Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 29, 2024, 06:36:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Only Allah can be my Confidant

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Only Allah can be my Confidant  (Read 1267 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« on: April 29, 2015, 03:03:49 am »

BismEm

Ah!  How refreshing it feels to step into our lovely Prayer Room.  I've come here after pretty long but that doesn't mean I haven't been in need of dua Smiley  Who doesn't need dua?  And tonight I have a lovely supplication to share with you folks. 

"Qaala  innama  ashku  bathi  wahuzni  ila Ilahi' " (V.12:86) Surah Yusuf.

"He said, 'Only I complain (of) my suffering and my grief to Allah ' " (Corpus Quran word by word translation).

"He said: 'I expose my distress and anguish only unto Allah,' "  (Pickthall translation).

This is a tremendous dua (supplication) straight from the Noble Quran, Verse 12:86, where The Almighty quotes the prayer of Prophet Jacob (Yakob) (pbuh), when Jacob was in the depth of his grief after losing his young son Prophet Joseph (Yusuf), and then also getting the bad news of Joseph's younger brother being held back in Egypt.  To learn the complete facts, read Surah 12 (Yusuf).  What makes this Surah different is that the entire Chapter deals with a single subject, that is, the story of Prophet Yusuf (pbuh) - the son of Prophet Yakob (pbuh).  If you're fortunate enough to be well versed in literary Arabic, you will find the manner of narration, its eloquence and its vivid style of articulation absolutely mesmerizing that cannot be expressed half as beautifully even in the best of translations.

Needless to say, the depth of a father's grief on losing two of his beloved children is inexplicable. 

At all times, humans have experienced hardships in life often followed by sadness or simply emotional lows that engulf them in seemingly insurmountable misery and the psychological trauma can be so severe that it often robs them of the incentive to live.  What deepens the stress is the futility to confide in others ensuing from the lack of human ability or desire to understand the grief of their fellow humans.  In all such cases handling one's grief becomes infinitely simpler for a believer with firm Faith in Allah Almighty alone.  You sit down to offer your daily prayers.  When you finish, you supplicate and pour out your heart to Allah only.  You can speak to HIM as openly as you like.  Ask HIM for forgiveness, ask for guidance, beg for perseverance, implore HIM to intervene in your life and lighten the cruel pressures of the unjust world.  You can be one hundred percent sure HE is listening and HE will act the way He considers best for you and at a time HE knows would be most appropriate for you.  Contrary to this, an aggrieved person with no faith has nowhere to go other than disinterested fellow human beings and gossip mongers.  Even their closest family members or best friends will not have the permanent patience anywhere close to the Patience of Allah.  Rest assured about that.

Your permanent Confidant can only be ALLAH, Who will never tire of you no matter how often you trouble HIM, pester HIM endlessly, with your tears and requests.

I have memorize the original Arabic and also its translation, so I understand my supplication when I speak to Allah.  If you like, you can start memorizing it from the word "innama" for your personal dua or supplication, because "Qaala" (He said) refers to Prophet Yakob as Allah is quoting him in this Verse.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 03:55:07 am »

This is just so beautiful.  Thanks again and again dear Sister Ruhi.  Like so many other Quranic lines, this also has been one of those too close to my heart.  It's so very true and real.  Regardless of one's surroundings and family or social circle, when stricken with sadness and grief, you eventually have to turn to Allah otherwise sooner or later you will feel abandoned.  The world will never have the patience to cope with your tears till the end.  Only Allah takes care of that. 

I hadn't memorized it yet.  But just now I wrote it down and InshAllah will memorize it and recite it daily with all my other Quranic zikrs.

Thanks again Sister.   Allah bless you and your family.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 03:58:08 am »

I think I'll start with "innama" as you rightly suggested as personal supplication.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 04:27:35 am »

Your most welcomed my dear Sister Zeynab.  Nothing as special as a Quranic dua - a real balm for the heart & mind - and yes, this one is so factual, because sadness and emotional stress follows even the happiest among us like a shadow in this tough earthly world.  The ONLY Patient Listener and Intelligent Helper is ALLAH alone. 

Yes Sister, you can start memorizing it from "innama."  That would be fine.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 04:45:40 am »

Superbly comforting dua.  I memorized this long ago and its one of my best medicines along with my other Quranic supplications.   During good times one may find many friends.  But during hard times and grief, you would be awfully lucky to find someone who might be genuinely interested to listen to you for the sake of lightening your burden. They either might listen to you as a formality which wouldn't be more than once or twice.  Or, they may listen to you with inquisitive ears for the purpose of chatting over your problems with others as a pastime - the gossip mongers' club Smiley  No sooner than you've confided in any such person, you realize that your story is going around like a script of a Misri Bunch series Grin   Therefore, my earnest suggestion to all, never advertise your problems even to what seems as "good friends."   Confiding in parents and siblings is fine.  However, they are not all-powerful and their abilities to help you are limited and neither do they know the future so they cannot assess perfectly what aspects may or may not be in your interest.  Only Allah Almighty can know such matters.  And of course, like Sister Ruhi stated right on, though our parents and siblings will be patient with us, their patience can never be comparable with the boundless patience of Allah.

Thank you Sister.  As-salam Alaykum wr br.   
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 04:58:12 am »

I couldn't agree on that more dear brother TS.  Unfortunately many Muslims still don't know the difference between pouring our their hearts to Allah and pouring them out to their fellow human beings.  Of course, confiding in our immediate family is an important  responsibility according to the ethics of our lovely Faith.  But compared to the necessity of confiding in Allah, we fulfill only a small part of our responsibility if we only confide in our family.  Confiding in family helps only if we continuously confide and interact with Allah over every bit of our problems. 

And yeah, the gossip mongers club  Cheesy   The lesser we have to do with it, the better!  They make up the den where each bit of your bad news is good news for them and vice-versa.  Unfortunately the human society is bubbling with such buggers and most of our so-called Muslim sisters & brothers are no exceptions.

Walaikum As-Salam brother TS.  Allah bless.

And Sister Zeynab, dear Sister, may Allah bless you and your family too.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 05:01:17 am »

Of course, confiding in our immediate family is an important  responsibility according to the ethics of our lovely Faith.  But compared to the necessity of confiding in Allah, we fulfill only a small part of our responsibility if we only confide in our family.  Confiding in family helps only if we continuously confide and interact with Allah over every bit of our problems. 

Very wisely perceived indeed.  That's exactly the way it should be.

And yeah, the gossip mongers club  Cheesy   The lesser we have to do with it, the better!  They make up the den where each bit of your bad news is good news for them and vice-versa.  Unfortunately the human society is bubbling with such buggers and most of our so-called Muslim sisters & brothers are no exceptions.

Thumbsup Thumbsup Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 03:18:08 am »

Aw!  I absolutely love this gorgeous du'a, Sis.  Recite it everyday.  Ameen.  Once you grasp the importance of this du'a and truly follow it, it makes you feel so free .... like you've at last removed the fetters of earthly slavery by getting rid of emotional dependency on other human beings.  Of course, our parents are lovely, Alhumdulilah and we always confide in them and ask them for advise.  But as you rightly stated, confiding in Allah is the first step.  Furthermore, parents don't know the future and hence it's not easy for them to know what is really good for us.  Neither are they all-powerful nor do any parents or siblings live forever nor will we.  Nothing as beautiful as total dependency on Allah alone.

Many thanks dear Sis.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: