Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 03:53:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How far this is true? (Friday sermon from Hadith)

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How far this is true? (Friday sermon from Hadith)  (Read 2577 times)
abbottonian

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 26, 2013, 01:22:03 am »

Assalam Alaikum
I have been attending Friday sermons since my childhood and remember both the sermons by heart since then.Today I am quoting  a particular sentence of the sermon in Arabic
  "خير القرون قرني ثم الذين يلونهم ثم الذين يلونهم" KHAIRUL QAROON QARNI THUMA ALLAZINA YALUNAHUM THUMA ALLAZINA YALUNAHUM .Translation "Better of centuries is mine and  then those who follow them and then those who follow them.Whereas history records the bitter facts of impostor prophet,the battle of Jamal,Murders of three Khalifas,Battle of Nahrevan,Murder of Hussain(RA) the four major dividers of Deen,Abu Hanifa,Malik,Shafai and Hambal and above all  compilation  of lies in shape of   six books so called as Sahih and the  worst over attributing those lies to the Holy Prophet (PBUH).All these events pertain to the 1st ,2nd and 3rd century which is absolutely contrary to the saying of the Prophet (PBUH) "Better of centuries is mine and  then those who follow them and then those who follow them"
I would like to have your comments on this.
Wassalam   

Report Spam   Logged

Asif Raza:- No tool is more beneficial than knowledge and no weapon is more dangerous than ignorance.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 02:02:01 am »

Walaikum As-Salaam,  brother.  Quoting the translation, I would like to confirm if I've understood it correctly.

"Better of centuries is mine and  then those who follow them and then those who follow them."

Is this supposed to be a praise for the Hadith narrators / compilers, the creators of the 4 madhabs and their disciples?  If this is what it means then this portion of the khutba is the opposite of the truth.  But what else can one expect from the type of people who give sermons in today's Ummah? 
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 03:14:51 am »

Yes, I think this is what it means.  Personally I think it's a very bad khutba.  It praises what needs to be plainly condemned.  Referring to those  as "better of centuries" who have destroyed Islam with bid'ah, lies and haram one after another.  As if all this isn't horrible enough, the Ummah goes to the depth of shamelessness to praise the unforgivable transgressions of history.  Look at the condition of the Ummah today.  Only those can call it the "better of centuries" whose arrogance has taken them to the depth of misguidance where they enjoy their sins.

You're absolutely right brother Abbotonian.  Islamic history has a lot of bitterness namely murder of 3 Caliphs, the Prophet's (pbuh) grandson and then a chain of bid'ah including the 2 big misfortunes being the Hadith institution and those 4 dividers of the Islamic faith .. very correctly said.  I too think Hanifa, Hanibal, Malik and Shafi collectively brought the final catastrophe.
Report Spam   Logged

abbottonian

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 08:30:44 am »

Thank you sisters for your thoughts.
The intention of concocting this Hadith to me is  simply because the fabricators belonged to ( and  then those who followed them and then those who followed them) that era.They wanted the people to believe in their integrity.Both Bukhari and Muslim have mentioned in their books about this.Very nicely summed up by sis Heba " I too think Hanifa, Hanibal, Malik and Shafi collectively brought the final catastrophe."And till today these people are still clinging to Hadith like leeches.
may Allah increase our knowledge of Quraan
Report Spam   Logged

Asif Raza:- No tool is more beneficial than knowledge and no weapon is more dangerous than ignorance.
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 09:28:58 pm »

The Quranic verse the muftis and imams should recite in their khutbas should be Verse 19:59 of Surah Maryam which defines the TRUTH in a nutshell as we see it today.

فَخَلَفَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ خَلْفٌ أَضَاعُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَاتَّبَعُوا الشَّهَوَاتِ ۖ فَسَوْفَ يَلْقَوْنَ غَيًّا

fakhalafa min baʿdihim khalfun aḍāʿū l-ṣalata wa-ittabaʿū l-shahawāti fasawfa yalqawna ghayyan

Translation:
"Now there hath succeeded them a later generation who have ruined worship and have followed lusts. But they will meet deception."   
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 09:41:28 pm »

Right on brother truth-seeker.  V.19:59 is just amazing, Alhumdulilah.  In just a few words Allah describes the misguidance of the majority who followed after most Prophets delivered Allah's Message to them.  This Verse is also a remarkable prophecy on the misguidance of the majority after the Final Message would be delivered to them.  And the Ummah as we see it today matches the contents of Verse 19:59 so accurately.  All praise be to Allah, The Almighty - The One and Only.

may Allah increase our knowledge of Quraan

Ameen, ameen, brother Abbotonian.  We are living in a very dangerous era when misguidance is rife all around us.  Worst of all, those followers of misguidance are convinced of the infallibility of their sins.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 02:05:35 am »

Mash'Allah, Verse 5:106 is a very appropriate one to quote for this topic.  This means that those people whom the imams are praising by describing as "better of centuries" are the ones whom Allah Almighty has referred as those who have "ruined worship and followed lusts."   Alhumdulilah, I agree 110%.

The Hadith compilers' praises for themselves and for each other is actually another very disgusting issue.  That too has been passed on for generations and is largely responsible for the misguidance of the naive disciples. 

Brother Abbottonian, I'm giving you 3 links which consist of the controversial history of Hadith written by Brother Hafeez Kazi who is a very sensible Quran-alone Muslim.  The article is divided in 3 chapters and all 3 are very informative exposing a lot of follies.  In the first part you will notice how the sycophants praise Bukhari .. the exaggerated language for glorifying a violator like him. 

(1) Controversial History of Hadeeth (by Br. Hafeez Kazi) PART 1 [Wrong claims of the so-called ulemas] 
(2) Controversial History of Hadeeth (by br. Hafeez Kazi) PART 2 [Lahwal Hadith]
(3) Controversial History of Hadeeth (by Br. Hafeez Kazi) PART 3 [Satanic Hadith]   
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: