Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 06:12:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Who was the first person to build the Kaa'ba - Abraham or Adam?

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Who was the first person to build the Kaa'ba - Abraham or Adam?  (Read 1224 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:06:18 am »

BismEm

As-salam Alaikum to all.

In the Noble Quran it is stated clearly, simply and to the point that Prophet Abraham and his son Ishmael built the Kaa'ba in Makkah.  But the nonconformist Ibn Kathir refutes the Quranic confirmation and mentions two interpolations concerning the origin of the Kaaba.  Ibn Kathir falsely claims that much prior to the period of Prophet Abraham and even before the creation of man, the spot of the Kaaba was a place of worship for angels.    Later (according to Kathir), a place of worship was built on that location by Adam which was destroyed during the flood in Noah's time, even though except Allah no one knows the location of Noah's flood, yet Ibn Kathir (the mr. knowall) seems to know everything. Of course, Ibn Kathir has never mentioned any reasons for his bizarre presumptions that are not supported by the Quran. For this reason, all traditional Hadithists claim Kaaba was first built by Adam and thus they have made the Quranic confirmation on Abraham as secondary information.  Allah will deal with these kuffaar and their so-called mentors.  InshAllah.

The three most important Verses of the Quran that confirm Prophet Abraham and his son Ishmael were the first ones who built the Kaa'ba are as follows:

"And when We made the House (at Makka) a resort for mankind and sanctuary, (saying): Take as your place of worship the place where Abraham stood (to pray). And We imposed a duty upon Abraham and Ishmael, (saying): Purify My house for those who go around and those who meditate therein and those who bow down and prostrate themselves (in worship)." (2:125).

"And when Abraham and Ishmael were raising the foundations of the House, (Abraham prayed): Our Rab! Accept from us (this duty). Indeed! You, only You, are the Hearer, the Knower."  (2:127).

"And (remember) when We prepared for Abraham the place of the (holy) House, saying: Ascribe thou no thing as partner unto Me, and purify My House for those who make the round (thereof) and those who stand and those who bow and make prostration."  (22:26).

The expression "raising the foundations" (2:127) refers to starting the construction of a structure from scratch.  That is sufficient evidence to convey that there was no prior construction on that spot and the ground beneath was clear of obstructions from any previous foundations.

So simple as that.  Yet, if you try to search for this simple Quranic information on who built the Kaaba, the traditional Ibn Kathir adoring-mullahs will take you on such a detour far outside the Quran, rambling and prattling, wavering off-topic and picking on aspects that have not even been remotely hinted in the Quran.  All  this is done to defend the interpolation of Ibn Kathir which contradicts the Quran claiming it was Adam who preceded Abraham in the construction of the Kaaba. Consequently, our traditional Hadithists also stray onto the altered Old and New Testaments to pick huge bits and pieces of their stories.  Thus, you will find, 99.9% of their contents are from extra-Quranic sources.  It makes the interpolation package really grotesque!

Even though the Noble Quran has clearly asserted that the Kaa'ba was built by Prophet Abraham and his son, with absolutely NO evidence that any place of worship was ever erected on that spot earlier .. Hadithist site Islam-City is one of those many that has tried to justify the unsupported presumption of Ibn Kathir.

Quoting an excerpt from Islam-City:

QUOTE --
"... this by no means contradicts the belief that the foundations of the Ka’bah were laid the moment God created the universe, due to which Ibrahim’s and Isma’il’s task of building was described as “raising the foundations of the House” (al-Baqarah, 2:127) after its site had been shown or assigned to them (al-Hajj, 22:26). This is so because the foundations of the Ka’bah might have existed before Ibrahim only conceptually — plus the Mosque’s exact site — to which Ibrahim later gave a physical form. Or, the physical foundations of the Ka’bah did indeed exist before Ibrahim, but Ibrahim made use of building materials from the Hira’ (Nur) hill for other at once necessary and supplementary foundation works before the actual structure could be raised or built. ....

Ibrahim used to live in the Sham region. .... Ibrahim was accompanied by the angel Jibril. Jibril acted as a guide to the location and exact parameters of Makkah as a sanctuary and to the site of the Ka’bah. Ibrahim was not immediately asked to build the Ka’bah, nor was he shown its foundations. That happened during one of his subsequent visits to the place from Sham, most probably during his third visit. When he was commanded to travel to Makkah to settle his wife Hajar and toddler son Ismail there, and to be shown the veiled site of the Ka’bah .. Before leaving Makkah for Sham, Ibrahim, following a divine counsel from Jibril, lodged his wife and son in a shelter in an area adjacent to the very location of the Ka’bah. Ibrahim himself said about it in one of his supplications that it was a place “near or by Your Sacred House"  (V.14:37).

UNQUOTE --

The above excerpt provides direct evidence on how much Islam-City has deviated from the Quran, picking information from extra-Quranic sources.  Anyone with two brain cells to rub can catch the flood of guesswork Islam-City has pumped inside the above two paragraphs.  Needless to say, NONW of the details narrated by Islam-City is confirmed by the Quran.  On top of that, the website has the audacity to claim that Verse 14:37 corresponds to its fabricated story.  This is the limit of impertinence and unscrupulousness by our mainstream traditional Hadithists.  With such a mean skull cage for accommodating imagination and fabrications, it shouldn't be difficult for anyone to construct any story to uphold their interpolations that cannot stand on their own without the assistance of guesswork.

Let me quote Verse 14:37.

"Our Rab! Indeed! I have settled some of my posterity in an uncultivable valley near unto Your holy House, our Rab! that they may establish proper worship; so incline some hearts of men that they may yearn toward them, and provide Thou them with fruits in order that they may be thankful."  (14:37).

As you can discern yourself, the Quran gives us NO reasons to link even a single word of Islam-City's stories with Verse 14:37. In this Verse Prophet Abraham is confirming that he settled his family in Makkah region.  The Verse consists of Abraham's prayer to Allah to guide the people to Monotheism (Tawheed) which is the only proper way of worship and to bless the guided ones.  In preceding Verses 14:35-36, quote: "And when Abraham said: My Rab! Make safe this territory, and preserve me and my sons from serving idols. My Rab! Indeed! they have led many of mankind astray. But whoso follows me, he verily is of me. And whoso disobeys me - Still You are Forgiving, Merciful"  The expression "this territory" may refer to  Abraham's presence in Makkah or it may also refer to somewhere close to Makkah in the surrounding area.  But most likely it's Makkah because the Quran already confirmed in Verse 2:127 that Prophet Abraham and his son Ishmael had built the Kaaba in Makkah.  It is also quite obvious that Verses 35, 36 and 37 of Surah 14 refer to a period after the construction of the Kaaba by Prophet Abraham.  Islam-City's complicated speculations are misguiding and needless.

Furthermore, just for the information of our readers, according to a false hadith by Sahih Muslim, the Prophet (pbuh) supposedly wanted to demolish the Kaaba and rebuild it differently.  Below is that Hadith:

"A’ishah, if your people had not been recently polytheists (and new converts to Islam), I would have demolished the Ka’bah, and would have brought it to the level of the ground and would have constructed two doors, one facing the east and the other one to the west, and would have added to it six cubits of area from Hijr, for the Quraysh had reduced it when they rebuilt it." (Sahih Muslim, Hadith No. 3082)  Writes Islam City "Moreover, the rebuilding of the Ka’bah upon the exact foundations of Ibrahim by Abdullah b. al-Zubayr strongly supports the above viewpoint as well, as we will see later."

The Quran entrusted the Prophet (pbuh) only with the responsibility of clearing the Kaaba of idols and establishing Monotheism (Tawheed).  The Quran never imposed the task of renovating the Kaaba on the Prophet (pbuh).  Before the conquest of Makkah the Prophet (pbuh) was totally focused on clearing the Kaaba of those hundreds of idols the misguided kuffar had put inside it.  Building "eastern and western doors" were of no priority.

According to some sources of history, approximately during the end of the reign of Yazid bin Muawiyah in Islamic era 60 AH, Makkah was besieged and the Kaaba was burned. Abdullah bin Zubair (who was the son of Asma and the nephew of Aisha) had to tear down most parts of the Kaaba and reconstruct / renovate it.  Reportedly he rebuilt it upon the original ancient foundations as was made by Prophet Abraham and additionally constructed an eastern and western door to the Kaaba at ground level.  The Hadithist circles claim that the eastern and western doors were built by Ibn Zubair to comply with the Prophet's (pbuh) request as stated in the false Hadith quoted above.  But in reality, it's darn easy to sense that it was the other way round, that the above Hadith was woven to match its contents with the reported renovation of the Kaaba in 60 AH.

To conclude:  The ONLY source of information when the Kaaba was built and who built it is the Noble Quran, Verses 2:125, 2:127, 22:26 and 14:37.  These Verses explicitly confirm that the Kaaba was built by Prophet Abraham for the first time.  Additionally, also please take a look at Verses 3:95-97 of Surah Al-Imran.

"Say: Allah speaks truth. So follow the religion of Abraham, the upright. He was not of the idolaters."  (3:95).

"Indeed! the first Sanctuary appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah, a blessed place, a guidance to the peoples;"  (3:96).

"Wherein are plain memorials (of Allah's guidance); the place where Abraham stood up to pray; and whosoever enters it is safe."  (3:97).

The allusion in the above Verses of Surah Al-Imran is again very precise and straightforward conveying the information of Prophet Abraham as the first person who stood up to pray in the "first Sanctuary" (the Kaaba).   Absolutely no mention of Adam or Noah who prayed on that specific location prior to Abraham. 

Bakkah (بكة) is the ancient name for the holy city of Makkah (Mecca).

PLEASE NOTE:  IN THIS TOPIC WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING THE DETAILS OF THE HISTORICAL REPORTS ON  RECONSTRUCTION / RENOVATION OF PARTS OF THE KAA'BA FROM THE YEAR 64 A.H. ONWARD.  THAT IS A DIFFERENT ISSUE AND NOT RELEVANT TO THIS TOPIC.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 10:13:06 pm »

OMG! really?  I didn't know about this Hadithist argument that Adam first built the Ka'ba and before it angels used to worship there.  From where did that man Kasir get these ideas?  and according to him if the Ka'ba got destroyed during Noah's flood ..... well first of all as you mentioned, how does Kasir know Prophet Noah lived in Makkah (at that time probably Bakkah)?  Secondly, it would also imply that Prophet Noah had offered prayers in the Ka'ba. But it's so simple in the Quran.  Thank you for quoting the complete set of Verses informing and confirming who first built the Ka'ba.  Allah Almighty has stated everything about the Ka'ba's history, and if any other Prophets like Noah or Adam had also prayed there prior to Abraham, we can be 100% certain Allah would mention that in the Quran. 

That Islam city link left my head reeling.  I mean, so many little intricate points joined together to make one big interpolated story out of a simple aspect explicitly confirmed in the Quran.  How these people love to turn simple Quranic information complex and confusing. 

Many thanks Sister Heba.  This was some info for me.  I'll take it up in our monthly discussions next time Insh'Allah.  I don't expect the Hadithists to accept their transgression involving so many interpolations, but I do expect them to at least keep silent and not to defend it.   
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 10:23:45 pm »

Such odd things come out of the accursed mouths of people like Kathir and Tabari etc.  who never even bother to mention  from where they got those strange contents.  Still more surprising, no one ever bothers to question the source of their interpolations.  Proves the blind following these plaster saints have.

Btw, would anyone let me know which precise spot of the Kaa'ba is known as Hateem and why?  No mention of it in the Quran which makes me assume it never existed during the time of the Prophet (pbuh) and until a bit later. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 12:07:05 am »

.... Still more surprising, no one ever bothers to question the source of their interpolations.  Proves the blind following these plaster saints have.

Right Sister Ruhi .. I've also thought of this point many times.

Btw, would anyone let me know which precise spot of the Kaa'ba is known as Hateem and why?  No mention of it in the Quran which makes me assume it never existed during the time of the Prophet (pbuh) and until a bit later. 

Hateem is the circular or crescent-shaped wall right beside the Ka'ba on the north side (or Iraqi side);  also called Hijr-Ismail or Stone of Ismail which comes from the assumption that Prophet Abraham constructed a shelter for his son Ismail and his mother on this spot. However, this is not Quranic information nor the hateem itself as you mentioned.  I think that circular wall is about 4 and a half feet high and the concrete consists of white marble.  This space is excluded during the taw'af no matter how close you're standing to the Ka'ba during taw'af because it's viewed as a part of the Ka'ba.  Image below for clearer understanding.

As one would expect, there are lots of ahadith about hateem.

There are too many unsupportive stories surrounding it and it's impossible to confirm whether or not it existed during the time of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) or Prophet Abraham (pbuh). Personally I don't think it did, but only Allah Almighty knows best.  I also don't have any information within my research when that area of the Ka'ba called hateem was monumented or made concrete. 

The reason why traditional definition of hateem claims it to be an "original" part of the Ka'ba is again derived from hadith.  It's the same hadith Sister Heba quoted in her original post from Muslim. But the same hadith in Bukhari is edited to fit in the aspect of hateem.  Let me quote:   “Narrated Ayesha that the Prophet (Pbuh) said to her: Had not your tribe been close to the era of ignorance, I would have ordered to demolish the present building of Ka’bah and (would have rebuilt it) by including the part they had left (i.e. Hateem), and brought down its door to the ground level. I would have built two gates of the House of God, one on the east and one on the west and by doing that would have re-established it on the true Ibrahimic foundation”. (Bukhari).   You see the underlined portion.  That's the reason traditionalists claim it was original part of the Ka'ba.  However the authenticity of this hadith, as is with every hadith, is rife with uncertainty.  And like you said, Quran mentions nothing about any portion of land beside the Ka'ba having the kind of significance which the traditionalists uphold.

Some believe that the graves of Prophet Ismail and his mother are located within the hateem. For this reason many pilgrims don't walk inside the hateem.   But I've also seen many who do. So again there's no consensus, as usual.  And again, only Allah knows whether or not this is true. I know of one hadith which okays to walk within the hateem and I think that is the reason why many Hadithers consider it permissible to step on this area.   Quoting that hadith: “Narrated Ayesha that she told the Prophet (Pbuh) that she wanted to enter into the Ka’bah. The Prophet (Pbuh) took her to ‘Muqaam-e-Hij’r’ (Hateem) by holding her hand and said: When you intend to enter into the Ka’bah, (then remember that) this too is part of Ka’bah”. (Tirmizi, Abu Dawood, Ahmad, Nisai).
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 12:33:28 am »

As-salaam Alaikum and many, many thanks Sister Heba and Brother TS for the original post and the info on Hateem.  Several points in this thread I got a chance to learn here.  Alhumdulilah.  Concerning the stories of angels and Adam in regard to the Kaaba is indeed a huge interpolation completely absent in the Noble Quran.  As for the circular area on north side of the Kaaba, I had observed that many times but never knew of all the traditional presumptions connected with it because there's nothing of any of this in the Noble Quran.

Thanks again sister and brother.  Very informative and enjoyable thread; and that diagram of the Kaaba with labels is really helpful. 

Allah bless all of you.  Ameen.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 12:38:23 am »

Walaykum As Salam.  You're most welcomed Sister Zeynab  Smiley   Allah bless you too, ameen.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 12:50:48 am »

MashAllah, tons to thanks for the information the hateem, so now I know the level of its possible authenticity or otherwise using the Noble Quran as the Benchmark for assessment.

There is also an opinion claiming if you're inside the Hateem, you can prostrate facing any direction. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 12:56:00 am »

Thank you Sister Ruhi.  You're very welcomed. 

There is also an opinion claiming if you're inside the Hateem, you can prostrate facing any direction. 

Well, like Allah said in the Quran that whether you face the east or west, He is everywhere.  This means that the true purpose of prostration is fulfilled if it comes from your heart with the devotion required.  However, as a gesture of respect for the endeavors of Prophet Abraham (pbuh) for building the first place of Monotheistic worship, Allah has commanded us to turn our faces in the direction of the Ka'ba while praying.  This is basically a formality.  If you are on some new location and you don't know which direction to turn to face the Ka'ba, you can offer your prayer in any direction.  Not knowing the direction of the Ka'ba should not be an excuse to miss prayer.  However, if you're inside the Hateem, you're right next to the Ka'ba.  Obviously you know the direction of the Kaaba.  Then it's a matter of obedience to Allah that you face the Ka'ba and pray.                 
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 12:59:20 am »

Right brother.  That makes sense.  Just wondering.  Since turning our faces toward the Kaa'ba is a sign of respect and I would presume it symbolizes praying in the Kaa'ba, and the Hateem is considered a part of the Kaa'ba, couldn't that be the reason why some consider that inside the Hateem one can face any direction?  After all, if you are inside the Kaa'ba then after all you can surely face any direction and pray.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 01:01:19 am »

Sorry for the late response Sister Ruhi.  I needed to discuss this bit with my folks too.  I'm glad you mentioned a point which I had overlooked, that facing the Ka'ba also symbolizes praying in the Ka'ba.  I get your point.  Hateem is presumed to be the wall which was most likely a part of the Ka'ba when built by Prophet Abraham.  So from that view point, if one is standing inside that crescent-shaped wall, I would think one can face any direction. At the same time, even if one faces the Ka'ba from the Hateem would be okay as that could also symbolize standing inside the Ka'ba for prayers.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 01:03:35 am »

Precisely brother .... this is what I had been thinking about.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2021, 01:10:19 pm »

Dhul Hijjah 1442 (July 2021)

Today being the 30th of Dhul Qadah, 1442, the month of Hajj (Dhul Hijjah) will start tomorrow, Insh'Allah.  There are many important points in regard to Hajj which we have stated in our post What does the Quran say about Hajj?   Every bit of information in this thread is precisely according to the Quran alone.  Please make sure you read the entire thread.

The quantity of extra-Quranic information on this topic is very wide.  We need to be very careful.  Hadithists are blowing scores of myths on the construction of the Kaa'ba, completely unwarranted by the Noble Quran.  So let us again wrap up this thread, highlighting whatever is contained in the Quran and whatever comes from outside the Quran to be ignored. 

Our scholars are introducing the element of "slight disagreement" in regard to who built the Ka'ba even though Allah Almighty has confirmed it was built by Prophet Ibrahim and his son, Ismail.   Some say that it was built by the angels.  Others claim Prophet Adam had built it but over many centuries it fell into ruins and was then lost to be rebuilt  by Prophets Ibrahim and Ismail.    But the Noble Quran does not give any reasons to presume this.   By reading the Quran we can only understand that Prophet Ibrahim along with his son, Prophet Ismail, were the only ones who built the Kaa'ba for the first time.  The tale tellers of Hadith cannot even refrain to weave stories about the Kaa'ba, ignoring what has been confirmed in the Noble Quran.  As we know, IslamCity is full of myths and tales about the building of the Kaa'ba.   Even though the Noble Quran says nothing of those tales and has confirmed that the Kaa'ba was built by Prophets Ibrahim and Ismail, yet the Quranic confirmation seems have no significance for many of these folks, instead they continue their fixation on extra-Quranic stories and fibs.  It's a mindset that's indescribably sad to say the least.

Following is the lengthy Bukhari Hadith which is the source of the disagreement that the Kaa'ba existed before Prophet Ibrahim.

"After Prophet Ibrahim had left his wife Hajar and toddler son Isma'il in Makkah, where back then there was nobody, nor was there any water, an angel appeared to Hajar and, consoling her, said to her: "Don't be afraid of being neglected, for this is the House of Allah (Ka'bah or al-Masjid al-Haram) which will be built by this boy and his father, and Allah never neglects His people." The Prophet (pbuh) then added: "The House (i.e., the Ka'bah) at that time was on a high place resembling a hillock, and when torrents came, they flowed to its right and left." Then when the time for building the Ka'bah came, during one of Ibrahim's subsequent visits from Sham (Syria and Palestine) to Makkah and his family, he said to his son Isma'il: "O Isma'il! Allah has given me an order." Isma'il said: "Do what your Lord has ordered you to do." Ibrahim asked: "Will you help me?" Isma'il said: "I will help you." Ibrahim said: "Allah has ordered me to build a house here," pointing to a hillock higher than the land surrounding it. The Prophet (pbuh) added: "Then they raised the foundations of the House (i.e., the Ka'bah). Isma'il brought the stones and Ibrahim was building, and when the walls became high, Isma'il brought this stone and put it for Ibrahim who stood over it and carried on building, while Isma'il was handing him the stones, and both of them were saying: "O our Lord! Accept (this service) from us, verily, You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing." The Prophet (pbuh) added: "Then both of them went on building and going round the Ka'bah saying: "O our Lord! Accept (this service) from us, verily, You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing." (Al-Baqarah, 2:127).(Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith No. 583).

Traditionalists claim the Quran refers to Hajar (Hajra), the second wife of Prophet Ibrahim and the mother of Prophet Ismail.  But the Quran does not contain any references to Hajar.  It refers to Prophet Ibrahim and his son Prophet Ismail, not Hajar.   You can read the extra-Quranic details on Hajar and Ismail at South Metro Islamic Centre, and to what extent these details are authentic is known to Allah only.   It might be true that Prophet Ibrahim took Hajar and Ismail and left them in Mecca at the order of Allah Almighty.  But only Allah knows best.  We cannot confirm that because Allah has not confirmed it in the Quran.  Unfortunately, the altered Bibles have narrated many unconfirmed and baseless stories about the personal life of Prophet Ibrahim, and the Ahadith have picked several of those falsifications.

The set of Verses in the Quran in regard to the Kaa'ba are as follows:

"And when Abraham and Ishmael were raising the foundations of the House, (Abraham prayed): Our Rab! Accept from us (this duty). Lo! You, only You, are the Hearer, the Knower."    2:127.

"And when We made the House (at Makka) a resort for mankind and sanctuary, (saying): Take as your place of worship the place where Abraham stood (to pray). And We imposed a duty upon Abraham and Ishmael, (saying): Purify My house for those who go around and those who meditate therein and those who bow down and prostrate themselves (in worship)."  2:125.

"And when Abraham prayed: My Rab! Make this a region of security and bestow upon its people fruits, such of them as believe in Allah and the Last Day, He answered: As for him who disbelieves, I shall leave him in contentment for a while, then I shall compel him to the doom of Fire - a hapless journey's end!"   2:126.

"Our Rab, I have settled some of my descendants in an uncultivated valley near Your sacred House, our Rab, that they may establish prayer. So make hearts among the people incline toward them and provide for them from the fruits that they might be grateful."  14:37.

"And (remember) when We prepared for Abraham the place of the (holy) House, saying: Ascribe you nothing as partner unto Me, and purify My House for those who make the round (thereof) and those who stand and those who bow and make prostration."   22:26.

"And proclaim unto mankind the pilgrimage. They will come unto thee on foot and on every lean camel; they will come from every deep ravine,"    22:27.

And of course the Kaa'ba is confirmed as the qibla in Verses 2:144 and 2:149.

Also, there are un-Quranic stories about the stones in the Kaa'ba - Maqam-e-Ibrahim and Hajr Aswad.   The stone over which Prophet Ibrahim stood and built the Kaa'ba is called Maqam Ibrahim (Ibrahim's station).  It is encased in a gold, silver and glass framed structure.  Maqam Ibrahim bears the imprint of where the Prophet Ibrahim stood while constructing the Kaaba  Whether or not this stone is authentic is only known to Allah Almighty.   Then again, the Black Stone or Hijr Aswad is another extra-Quranic information.  The Quran does not give any information, not even remotely, about the Black Stone.  According to hadith:  “The black stone came down from paradise and it was whiter than milk, but the sins of the sons of Adam turned it black.”  This is from a Shiia hadith, Biharul Anwar: Volume 12, Page 84.  Another traditional story says the Black Stone descended directly from heaven and was given to Prophet Ibrahim by Angel Jibreel.  It's probably from the hadith of Nasai.  The same Shiia hadith of Biharul Anwar Vol.12 tells another un-Quranic story about a third stone with which Prophet Moses struck the rock releasing water, ref.V.2:59 quote:  "And when Moses asked for water for his people, We said: Smite with thy staff the rock. And there gushed out therefrom twelve springs (so that) each tribe knew their drinking-place. Eat and drink of that which Allah hath provided, and do not act corruptly, making mischief in the earth."  As we have read, this incident is fully confirmed by the Quran in Verse 59 of Surah Al-Baqrah, but of course the Noble Quran mentions nothing about that rock being preserved. 

Related posts:

- Hajj is allowed during 4 months of every year, and not restricted only to first 10 days of Dhul Hijja
- The Greater Pilgrimage
- Does the Quran mention about Umrah?
- Concept of Qibla in the Noble Quran
- Big hoax about moon directly above the Kaa'ba and doing tawaf
- Modern research on water of Zum Zum
- Mount Arafah
- Fasting on Day of Arafah
- Forbidding the cutting of nails
- Black stone myths
- Origin of the word 'Ramadan' and 4 sacred months (Very important read).
- Ten Nights, the even and the odd (Read the 5th post of this thread to get the correct explanation of "Ten Nights.")

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2021, 01:33:59 pm »

Basically, that lengthy hadith is the root of all extra-Quranic tales. 
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2021, 01:36:13 pm »

And, I don't know how traditionalists could cook that story that Adam built the Ka'ba.  If this was true, wouldn't Allah Almighty have mentioned it in the Quran?   In fact, it is quite the opposite.  In the Quran, as stated by Allah, He is not too pleased with Adam's temperament, quote:  "And verily We made a covenant of old with Adam, but he forgot, and We found no constancy in him."  20:115  Ta Ha.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2021, 01:53:32 pm »

Ten Nights - the even and the odd

As already stated in the post of the above thread, "ten nights" mentioned in Verse 82:2 of Surah Al-Fajr does not refer to the 10 days or nights of Hajj, neither to the last ten days of Ramadan.  It's simply a description of 30 days of the month, in three groups of 10 nights .. every odd number of the day followed by an even number.   Commentary contained in the 5th comment of this thread.

Yet, traditionalists claim it refers to the ten nights of Hajj.   Not just that, but on the basis of their misinterpretation, they also claim that the "ten nights" of Hajj are more important than the last 10 nights of Ramadan because unlike the final 10 nights of Ramadan, the 10 nights of Hajj are mentioned by Allah in V.82:2.  Therefore, look at the mountain of myths.   First they invent the tale about Leialtul-Qadr being one of the last 10 nights without any Quranic confirmation.  Then they misinterpret Verse 82:2 thinking it refers to 10 days of Hajj, and based on that misinterpretation they deem it "more important" than the last 10 days of Ramadan.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: