Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 29, 2024, 12:41:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

"Fitnah of the grave" - Beware! False Hadith concept

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: "Fitnah of the grave" - Beware! False Hadith concept  (Read 1135 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 01, 2016, 02:15:04 am »

As-Salam Alaikum everyone.

Is the body of pious believers preserved in the physical grave?

I'm specifically addressing this to our Muslim guest readers because this is a widespread misconception that needs to be exposed logically and rejected. 

The traditional belief of Hadithists called "Fitnah of the grave" claims that a pious or righteous person's body after death is "completely saved from all stages of decomposition."  It goes further to claim that their bodies and their graves emit a beautiful fragrance of flowers or musk;  and soon after death there is often an expression of a smile on their faces, indicating their happiness in the next world.   Needless to say, this theory is purely mythical and is completely unwarranted by the Quran.

Here are the FORGED sources of this grossly false concept which amounts to accusing the Prophet (pbuh) of being a careless storyteller by saying things the Quran never says.

(1)  The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Verily, Allah has forbidden the Earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets.” (Sunan Abî Dâwûd (1047), Sunan al-Nasâ’î (1374), and Sunan Ibn Mâjah (1636).)

(2)  The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The Prophets are alive in their graves, and pray… On the night of the Isra (Night Journey), I passed by Moosaa (who was) standing in his grave and praying.” (Sahih Muslim) - they didn't mention the reference particulars of this hadith.

(3)  Then, there's a false hadith story in which someone by the name of Ibn Abd al-Barr constructs a forgery about the Prophet (pbuh).  This man claims that the Prophet (pbuh) said “Verily, Allah has forbidden the Earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets.”  According to the sheikhs and ulemas, this also includes martyrs.  The liar Abd al-Barr goes on with his story claiming the Caliph Mu`âwiyah wanted to cause the spring at the base of Mount Uhud to flow. The Caliph, therefore, ordered a public statement to be made that those who had a deceased relative in the vicinity should undertake to exhume his body and relocate it. Jâbir was one of those who went forth to exhume the bodies. He said:“We went forth and exhumed the bodies, finding them fresh and flexible…When a spade struck the finger of one of the bodies, drops of blood issued forth.” Az-Zarqânî comments that this event took place forty years after the Battle of Uhud.
This paragraph has been taken from the website "IdealMuslimah" - 'Some bodies which don't decompose' .. authored by some sickeningly moronic Hadithist.

You will come across many fibs and stories based on this Hadith tale woven by medieval imams and sheikhs and also from modern traditional sources.  Each such story will have its own frills and laces to adorn itself in the eyes of the naive and foolish.

In their attempt to make this notion justifiable, they have randomly cited Verse 3:169 as an evidence, claiming that it refers to the concept of fitnah of the grave. I quote Verse 3:169 below:

"Think not of those, who are slain in the way of Allah, as dead. Nay, they are living. With their Rab they have provision."  (3:169) Surah Al-Imraan.

Will someone ask these manipulative and crazy Hadithists that how the heck do they see Verse 3:169 as an allusion to fitnah in the grave?   This Verse simply mentions about martyrs who have a huge reward with plenty of peace and happiness with Allah in the next world, NOT in the physical grave.  One does not need to be a genius to understand that Verse 3:169 is NOT referring to the physical grave of mud and soil.  Again, no need to mention, Verse 3:169 has absolutely NOTHING to do with any such idea as fitnah in the grave.

Expression of smile on the face of a dead person (even if it's a martyr) is no proof of anything.  When a person dies facial expressions can be of many kinds, sometimes a smiley look, sometimes a sad look, usually expressionless.  It's insignificant and doesn't indicate anything.  Tell me, where does the Noble Quran say that a smile on a dead face is a sign of righteousness?  And where does the Quran say, or even hint, that the soil of their graves will be reeking of perfume and their bodies will never decompose?   As Muslims who take our values from the Quran, aren't we supposed to accept that the mortal earthly body left on earth without the soul has no relevance?  The Noble Quran simply confirms that Allah keeps the soul (refer Verse 39:42).  Allah also confirms that knowledge about the soul is a matter of the unseen which He has not bestowed on us (refer Verse 17:85).  Verse 3:169 confirms the high status of martyrs and their infinite reward, the details of which are known to Allah only.

It's imperative that traditionalists refrain from this very bad habit of weaving their own tales.  Allah has forbidden to say things about Him of which we have no knowledge (refer Verse 7:33).  Then again Allah confirms in Verse 17:36 "(O man), follow not that whereof thou hast no knowledge. Lo! the hearing and the sight and the heart - of each of these it will be asked"  Allah Almighty has categorically ordered the Prophet (pbuh) to strictly follow the Quran and not the whims of the ignorant (refer Verse 45:18).

This lie about fitnah in the grave is also trumpeted by some revert Muslims.  Unfortunately several non-Muslims in the West who desire to revert to Islam are actually not reverting to Islam but to the ideologies of their sheikhs and 'scholars' whose lectures they hear day in and day out.  Whatever they say is law to those poor new reverts, and just as their brains were washed by their priests prior to reversion, their brains continue to be similarly washed by our sheikhs after reversion with these nonsensical myths.

According to every bit of Quranic information, nothing goes on in the physical grave.  There are many Muslims who die in unusual circumstances when their bodies cannot be found and thus they don't have a grave.  But their souls are with Allah and Allah knows how to dispose of the body.  The idea of occurrences in the grave arises from pagan beliefs.  Kindly also read our post Hadith on punishments in the grave where this aspect has been discussed.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:54:01 pm »

Walaikum Salaam and many thanks for warning everyone of this falsehood, Sister Heba.  I knew of the hadiths on punishment of the grave but frankly I didn't know of this one, grave of pious people smelling of musk and scents.  It seems to be an extension of the grave punishment story with an opposite twist.  Just a few days ago I read a similar fabrication on Facebook written apparently by a revert that in Saudi Arabia recently a 30-year-old grave was found reeking of the fragrance of musk and when exhumed the body was found intact the shroud was just as fresh as day one.    I recalled it as soon as I read your post and now I know that person was trying to propagate the same myth coming from these ahadith. 

Here's the story.

May we seek refuge in Allah Almighty from the folklore many of our brethren are busy weaving in complete disregard to the principles of the Noble Quran.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 08:07:01 pm »

Walaykum As-salam and thank you from me too Sister Heba.  This fitnah of grave is quite a popular folklore and yes, it sort of goes hand in hand with punishment in the grave.  One is about pleasure in the grave and other about suffering in the grave.  Both are about activities in the earthly physical grave not warranted by the Quran.  The notion is certainly borrowed from pagan ideas nurtured by Bukhar & co. synonymous with pagan customs of pyramids etc.

Recently I was reading a blog which quoted the example of some so-called Salafist "jihadist" that when he was killed his body was found with a "smile."  I ask, so what?  Face and body without the soul can acquire changes and also distortions.  That really means nothing.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 08:08:42 pm »

Exactly brother TS ....
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 01:45:12 am »

You know, there's this guy called Al-Qurtubee, some medieval "scholar."  This shaitaan is a very clever manipulator who preaches what his own circle never practices.  The worst part of this man's babbling is that he tries to make sincere believers and readers of the Noble Quran who make effort to understand it, seem bad only to intellectually terrorize them so that they stop accessing the Quran on their own and start depending on the clerics aka "ulemas" and "scholars" who can feed them with wrong tafsirs borrowed from the hadith tales. In IqraSense website there is an article titled "Speaking about Allah without knowledge" written by Jamal Zarabozo  where he quotes Qurtubee as follows: "people who use conjecture when reading the Quran, and say things such as “my heart tells me,” or “what comes to mind,” and so forth."  According to Qurtubee this amounts to speaking about Allah without knowledge.

As for allegorical Verses of the Quran, Allah has said only HE knows their final interpretation (ref.3:7).  At the same time Allah encourages believers from trying to understand through their own analysis as long as they don't universalize any particular tafsir.  This is something which only the sheikhs and "scholars" do;  they just will not accept anyone else's interpretation after they have stated theirs which is almost always very blatantly wrong coming from Hadith and other bullshitted fictions.  Allah says in Verse 17:84 "And, Each one does according to his rule of conduct, and your Rab is best aware of him whose way is right."  This Verse makes it perfectly clear that as long as we interpret what we read with sincerity on the basis of conscientious ethics & morals and not with selfish motives, we have the entitlement to conclude or think of a possible interpretation, and only Allah knows to what extent each person's vision is correct.

These idiots are only trying to make concessions for themselves .. trying to scare people so that everyone will give up reading and trying to understand the Quran and will surrender to those buggers who have a heyday misinterpreting the Quran on the basis of false ahadith and consequently misguiding people to the maximum. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 02:08:09 am »

Couldn't agree more Sister Heba.  These people are really vile and wily.  Their precise intent is making sincere lovers of the Quran who want to read, reflect and grasp, look like liars while they, themselves, go on with one ridiculous misinterpretation after another based on the basest and most false ahadith.  The idea is to scare people from reading the Quran by using that empty outwardly bombastic word, "methodology," so the naive folks will think only those crooks in sheep's clothing are the "methodology" experts who can never be wrong and are thus entitled to read and explain the Quran.  These brats need a good spanking, honestly ....
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 02:16:04 am »

I read that article sometime back.  I just searched it in google and found it.  And that reminds me, Sister Zeynab, there was another paragraph in it that astonished me which was the view of the author Jamal Zarabozo.  Let me quote this jackhole:

"When one attempts to explain a verse from the Quran without having the proper knowledge or methodology, one might be actually following ones hawaa (desires), might be following an inspiration from the Shaytaan, or might be following dhann (conjecture). Rarely, one might actually be following some kind of inspiration from Allah (SWT) (and only Allah subhanaho wa ta’ala (SWT) knows best.  So, saying that Allah (SWT) probably means such and such in a specific verse is akin to speaking or saying something on behalf of Allah (SWT), and such opinions based on superficial knowledge (‘ilm) are one of the greatest sins that one could commit."
Unquote

Excuse me folks, now I'm really getting hyped.  Just read the above paragraph again.  This spiritual criminal Zarabozo who is himself intoxicated by the inspiration of Shaitaan is attempting his best to block everyone from gaining access and recourse to the Quran by talking the sort of disgraceful humbug he writes.  Then the man claims "saying that Allah (SWT) probably means such and such in a specific verse is akin to speaking or saying on behalf of Allah (SWT)," ... What??   Has this criminal completely lost his mind?  Oh no, he is trying to stop us from reading the Quran which is always their dream goal because if we start reading the Quran on our own, it will be a huge barrier for them to promote their lies and they'll be out of business.  When you use the word "probably," that itself indicates perhaps or maybe, that you simply think such and such might be the meaning of a certain Verse.  It's your personal opinion the way you see it based on  your conscientious perception NOT your "hawaa or desires."  Hawaa or desires is the hallmark of the bloody clerics and their disciples, and Zarabozo is dumping his own guilt on the innocent.  InshAllah, Allah will deal with these pharisees and conniving plaster-saint devils.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 09:23:47 pm »

They make it so obvious that they frantically want to dissuade Muslims from reading the Quran on their own, don't they?  .... so he's trying to make that look like a violation.  I had read one hadith of Tirmidhi a few years ago, I cannot find it now, which actually stated to the effect that reading the Quran on your own is an act of disobedience.  May Allah burn that narrator and compiler in Hellfire.   They'll be in for a tough time on the Day of Judgement for such enormous lies plus preaching what they don't practice themselves. They keep threatening others not to speak falsely about Allah but never heed it themselves.  Someone should ask Zarabozo that when he and his comrades weave folklore about dramas in the grave, how "akin" is that to speaking falsely about the Laws of Allah?
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 09:41:47 pm »

Thank you Sister Heba and thanks for the comments too.  I'm also so sick of those inside-grave stories from hadith.  As explained in our post on punishments in the grave, this notion arrives from pagan values who thought / think that in the grave human life and needs are the same as in this world. 

In the following Verses of the Noble Quran, Allah is clearly referring to people similar to the Hadith narrators and compilers both of whom indulged in massive fraud and forgeries.  And Allah also clarifies that if the Prophet had ever deviated from the Truth and invented something of his own, The Almighty would punish him severely.  Of course the Prophet (pbuh) never deviated.  But later on, so many villains propped up that they began inventing deviated stories using the Prophet's name.  These story-tellers hardly realize the magnitude of their sins. 

"And they indeed strove hard to beguile thee (Muhammad) away from that wherewith We have inspired thee, that thou shouldst invent other than it against Us; and then would they have accepted thee as a friend.

And if We had not made thee wholly firm thou mightest almost have inclined unto them a little.

Then had we made thee taste a double (punishment) of living and a double (punishment) of dying, then hadst thou found no helper against Us." (17:73-75)  Surah Al-Isra. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 09:47:59 pm »

Agree with you 101% brother TS.  Those Verses you quoted are just great and that's exactly the type of people who began flooding our Ummah soon after the passing of the Prophet (pbuh) until today and they have systematically ruined Islam.  But they will NEVER be able to change the Noble Quran.  All praise to The Almighty, The One and Only, The Greatest.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 09:49:26 pm »

Yes Sister.  All thanks to Allah The Almighty.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: