Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 07:22:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The presumption of kids perceiving facts yet unseen

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The presumption of kids perceiving facts yet unseen  (Read 1055 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 26, 2016, 01:09:11 am »

As-salam Alayum all Smiley

Let me share this .....

A weird living room conversation popped up a month ago when we were invited at my sister's home for dinner.  It was a small gathering of 8 or 9 of us as we enjoyed our coffee and dessert after a sumptuous meal.  The rest comprised of all our kids watching Misri Bunch kinda series at the den.  It began with the conversation of jinn and the facts contained about them in the Noble Quran.  Fine until here.

Then someone asked if children below age 8 and animals could see jinn or sense any forthcoming dangers.  Talking on aspects like these, people often drift from concept to concept, mentioning points not warranted in the Noble Quran.  So I was silent, just kept listening to those folks.  In the midst of it, a relative of ours narrated a strange incident in her life.  It happened 11 years ago when she had a 4-year-old son who is now 15.  Back at that time the lady was pregnant with her second (or probably third) baby.  The 4-year-old boy requested his mother to play with him in their yard.  The father politely explained that mommy had a baby in her tummy and would InshAllah play after the baby was born but not now.  The little boy looked a bit confused and said "but that baby won't awake, it's dead."  The parents lovingly explained to the little child not to say such things as that unborn baby was his future sibling.  The little boy listened with a blank look but didn't say anything and the matter was closed.  Three or four days later the lady developed some medical issues related to her pregnancy and was taken to the emergency.  She spent several hours there when it was discovered that the fetus was dead.

Those who were claiming little kids can see jinn and sense future dangers jumped at this story, like, "I told you so" kind of attitude.  Anyhow, it was a nice evening but I never commented, we just listened.  Around 11 p.m. my husband, kids and me returned to our apartment (which is across the hallway in the same building ... lucky we!!  Grin).

A week later I told this bit to Nissmi (my niece), and she said she had read an almost identical story at Reddit where a lady's 3-year-old daughter made a similar random comment on her pregnant aunt that came true a day or two later.

Frankly in my opinion, I am sure the accuracy of the comment was a fluke.  Young children and toddlers maybe able to see the jinn but not the facts of life that haven't yet happened.  That's like saying kids can predict the future.  They surely cannot.  No one knows the future except Allah Almighty.

I have heard that animals can sense oncoming natural disasters like earthquakes.  Only Allah Almighty would know the truth about this. 

My purpose of putting this up is to tell people not to get carried away by such stories.

Your opinion would be interesting to read.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 01:48:53 am »

Around 11 p.m. my husband, kids and me returned to our apartment (which is across the hallway in the same building ... lucky we!!  Grin).

Indeed !!  Grin Thumbsup Thumbsup   That must be so convenient .. ha !!?

Walaikum Salam dear sis!   Coming to the interesting topic you share. 

You're right.  I too don't believe that such stuff happen.  Such a concept is generally unwarranted from the Quranic view point.  Comments from little children and toddlers seldom mean the way they sound.  Needless to say, no one - child nor adult - possesses supernatural abilities.  Allah Almighty had only granted by His will the ability to work certain miracles to a selected number of His Prophets and that's all. 

It's not at all unusual for kids, particularly below age 6 or 7, so say creepy stuff.  Kids don't just talk funny, they can also talk strange or weird based on their own kid logic they view in their immature minds that are in the process of growing.  That 4-year-old may have perceived the aspect of being unborn as absence from this world and thus equated it with "dead."  Little kids within their little minds often make connections in black & white.  The condition of death or mortality may not necessarily mean a person falling dead before their eyes.  According to the interpretation of their little brains, it could mean anyone who isn't present to be seen and known.  And of course, her mother's medical problem a day or two later diagnosing a dead fetus was definitely a co-incidence.  Though co-incidents aren't everyday occurrences but they aren't unheard of either.  They do happen every now and then.  And such a thing as described by that lady can surely happen by chance, not at all impossible.  In fact, its possibility is far more than the ignorant presumption of kids having supernatural abilities.

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 02:00:34 am »

Kids have their own vocabulary which may sound like ours but aren't meant to convey the same meaning to them inside their tiny heads.  They may say something which could sound quite straight forward and similar to what an adult may tell you.  But in the mind of that little child their comment may carry a completely different idea, peculiar to their own understanding of matters.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:01:46 am »

Precisely ...!
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 02:08:32 am »

Heba, Br.TS, so correct.  After all he was only a 4-year-old.  The stage of being unborn was perceived by him as dead or sleeping.  It's also possible that when he said "the baby won't awake, it's dead"  he may have meant that it won't wake up cause it's fast asleep.

I recall, when my nephew was a toddler he would always use the word "evening" to express "tomorrow."  Many times after lunch or dinner we would ask him if he would like fruits or dessert, and if he wasn't in the mood for it, he would say "no, I'll have it in the evening."  That didn't literally mean "evening."  It simply meant next day or any time later on.  Just an example to show the vocabulary of kids that's only understood by them and is often warped from our perspective.

Such incidents may happen, in that, kids can say such things.  But they can be analyzed, unraveled and explained.  They aren't inexplicable.

And of course only Allah knows the final truth.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 02:11:08 am »

@

I recall, when my nephew was a toddler he would always use the word "evening" to express "tomorrow."  Many times after lunch or dinner we would ask him if he would like fruits or dessert, and if he wasn't in the mood for it, he would say "no, I'll have it in the evening."  That didn't literally mean "evening."  It simply meant next day or any time later on. 

How cute.  This is so common with kids and it greatly explains this issue.  When one of my daughters was between the ages of 2 and 6 (she's now 10 and very rational) she would say "my body feels scratchy" whenever she would feel warm in summer months.  Thus, scratchy or itchy = warm and stuffy feeling.   It took us a while to grasp that "code" and "de-code" it correctly Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 02:14:19 am »

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 02:16:40 am »

lol, yes that's the way it is with children at that age.

Btw the parents of the boy who is now 15 should ask him if he remembers what he said.  If he does, then let him say what was going on in his mind or what he felt when he said that.  Most likely he will say he doesn't recall saying it.  That should be sufficient proof of the fact that he said it off the bat - the kid language - otherwise if it really had to do with any supernatural abilities then one should to expected to recall significant events or words spoken concerning it, regardless of age.   That's what common sense tells me.   And Allah-o-Alim.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 02:17:38 am »

Very thoughtful point.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 02:19:56 am »

Yes, she said they did ask him several times about it from the time he was 12 until 14 or so.  And yeh, that's exactly what he replied, that he recalls saying no such thing Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 02:21:07 am »

There you are!  It was just kiddish talk which wasn't supposed to be interpreted literally from my point of view  Grin

And only Allah knows best.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 02:23:45 am »

hmmm  Smiley   Many thanks sisters and brother for the perfectly rational points you folks expressed.   Very illuminating and highly appreciated.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 02:30:26 am »

Your most welcomed sister.

My purpose of putting this up is to tell people not to get carried away by such stories.

Very good reminder.  Alhumdulilah.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 02:31:52 am »

Very welcomed sister and thank you for sharing it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: