Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 02:58:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How Am I Going To Serve Allah

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How Am I Going To Serve Allah  (Read 862 times)
MurtezaAFG

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 14, 2014, 05:10:47 pm »

As Salaamu Alaikum.

I recently heard of this sheikh and he is very righteous in his speeches.
I love this particular video he gives on how we can serve Allah (SWT).
Please watch and let me know what you guys think.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 07:54:16 pm »

Yes it's okay, the usual kind, though nothing new we didn't know before.   I connect with certain points very well, but not all.

I very much liked the closing statements.  Indeed however much we do for Allah can never be enough because He is perfect, we are not;  and because His kindness and mercy are infinite.  He is the only One Who is Perfect.

I didn't quite agree with his interpretation of V.12:108. 

"Say: This is my Way: I call on Allah with sure knowledge. I and whosoever followeth me - Glory be to Allah! - and I am not of the idolaters."  (12:108).

As he stated, path (Way) is a journey.  In a journey you have to make progress.  Every step brings you closer to your destination.  Every single moment you're making progress in the journey, so you're supposed do more everyday.  Of course we need to keep trying to improve our services to Allah.  But concerning V.12:108, I think that by the term "Way" (or path) Allah is referring to His complete set of instructions that make up our code of life.  In other words, "path" means the Quran itself which is the only Book containing the Laws of His Religion that have been "perfected" and "completed" as referred in V.5:3.

Brother, we might not have the time to go through all the lectures with detailed comments, and neither do we think it necessary to judge the opinion of others.   If you have any specific questions on any of the points of these lectures, do let us know by specifying them and and then we can give our opinion, InshAllah. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 05:34:55 pm »

I also don't understand how he has come up with this interpretation for Verse 12:108.  In this Verse "Way" or "Path" surely means the Quran.

The Verses which conform with what he wants to express are as follows:

"So vie one with another in good works. Unto Allah ye will all return, and He will then inform you of that wherein ye differ."  (5:48.)

OR

"They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency, and vie one with another in good works. These are of the righteous."  (3:114).

OR

"And vie one with another for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who ward off (evil);"  (3:133).

He could have actually finished this 33 minutes lecture in 13 minutes if he hadn't gone on repeating every point again and again. 
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 06:31:16 pm »

I suppose Nouman Ali Khan is in Malaysia on this video.  He states to the affect how happy everyone is being in Malaysia, a Muslim country, where they can all worship as Muslims with no obstacles.  Does he know that Shiia Islam has been banned in Malaysia? 
Report Spam   Logged

MurtezaAFG

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 12:17:32 am »

I also don't understand how he has come up with this interpretation for Verse 12:108.  In this Verse "Way" or "Path" surely means the Quran.

The Verses which conform with what he wants to express are as follows:

"So vie one with another in good works. Unto Allah ye will all return, and He will then inform you of that wherein ye differ."  (5:48.)

OR

"They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency, and vie one with another in good works. These are of the righteous."  (3:114).

OR

"And vie one with another for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who ward off (evil);"  (3:133).

He could have actually finished this 33 minutes lecture in 13 minutes if he hadn't gone on repeating every point again and again. 

True, he does explains things repeatedly in his lecture, but this is so the audience learns for sure; Allah (SWT) does the same thing in the Quran so the reader learns the message well. Nouman Ali Khan talks about this in some of his other lectures, truly miraculous (the Quran).
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 04:42:21 pm »

True, he does explains things repeatedly in his lecture, but this is so the audience learns for sure; Allah (SWT) does the same thing in the Quran so the reader learns the message well. Nouman Ali Khan talks about this in some of his other lectures, truly miraculous (the Quran).

The Noble Quran consists of 114 Chapters and over 6,300 verses.  Nouman's lecture was barely 30 minutes.  But the point you missed was the Quran has a totally different purpose and style from human speech.  Repeating vital instructions by Allah is not the same as repeating words & incidents by humans in their conversations.  Moreover, Nauman Khan isn't really repeating any vital rules.  He is actually repeating the contents of his very plain lecture over and over again.  But he isn't the only one.  Almost all imams and so-called scholars have that habit.  All they need to do to resolve it is to make their lectures shorter. 
Report Spam   Logged

abbottonian

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 05:09:01 pm »

Quote from Ruhi_Rose
"Does he know that Shiia Islam has been banned in Malaysia"?
Assalam alaikum sister
Are Shiias within the orbit of Islam? Kindly enlighten me because when I approached the Imam of our Masjid to pronounce the Nikah of my cousin with a Shiia girl,he simply refused and said "Shias are not Muslims" I did not argue with him due to lack of my knowledge and the Nikha was pronounced by a Shia Imam.
Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Asif Raza:- No tool is more beneficial than knowledge and no weapon is more dangerous than ignorance.
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 06:09:43 pm »

Quote from Ruhi_Rose
"Does he know that Shiia Islam has been banned in Malaysia"?
Assalam alaikum sister
Are Shiias within the orbit of Islam? Kindly enlighten me because when I approached the Imam of our Masjid to pronounce the Nikah of my cousin with a Shiia girl,he simply refused and said "Shias are not Muslims" I did not argue with him due to lack of my knowledge and the Nikha was pronounced by a Shia Imam.
Thanks

Walaikum As-Salaam brother Abbotonian.  This Shiia / Sunni hostility has been going on for long.  I do admit that various things the Shiias uphold are unIslamic just the same way as several things the Sunnis uphold are unIslamic too.  They both deride each other yet both commit violations through man-made laws, fabrications, crazy fatwas etc.  It's the usual story, nothing  that we don't already know about them.  Both have deviated from the Quran, there are no doubts about that.  However, inciting sectarianism is a terrible approach.  Officially Shiias are just as much Muslims as Sunnis.  Therefore I would say that it was wrong of that imam to refuse reading the nikah.  Such belligerence only deepens sectarian divide, and as a result of that we can see what has happened to our Ummah worldwide.  It's just getting worse with time.  In the days of our parents and grandparents, Sunni/Shiia marriages were very common.  And it was totally unheard of that the imam would refuse to preside over the nikah ceremony of a Shiia/Sunni marriage.

You also did well by not arguing with him.  I would advise you never to argue with these people.  They aren't educated folks and it's impossible to communicate with them.  The fact that the Shiia imam pronounced the nikah does obviously prove that in this case the Shiia imam was more tolerant and civilized than the Sunni imam. 

What Sister Ruhi apparently meant was that sectarianism in predominantly Sunni Malaysia has gone so far that it has banned Shiia Islam altogether.  This is a very extreme decision.  Like I said, Shiias have made just as many mistakes as the Sunnis have, therefore the Sunnis have no right to take such steps.  Moreover, such decisions disrupt the harmony of a cordial Muslim society and shatter its unity, creating bad relations and resulting in an uptight atmosphere that never lead to success.  As the saying goes, 'united we rise and divided we fall.'  No wonder our non-Muslim enemies are so happy to see us fight. 

May Allah guide this Ummah.  Their first mistake is to drift away from the Quran.  And their second mistake is to spread the sectarian culture.

As we always uphold, Muslims are just Muslims.   No matter who calls themselves Sunni or Shiia, I simply look upon both as our Muslim brethren.  Whatever mistakes they are making, Allah will Judge them on the Day of Resurrection, just as He will Judge everyone on that Day.  Guiding them is not my responsibility.  My responsibility is not to become a party to their practices, and to follow the guidance for the benefit of my soul.  If someone asks for my advise, then I will tell them what I perceive as right and true. 
Report Spam   Logged

abbottonian

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 04:32:44 pm »

Assalam alaikum sis Zaynab
You are absolutely right in saying that we should try to narrow the gap instead of widening it,but unfortunately due to petro dollars from Wahabis and their propagation against Shia Islam has widened the already existing gap between these two sects.Similarly Wahabis are working against the Alawis of Syria by pouring in millions of dollars thus putting fuel to the fire.May allah guide them and provide them with the courage to unite the Ummah instead of dividing.
So far as I am concerned,I can never hate a person just because he or she does not believe in what I believe,and Allah will judge where ever people differed among themselves.
Thank you for your enlightened post and yes "United we rise,divided we fall"
Allah bless you.
Report Spam   Logged

Asif Raza:- No tool is more beneficial than knowledge and no weapon is more dangerous than ignorance.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: