Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 19, 2024, 07:33:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Importance of Qaza salat ( قضاء )

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Importance of Qaza salat ( قضاء )  (Read 3818 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 01:49:04 pm »

Aw!  That's exactly what my husband does .. offers "sunnah" as nafl with the niyyat requesting Allah to accept that as adhering to the practice of the Prophet (pbuh) if he really said that many rakats as optional salat, otherwise to accept them simply as extra worship.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 01:51:04 pm »

Thumbsup Thumbsup We do precisely that .. and since quite some time now. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 04:33:31 pm »

To put it simply, the way I see it, Allah has instructed us to offer 5 salaats daily.  This means, we are to keep aside that much time for him everyday at specific hours.  If we miss those specific hours, the best we can do to catch up on our obligation it is to spend that much of our time with Allah afterwards. If we don't do this either, then imagine how much of our daily time which Allah is entitled to receive will be wasted.  Hence, after death, we go to the next world with a poorer record of our accounts, making it harder for us to answer His questions on the Day of Resurrection.   
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 04:39:20 pm »

EXACTLY said my Sis !!  This is about the most accurate summary highlighting the importance of Qaza salat.  We must try not to miss any of our salats.  But even if we sometimes do, our sense of commitment should be just as firm creating the desire and urgency to fulfill our pending obligation at the next and quickest possible time.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 04:42:14 pm »

Absolutely, that's what is vital - a strong sense of commitment towards this most important Duty.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2015, 02:31:39 am »

...   I always offer sunnah rakats with the niyyat of nafl.  The reason is simple.  To be honest, we cannot be sure if the number of sunnah rakats haven't been manipulated by the hadith.  Secondly, even if the count for "sunnah" rakats is correct, the Prophet (pbuh) during his lifetime must have definitely offered that as extra or nafl.  I feel absolutely sure the Prophet (pbuh) would NEVER offer them by uttering the word "sunnah."  There was no such thing as 'sunnah' during his time. The Prophet (pbuh) did not refer to his daily routine as 'sunnah.'  He directed everyone's attention only to the Quran because he borrowed his rules from the Quran.  Using the term 'sunnah' would amount to separating the Prophet's life from the Quran as two different things, which would be totally wrong and negate the purpose of the Message of Allah.  Needless to say, the Prophet (pbuh) would never ever do that.  The Prophet's (pbuh) responsibility was to demonstrate the Quran in practice, NOT Bukhari's worthless & ludicrous rules.

Plainly put, what these traditionalists today call 'sunnah' rakat is actually nafl or extra rakat.  That's it.

Was discussing this topic during the weekend with my cousin's wife who is a bit of a Hadithist.  She says that according to the same argument, how do you know if the number of fard rakats haven't been changed?   Are the fard rakats offered by us today really the same in number for all 5 prayers as offered by the Prophet (pbuh)?

I said that as far as I know, very likely the fard rakats are the same as I haven't come across any extra-Quranic contents wrangling on the number of fard rakats.  However, there might still be a small chance that it has been changed (or changed a little bit) by the Hadith.  So let's take a realistic look at this aspect.  The Prophet (pbuh) fixed a particular number of rakats for each of the 5 daily prayers.  Therefore if we are sure that those numbers have been lost, we would simply have to pick our own numbers for fard rakats and accordingly offer that many fard rakats each day.  Thus we might as well stick to the number of fard rakats fixed by tradition.  That really doesn't matter and nor can we do anything at this point.  If the original numbers are lost, then either we fix new numbers on our own or continue with the numbers given by others earlier.  The important thing is to continue offering our salat as stated and instructed in the Quran.  After all, the Quran does not mention the number of rakats, NOT because Allah wants us to follow the hadith but because the number of rakats can be decided at one's own disposition, as did the Prophet (pbuh).

And yes, the Noble Quran also mentions the method of salat which the Hadithists still don't know.  Does the Quran contain the procedure of salat?  Yes it does.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2015, 02:50:33 am »

MashAllah sister, your answer to that cousin's wife was very apt and fitting.  I would have said exactly the same. 

There's something which people keep forgetting and it's important to reiterate.  The term "sunnah" which has been used in the Quran is in a completely different context from what it alludes to in clerical circles.  In the Quran "sunnah" refers to the lifestyles of all Prophets who demonstrated obedience to the commandments of Allah as highlighted in all HIS original Messages.  Their obedience to the commandments of Allah has been confirmed by Him in the Quran, His Final Message.  This aspect is known as "sunnah" in the Quran.  In the Quran the term "sunnah" NEVER refers to any traditional stories attributed to any Prophet. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2015, 03:00:38 am »

Interesting and coherent, I must say.  I'll give every bit of thought to that.

Btw, in the hadith literature the term Qaza also carries an altogether different meaning.  I'll post that on the hadith board, InshAllah.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: