Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 09:08:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Beast of the Earth (دابة الأرض Dabbat al-Arḍ)/ computer Or physical beast

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Beast of the Earth (دابة الأرض Dabbat al-Arḍ)/ computer Or physical beast  (Read 2277 times)
muslima

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:41:38 am »

salamem

Dear Sister’s & Brothers how are U guys ? i hope and pray everyone doing good by the will of Allah  Smiley

I Have a query along my view ,   i will be grateful  If you guys can help me out with feedbacks .

yesterday my friend's son asked me ! what does Quran say about the beast ? why the arabic word translated as Beast  ?  would  it be a real beast ,? is the computer can be a beast  ?  he has been told such stupid thing in his class , boys were working on computer ,they were talking about disbelievers and end of time etc ,one of the typical hadithist class fellow, who is already against his thinking to choose Quran Alone following told him this nonsense,tried to trap him class and asked him !

Do you believe on this beast because it does mentioned in Quran,do you believe it will be a real beast ? further he said ! as hadiths i believe on this talking beast , but i also have heard that some people say it is computer ? what do you know about it ?

Shocked Beast ?  well i was quite surprised ,I mean  is there any limit of such absolute nonsense ? would it be ever end i guess not  Sad

Quoted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_the_Earth

The Beast of the Earth (دابة الأرض Dabbat al-Arḍ), in Muslim belief, will be one of the signs of the coming of the Last Day. This creature will appear after the sun arises in the west. The phrase appears in the Qur'an, in Sura An-Naml. The term also appears in the hadith, which expands upon the activities of the beast. The Qur'an mentions that the Beast will address the unbelievers and admonish them for their lack of attention towards God. The following is the purport of the Qur'anic verse that has been discussed:
And when the Word is fulfilled against them (the unjust), we shall produce from the earth a beast to (face) them: He will speak to them, for that mankind did not believe with assurance in Our Signs.
Qur'an, sura 27 (An-Naml), ayat 82[1]
The Beast is mentioned to have the Staff of Moses and the Seal of Solomon. It will strike the face of the disbelievers with the staff; “He is destined for Hell” will be written on his forehead, and his face will blacken and it will brighten the face of the believer with the Ring of Solomon and “He is destined for Paradise” will be written on his forehead.[citation needed]
As it is seen, when the Beast emerges, people will start to believe, but belief will not be accepted anymore because of the emergence of the major signs.
In al-Qurtubi's book Tadhkirah, the beast is described:
Ibn Jurayj reported that Ibn al-Zubayr described the beast and said, "Its head is like the head of a bull, its eyes are like the eyes of a pig, its ears are like the ears of an elephant, its horns are like the horns of a stag, its neck is like the neck of an ostrich, its chest is like the chest of a lion, its color is like the colour of a tiger, its haunches are like the haunches of a cat, its tail is like the tail of a ram, and its legs are like the legs of a camel. Between each pair of its joints is a distance of twelve cubits."

Unquoted

Quran Tafsair Ibn Khatir   surah Namal 27:82  almost similar view as .wikipedia.

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2226&Itemid=83

The Emergence of the Beast of the Earth 

2nd !!    Angry

This gross distortions of the original Arabic  دَابَّةً as computer and creature , made of earthly material is come from  Rashad Khalifa  ! which says!

http://www.quranbrowser.org/quranbrowse.php

English Version Dr. Rashad Khalifa

27:82
At the right time, we will produce for them a creature, made of earthly materials, declaring that the people are not certain about our revelations.

It is the personal computer with the Internet providing contradictory information to unbelievers at the same time as they go on doubting or disbelieving the message of Allah.   

Shocked  ?

It does not make any sense at all  , because  "the root of the word "Da'aba" translated as the "creature", carries the meaning of moving -  it means "the creature that is moving" and computers are not moving. also arabic word Da'aba is not dab,ba (in urdu dab,ba / ڈبہ mean box )  lol

وَإِذَا وَقَعَ الْقَوْلُ عَلَيْهِمْ أَخْرَجْنَا لَهُمْ دَابَّةً مِنَ الْأَرْضِ  تُكَلِّمُهُمْ أَنَّ النَّاسَ كَانُوا بِآيَاتِنَا لَا يُوقِنُونَ

(27:82:7)
dābbatan
a creature

root dāl bā bā (د ب ب)

The Quran donates the word دَابَّةٍ  to all living beings on earth , Da'aba comes from the root word: Dal-Ba-Ba which means to go gently, crawl, creep or walk. The word captures whatsoever moves on the earth, especially that of animals - beasts of burden,  also the creatures are made of water. quadrupeds and any moving creature whether insects دیمک /Termite / Deemak verse 34:14 , birds or even Mankind and  these kind of water based, moving living creatures have been spread throughout the Universe , this ability to move is pointed in the meaning of the term 'Da'aba'.

وَاللَّهُ خَلَقَ كُلَّ دَابَّةٍ مِنْ مَاءٍ ۖ فَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَمْشِي عَلَىٰ بَطْنِهِ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَمْشِي عَلَىٰ رِجْلَيْنِ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَمْشِي عَلَىٰ أَرْبَعٍ ۚ يَخْلُقُ اللَّهُ مَا يَشَاءُ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

Sahih International 24:45

Allah has created every [living] creature from water. And of them are those that move on their bellies, and of them are those that walk on two legs, and of them are those that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills. Indeed, Allah is over all things

Pickthall
Allah hath created every animal of water. Of them is (a kind) that goeth upon its belly and (a kind) that goeth upon two legs and (a kind) that goeth upon four. Allah createth what He will. Lo! Allah is Able to do all things

وَمَا مِنْ دَابَّةٍ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَا طَائِرٍ يَطِيرُ بِجَنَاحَيْهِ إِلَّا أُمَمٌ أَمْثَالُكُمْ ۚ مَا فَرَّطْنَا فِي الْكِتَابِ مِنْ شَيْءٍ ۚ ثُمَّ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ يُحْشَرُونَ

[Pickthal 6:38] There is not an animal in the earth, nor a flying creature flying on two wings, but they are peoples like unto you. We have neglected nothing in the Book (of Our decrees). Then unto their Lord they will be gathered.

وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ  وَمَا بَثَّ فِيهِمَا مِنْ دَابَّةٍ ۚ وَهُوَ عَلَىٰ جَمْعِهِمْ إِذَا يَشَاءُ قَدِيرٌ

Sahih International  42:29

And of his signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and what He has dispersed throughout them of creatures. And He, for gathering them when He wills, is competent.

Pickthall
And of His portents is the creation of the heaven and the earth, and of whatever beasts He hath dispersed therein. And He is Able to gather them when He will.

Yusuf Ali
And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the living creatures that He has scattered through them: and He has power to gather them together when He wills.

Da'aba is also used to denote humans in the Quran (as opposed to insaan) when generally used in a negative sense.

(8:22:3)
l-dawābi
(of) the living creatures

Sahih International 8:22

Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are the deaf and dumb who do not use reason.

Pickthall
Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the deaf, the dumb, who have no sense.

وَلَوْ يُؤَاخِذُ اللَّهُ النَّاسَ بِمَا كَسَبُوا مَا تَرَكَ عَلَىٰ ظَهْرِهَا مِنْ دَابَّةٍ وَلَٰكِنْ يُؤَخِّرُهُمْ إِلَىٰ أَجَلٍ مُسَمًّى ۖ فَإِذَا جَاءَ أَجَلُهُمْ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِعِبَادِهِ بَصِيرًا

Sahih International  35:45

And if Allah were to impose blame on the people ( naas)  for what they have earned, He would not leave upon the earth any creature. But He defers them for a specified term. And when their time comes, then indeed Allah has ever been, of His servants, Seeing.

Pickthall
If Allah took mankind (nass) to task by that which they deserve, He would not leave a living creature on the surface of the earth; but He reprieveth them unto an appointed term, and when their term cometh - then verily (they will know that) Allah is ever Seer of His slaves

Yusuf Ali
If Allah were to punish men (naas) according to what they deserve. He would not leave on the back of the (earth) a single living creature: but He gives them respite for a stated Term: when their Term expires, verily Allah has in His sight all His Servants.

Above understanding does not support a modern interpretation (such as the one advanced by Rashad Khalifa) that the 'dabata-minal-ardi' (a creature from the earth) is a reference to a computer it is absolutely nonsense ..

Q: Now correction plz if am wrong here !  27:82 (part)

وَإِذَا وَقَعَ الْقَوْلُ عَلَيْهِمْ أَخْرَجْنَا لَهُمْ دَابَّةً مِنَ الْأَرْضِ تُكَلِّمُهُمْ أَنَّ النَّاسَ كَانُوا بِآيَاتِنَا لَا يُوقِنُونَ

Now focusing again the subject of the address of verse 27:82. Who is the word (Arabic : Qawlu)   , fulfilled  وَقَعَ   (it had  occurred ) (waqia hua / ho chuka , واقع ہوا,  ہو چکا   ,,  against ?   

27:82 (part)

And when the Word is fulfilled against them

Q: against who ?

Nor canst thou lead the blind out of their error. Thou canst make none to hear, save those who believe Our revelations and who have surrendered.   27:81

A:  in light of its previous verse (27:81),if we see the addressees are those who were present at the time of the Prophet (PBUH) but remained in error     right ?

then verse (27:83) which implies the Day of Judgment, then the addressees against whom the word is fulfilled refers to a people of the future ? 

Pickthall
And (remind them of) the Day when We shall gather out of every nation a host of those who denied Our revelations, and they will be set in array 27:83

وَإِذَا وَقَعَ الْقَوْلُ عَلَيْهِمْ أَخْرَجْنَا لَهُمْ دَابَّةً مِنَ الْأَرْضِ  تُكَلِّمُهُمْ أَنَّ النَّاسَ كَانُوا بِآيَاتِنَا لَا يُوقِنُونَ

waqaAAa al-qawlu AAalayhim 27:82 ( first part )

so  'creature of the earth’   دَابَّةً مِنَ الْأَرْضِ  , if referring to a human, would have negative connotations. As already noted in above verses  (8:22, 8:55, 35:45),  Quran mainly refers to humans as 'Da'aba' in a negative sense, this negative connotation is further supported by the Arabic 'waqa'al-qawlu alayhim' (the word is fulfilled against them) kaffar /disbelievers 

?

And We assigned them comrades (in the world), who made their present and their past fairseeming unto them. And the Word concerning nations of the jinn and humankind who passed away before them hath effect for them. Lo! they were ever losers 41:25

Thus Da'aba'  means creature but not necessarily a monster rather it can be interpreted as an evil living entity who will communicate to a person once they have disbelieved , this creature which can be a human, then leads the person to spiritual darkness by whispering and speaking to them ?? because evil whisperers exist in humankind (114:5-6) and the Quran often speaks about it ,

Pickthall 114:4

From the evil of the sneaking whisperer,

Yusuf Ali
From the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper),-

Pickthall114:5

Who whispereth in the hearts of mankind,

Yusuf Ali
(The same) who whispers into the hearts of Mankind,-

Right Or Wrong ?

also , human’s are too beast natured those who talk nonsense and misguide peopls , like in urdu it says !

tumarhe andar ka janwar bahar aagay hai  ,
 or
ye tum nahi tumhare andar ka janwar bol raha hai ? like that

I feel this horrible monster or beast misconception is a typical biblical idea , so I thought it would be better if i get some feedbacks before giving my opinion.

@ correct me if i am wrong any feedback would be very appreciated
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 09:28:08 am »

Walaikum As-Salam dear Sister Muslima.  Alhumdulilah I'm fine.  I pray the same for you, InshAllah.

Hadith has tons of stories on signs of the Last Day.  I think there is no need to mention that we do not accept any of those bizarre tales which are not supported by the Noble Quran. 

In regard to the stories about "the beast mentioned to have the Staff of Moses and the Seal of Solomon" .... I really don't know anything about such narrations.  All I know is that these have nothing to do with the Quran.

Rashid Khaifa's interpretation of Verse 27:82 implying that the computer is the beast or monster is of course laughable nonsense!  I never came across it before;  but I know he was very capable of such crazy bickerings through which he tried to dupe the public into thinking he was a rare thinker.  That's why we call him the modern-day Hadisist.

In Verse 27:82 of Surah An-Namal, in my opinion yes, Allah refers to a real beast or just an animal.  "Beast" simply means an animal or a creature or a lower animal, or a barbarian or a bad person etc., depending on the context used.  It's a very elementary expression, neither complicated nor unclear.   Verse 27:82 conveys the message that Allah can do everything, even make an animal speak which will be one of the portents of Allah on the Day of Questioning.  It also conveys that on that Day an animal will be called to testify to the Truth (the Final Message of Allah) upon which many humans did not have faith during earthly life. This will also be one of His portents.

Similarly in Verses 24:45 and 42:29 Allah refers to the many animals He has created and dispersed that live mortal lives on earth like humans.   

In Verse 8:22 the reference to humans as beasts carries a derogatory sense (in my opinion).  It's obviously an allusion to disbelievers who do not reflect on the Truth.  Although beasts (or animals) do believe in Allah, they are a lower species and thus, when humans are compared with them, it's not supposed to be complimentary for the human race.  Also, according to the study of bioscience, definition-wise humans can be classified as 'mammals' or the highest form of mammals.  So from that view point, they can be referred to as "beasts."  The exact perspective referred in Verse 8:22 is known to Allah only. 

Verse 35:45 is about humans.  It explains why many human violations & sins on earth go unpunished or in some cases earthly retribution comes after a long wait.  That's because there is an appointed or fixed time for everyone to face the consequences of their ill deeds.  Some will face it in this world, and some in the next.

All Verses carry different backdrops, circumstances, situations or contexts.  That needs to be understood in the study of each Verse, which can be achieved by focusing directly on the Verses we are reading keeping in view the principles & logical concepts of the Quran and our common sense.  While reading and interpreting the Quran it's absolutely essential to block our minds to the myths & ill-advises of misguiders and agent provocateurs otherwise confusion and befuddlement are unavoidable. 

The difference between the Quran and the Hadith is go so great that it's impossible to merge the two.  Moreover, the Quran is a Standalone Book.  One has to decide which one they want to choose - Quran or Hadith.  If one chooses the Quran then it's a waste of time listening to the unwarranted stories of Hadith, much less allowing them to perturb or confound us with our reading of the Quran.  Quran and Hadith are Haqq and batil, respectively.  When we are reading and concentrating on Haqq, we must not allow batil to interfere and interrupt us.  That will hamper with our understanding of Haqq, and this is how many people lose their grasp of guidance and slip onto misguidance.

Hope the feedback is helpful.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 07:44:39 am »

jazakAllah khair !

Bunch of thanks my dear sister Heba am very grateful to your feedback yes it is very helpful , very well explained , i understand  Allah bless U sis ameen.. i hope it will help the boys as well because he (friends son ) is the only one in class who's against hadith stories .

salam and peace to all Mv Members  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 12:14:46 pm »

You're welcomed sister.   Walaikum As-salam.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: