Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 18, 2024, 10:14:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

what quran says about dreams

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: what quran says about dreams  (Read 620 times)
abbuhafeez

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 03, 2015, 08:24:27 am »

Dreams are true or not if please give me quranic references about dreams .... in my opinion dreams are not true
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 03:42:05 pm »

As-salam Alaykum

Dreams apparently go both ways.

In Quran there have been some cases of real dreams.  The two most vivid ones that I recall are:

Surah 37:102, Prophet Ibraheem (pbuh) dreamed of the Divine Order to sacrifice his son, which was of course a test of Ibraheem's faith. "And when (his son) was old enough to walk with him, (Abraham) said: O my dear son, I have seen in a dream that I must sacrifice thee. So look, what thinkest thou ? He said: O my father! Do that which thou art commanded. Allah willing, thou shalt find me of the steadfast."  (37:102).

In Surah 12:4, Prophet Yusuf (pbuh) had a dream in which he saw "eleven planets and the sun and the moon, I saw them prostrating themselves unto me."  This is refers to a future event which happened several years later when Prophet Yusuf's father, mother and brothers traveled to Egypt to meet him. 

Dreams with an obvious link to reality can sometimes (I repeat sometimes) also be experienced by common people.  E.g. An uncle of mine mentioned he saw his sister, my aunt, in a dream briefly telling him something like a goodbye.  A couple of days later he got the news she passed away.  I've also heard a few similar stories from friends and acquaintances I know personally.  However, the number of random dreams compared to such precious ones are definitely much more.

I recall when I studied psychology in college, the text books said dreams have no connotations with reality.  But that's a secular view point.  As we know, scientific research in every field has its boundaries and it does not have the ability to practically encroach into the other realm nor to investigate the spiritual world.   Psychologists have also suggested that we generally dream of matters we find overwhelming or think of frequently.  However, this too is not always true.  My own personal experience tells me that most of my dreams are of places and persons that have not been on my mind for years until they suddenly pop up in a random and strange dream.

My simple conclusion would be, true dreams certainly do exist and false/garbled dreams also exist.  In majority of cases dreams are random.  But not always.   And whenever it has an obvious connection with reality, it is the will of Allah Almighty with a reason for which all praise be to Him.

Related post:
Dream and its concept in our Islamic Faith.
Sleep paralysis - is it connected to being possessed by jinn? 
Dream and its connection with reality - looking for a brief discourse on it. 

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 04:31:05 pm »

Also in Surah 12, Allah Almighty mentions of Prophet Yusuf's (pbuh) ability to interpret dreams.  This was definitely a special ability bestowed on him by Allah.   For common persons it's anything but easy to understand the meaning of dreams even if they aren't garbled.  Often those dreams connected with reality may not appear straightforward as a literal depiction of the reality.  We might see it in a winding or labyrinthine manner and understand its connotation months or years later as we go on with our lives.  Sometimes a dream might have an indirect link with reality and we might never understand that hidden meaning in earthly life. 

This point can be clarified further by citing the examples of the two verses referred by brother Truth Seeker.   Verse 37:102 is very direct.  Verse 12:4 which also alludes to reality, presents the truth symbolically rather than directly.  By reading Verses 12:4-5 (quoted below)

"When Joseph said unto his father: O my father! Lo! I saw in a dream eleven planets and the sun and the moon, I saw them prostrating themselves unto me.  He said: O my dear son! Tell not thy brethren of thy vision, lest they plot a plot against thee. Lo! Satan is for man an open foe."  (12:4-5).

It seems that since Prophet Yusuf was very young as this time, he did not clearly understand what it meant.  But his father, Prophet Yakub, understood it. 

And only Allah knows best.
Report Spam   Logged

abbuhafeez

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 03:35:02 am »

JazakAllah brother & sister ..........
Report Spam   Logged
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 08:50:25 am »

You're welcomed brother.