Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 05:41:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Can believers take disbelievers as close friends?

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Can believers take disbelievers as close friends?  (Read 1504 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 03, 2014, 11:30:24 pm »

Wa'Salam folks.  Nice thread through and through.  Sis Muslima, thanks for sharing all that info.

Haha!  This is something I've been saying since the last 10 years or more.  Greed has gotten the better of our imams and so masjids have become venues of superficial pride.  If you're wealthy, if you donate big or if you're a public figure or celebrity, they will also agree to polish your shoes, otherwise you have to fend for yourself.  Haqiqat toh yehi hai, ap es baat ko pasand kerein ya nahi.

thats why small mosque here decided and tries to straighten up communities to help each other as much they can

hummm, as long as "small" mosques are small, they're more sober.  But when they gradually 'grow big' with more local donations and qualify receiving $$$$ from oil-rich gulf states, they start the same shaitaani

Now wait and see ....  abhi Leialtul Qadr aanay wala hai on 27th Ramadan, InshAllah, and it will a big business day for the imams and their chamchas, not a day for prayer.  Most masjids sell "tickets" for Leilatul Qadr which is usually organized in some costly hall with snacks.  Last year a well-known Islamic community center in U.K. kept the price at £ 100 per family.   Nauzbillah. 

To be very honest, I cannot even take money for teaching the Quran.  Just as Quran is a priceless Book, studying it is the unconditional right & entitlement of all Muslims.  Neither kids nor adults should pay money for being taught the Quran nor should the teacher demand it.  Money should be charged for regular tuition, not for teaching the Quran.  But the mentality has changed so much that even Leialtul Qadr is used as a money-making event.

,but situation is worse at ur side and that's really very serious situation including single sisters problems . i wish every believer individually take step and come forward to help each other ameen  Smiley

aray nah sis!  LOL  teethsmile  It's basically the same everywhere.  Just a few sweet grapes in a massive bunch of sour ones is no big deal.  Maybe you personally know some good folks .. may Allah bless them. Ameen.  But they're a drop in the ocean.  If consideration and kindness become a  culture in one place, it automatically spreads in other places of the same community too .. at least to some extent.  I don't know where you are; I am in Canada.  Many stories of lack of cooperation between the masjids and the Muslim masses coming from Europe and U.K. that I've heard and read are even more rattling than the selfishness here.  It's not only about finances.  It's lack of overall care.  Let me share one story based on first hand information.  There is a revert brother who was my husband's colleague when we were living in Kuwait several years ago.  He liked Islam very much.  So my husband talked to him a lot about it.  That brother is  Spanish, now lives in Spain but my husband is still in touch with him. He reverted when he went back to Spain. But after a few months he almost decided to return to his former faith.   Financially he is very strong, doesn't need any monetary help.  But after taking Shahadah, the masjid authorities simply left him on his own.  They couldn't care a shit for the guy.  No counseling, no private discussions to address the ups & downs in his personal situation as a new revert, no advise on how to communicate with his displeased non-Muslim family members who were all the time badgering him for reverting to Islam.  The poor brother was on the point of  a nervous breakdown.  Then my husband advised him to take a break and invited him for a visit here.  He stayed with us for 6 weeks.   We and all my family talked to him at length, gave him a lot of time and analyzed all his problems.  And finally after he left he felt like a different person.  Ever since then his mind has cleared up on how to handle difficult issues as a revert.  Of course he is now a very devout Muslim and also happily married to a Muslim sister from Turkey,  Alhumdulilah.  If my husband hadn't offered to help, he would have become a christian again because the masjids just wouldn't bother. 

Btw, also check the life of the Quran translator, Abdullah Yusuf Ali.  I wonder if you know of his tragic end.  He had settled in England.  Although I don't read his translations as I'm into Pichtall's ... yet Yusuf Ali was a very active community worker who contributed a lot for Britain's Muslims in the 1930s and 1940s.  But when he died as an old man, he was penniless, he was ill, he was homeless and he was found unconscious on the street when the police took him to a hospital where he died.  That was a public shame for the Muslim community of Britain, and that too in the early 1950s when cost of living was low.  Yet they did nothing to support an old a man who translated the Noble Quran and worked untiringly for the Muslims.  The reason they didn't bother was because financially he had become bankrupt after his divorce and other personal hardships.  So the imams of Britain didn't want to get bogged down with a poor man.  They forgot his past services and looked upon him as a liability. 

Ya Allah, I seek refuge in YOU from the selfishness of this world.

Here is Yusuf Ali's personal story in brief: 
http://syedirfanhyder.blogspot.ca/2013/08/sad-ending-of-abdullah-yousuf-ali.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: