker.   Allah bless all of you.  Allah bless all our kids.  Ameen, ameen.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: