Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 16, 2024, 04:07:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

"uninhabited houses" in V.24:29 does NOT mean residential homes

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: "uninhabited houses" in V.24:29 does NOT mean residential homes  (Read 273 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:32:48 am »

BismEm

Hearkin, there are NO contradictions in the Quran!

Last weekend was our conversation/consultation/deliberation day at the Islamic community center over a cup a tea & cookies.  We have it only once a month and yet it cannot go tranquilly because some dipsy-yuppie must pop in and throw a tantrum, taking pride in their deviation and trying to show that they're trying hard to find sense in Faith ... as if they are doing us a favor by their so-called efforts. The brassy 18-year-old picked up Verses 24:27-28, compared it with 24:29, and then began bellowing away that these Verses are contradictory and he's getting confused and blah blah blah.   Then he again picked Verse 25:54 and started the same melodrama.

For the information of our readers let me put in the clarification.  It's very simple. There is NO contradiction anywhere in the Quran.  Such misunderstandings arise because of linguistic differences, scant knowledge of Arabic and word to word translation in other languages.  Most often these arguments are the result of innate tendencies of belligerence and lack of inclination to coolly analyze and grasp the facts.

There was such a lot of noise with everyone talking together that the place turned into a rumpus room.  No one could hear anyone!  I volunteered to email the necessary explanation to those who wished to receive it, and everyone said 'yes.'  So, please read my elucidation and simplification carefully which I've sent to most of them including that loud and crazy one.

The following are Verses 24:27-28 Surah An-Nur; please concentrate on the underlined portion of the verse.

"O you who believe! Enter not houses other than your own without first announcing your presence and invoking peace upon the folk thereof. That is better for you, that you may be heedful. And if you find no-one therein, still enter not until permission has been given. And if it be said unto you: Go away again, then go away, for it is purer for you. Allah knows what you do."  24:27-28.

The underlined portion refers to private residential homes where the members of the household are not at home at the time you visit it.  In that case obviously you are not supposed to enter someone else's residence in their absence.  In olden days there were no door bells nor phones nor cell phones to inform your visit beforehand; so when you visited someone's house, you would simply have to stand at the front entrance and call out or knock loudly at the door.  In such a case if you received no answer, the Quran instructs you to simply leave and NOT try to enter the home.

Also, if you've come at a wrong time and it isn't convenient for your hosts to let you enter or entertain you and they request you to leave, then respect what they say and leave.

Now let's see verse 24:29 Surah An-Nur .. Pickthall translation as well as Corpus Quran.

"(It is) no sin for you to enter uninhabited houses wherein is comfort for you. Allah knows what you proclaim and what you hide." 24:29
(Pickthall's translation)

"Not upon you is any blame that you enter houses not inhabited in it (is) a provision for you And Allah knows what you reveal and what you conceal."  24:29
(Translation Corpus Quran, word by word)

Houses which are not inhabited or uninhabited (in original Arabic of the Quran "ghayra muskunatin") which in English translate to 'uninhabited homes' are not residential homes.  It refers to hotels, inns, guest houses etc. which are generally open to all people, particularly travelers, to stopover and rest.  The reference here is to public residences open to the people for lodging.  This is so simple that I'm sure no further explanation is required.

Now coming to Verse 25:54 Surah Al-Furqan.

"And He it is Who hath created man from water, .....  25:54.

Unthinking minds claim this to be a "contradiction" babbling that in other verses the Quran says man is created of mud and in this verse it says man is created of water.   Those verses which mention of the creation of man with mud refer to the spiritual creation/existence of man, that when he dies the body turns to dust while the soul lives on.  Verse 25:54 refers to the physical side of man's creation, a process which follows the creation of soul according to the Law of Allah.  The term "water" implies the creation of human fetus in the womb with sperm and blood.  Additionally, the Verse may also carry an allusion to water being indispensable for human existence on earth.

Kindly think prior to throwing into a fit.  The Glorious Quran contains NO such thing as a contradiction.  Your rebellion against the Quran only amounts to rebellion against your own soul which will hurt you immensely on a particular DAY.

Allah bless.  May Allah grant guidance to the thoughtless.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 06:52:31 am »

Aw, thanks my sis.  Very good and useful read.  Like you had tough time at the community center?  Smiley    Emailing them the details was the right idea.  Sometimes get-togethers really go out of hand when everyone gets hyped in their own ways. 

some dipsy-yuppie must pop in and throw a tantrum, taking pride in their deviation and trying to show that they're trying hard to find sense in Faith ... as if the buggers are doing us a favor by their so-called efforts.

LOL !

There was such a lot of noise with everyone talking together that the place turned into a rumpus room.  No one could hear anyone!  .

LOL, LOL ......  I can imagine.

Your rebellion against the Quran only amounts to rebellion against your own soul which will hurt you immensely on a particular DAY.

Very correct.

Allah bless.  May Allah grant guidance to the thoughtless.

Ameen ya Allah.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 10:51:13 am »

Aw dear sis Ruhi, wonderfully explained.  But I'm sorry you had to go through that ruckus.  Are these monthly get-together talks only on the Quran?
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:46:18 am »

.....  Are these monthly get-together talks only on the Quran?

Nah sis, I wish.  Many times it's also on hadith.  They email the topic 2 weeks earlier.  I've told them I'm not interested in hadith so not to expect me for hadith discussions .. no point arguing with hadithists.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 09:21:08 am »

I see, and what was their reaction when ya told them you're not interested in hadith? Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: