Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 09:54:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hadith tries to convey that there are variations of the Quran

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hadith tries to convey that there are variations of the Quran  (Read 1346 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 11, 2018, 06:08:34 pm »

In a desperate attempt to initiate multiple versions of the Quran similar to the altered Old and New Testaments, the Hadith slyly tries to pass on the misconception that the Quran can be different based on its different methods of recitations.  This was the first and last failed endeavor of Hadith to push for changes in the Quran but never succeeded, Alhumdulilah.

Let us take a peek at the following utterly false hadith that's since long got the tongues of the ever-naughty Islamophobes wagging.  In this hadith, the narrator's name is also forged.  It uses the name of Omar bin Khattab who detested the culture of narrating ahadith, let alone narrating a hadith as false as this.  Quoting the forgery as below:

I heard Hisham bin Hakim reciting Surat Al-Furqan during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and I listened to his recitation and noticed that he recited in several different ways which Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) had not taught me. I was about to jump over him during his prayer, but I controlled my temper, and when he had completed his prayer, I put his upper garment around his neck and seized him by it and said, "Who taught you this Sura which I heard you reciting?" He replied, "Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) taught it to me." I said, "You have told a lie, for Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) has taught it to me in a different way from yours." So I dragged him to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and said (to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)), "I heard this person reciting Surat Al-Furqan in a way which you haven't taught me!" On that Allah's Apostle said, "Release him, (O `Umar!) Recite, O Hisham!" Then he recited in the same way as I heard him reciting. Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "It was revealed in this way," and added, "Recite, O `Umar!" I recited it as he had taught me. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) then said, "It was revealed in this way. This Qur'an has been revealed to be recited in seven different ways, so recite of it whichever (way) is easier for you (or read as much of it as may be easy for you).

Source:  Sahih al-Bukhari 4992.   Book 66, Hadith 14.  Vol. 6, Book 61, Hadith 514.

Whether it was our so-called scholars or Bukhari himself, someone has titled this specific chapter as "The Qur'an was revealed to be recited in seven different ways."  These fools don't understand, even if they choose to recite the Quran in one hundred different ways makes NO difference on the original text which stays intact as ONE kind only.

Islampphobes including so-called Muslims use such nonsense to claim the "Quran has many texts," not knowing or preferring not to know the blatant difference between recitation or reading and the actual, original text.    Recitation, as it is today, has developed into an unnecessary art of singing the Quran, as if the Final Message of Allah is a songbook.  Obviously different reciters would follow different rhythms and tunes which may often differ in tones and 'tunes.'  NONE of that has any bearing on the original text as it exists.  Same Islamphobes continue to claim that different recitations use different words or different forms of the same word.  Needless to say, this claim is outright false and baseless .. unless the recitation or reading alludes to the translations of the original Arabic into various other languages. In that case of course the different translators would use different words to translate the same Verse.  But again that has no bearing on the original.

Sometimes an isolated Verse numbering or total Verse count can be different in different printed copies.  The reason?  At times that's a misprint or at times, it may depend on the manner in which a certain printing resource may perceive the connection between two Verses.  Again needless to say, that has absolutely no bearing on the original Arabic text which stays intact.  If a Verse count is different in two printed copies of the Quran, that does not mean any Verse or Verses have been excluded nor added.  It simply means two Verses may have been grouped together as one, or a particular Verse may have been printed as two Verses (probably because of its length).  Either way, the text meticulously remains the same.

These are basic matters of common sense;  it's more than pathetic that the Islamophbes yet overlook.

A tale which the same segment of instigators use as a solace for their own skepticism is the circulation of a false information that during the Prophet's (pbuh) lifetime "several copies of the Quran existed" and after the passing of the Prophet (pbuh), "all copies were burned except Usman's copy."   Completely false.   The path along which this story is constructed is full of discrepant perception and therefore rife with blunders.   First off, during the lifetime of the Prophet (pbuh), there was no "several copies" of the Quran.  Rather, the entire handwritten Quran as recited by the Prophet after the Divine Revelation was safely preserved, but without systematic compilation.  This preserved collection never got into outside hands.  It remained within the very small and close circle of the Prophet (pbuh) who weren't only his companions but also the trusted members of his family.   After the passing of the Prophet, the first person who took up the task of systematically compiling the Quran by deciding which Verses were likely revealed on the same occasion, numbering the Chapters (Surah) and numbering the Verses was Umar bin Khattab (the second righteous Caliph).  He had finished approximately less than half of this work when he was assassinated.  The task of compiling the remaining carefully preserved collection was resumed by his successor, Osman bin Affan (the third righteous Caliph) until completion.  After that, the uncompiled materials were not needed and thus destroyed (as a very wise step) to eradicate any chances of editions or changes by human hands and slipped into the original Quranic text compiled by Omar and Osman and later printed which we read today. 

Islamophobes also make light of the Quran by repudiating the "mathematical miracles" which actually alludes to the calculation by some Quran readers of the number of times certain relevant Quranic terms are used.  While there's nothing wrong with calculating the frequency of the occurrence of various Quranic words, the most important point which needs to be remembered is that the Quran has itself NEVER emphasized on the relevance of this aspect.  Although there are some amazing and interesting balancing mathematical numbers between various important Quranic words, what our scholars have lately shown as "mathematical miracles" of Quranic words is basically a total count of the number of times those relevant terminologies occur in the Quran from start to finish.  As simple as that.  It's only for the information of readers.  Those total counts do not and are not meant to have any influence on the Quranic Message itself.   Thus, whether or not the "mathematical miracles" are displayed is insignificant.  What's unarguably and hugely significant is the Quran itself, which is a Big and unbeatable Miracle, the Ultimate Truth.

Related posts
- Compilation of the Glorious Quran
- Status of Hadith in comparison with the Noble Quran
- Hadith conspiracy against Quranic compilation
- Quran and order of the Verses
- Study of the Chronological order of the Quran
- The Quran is perfect and complete, so why do we need the Hadith?
- Today's Shariah, a contradiction of the Noble Quran

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 07:04:22 pm »

Ya Allah!  I never knew of this hadith.  How false and cunning.  What a shame.  I have no doubt this Bukhari forgery would be a useful weapon in the hands of many of those Islamophobes, though it's such a simple fact that no matter what tone or tune one may acquire while reciting or reading any written text, that does not change the text itself.

You've done an excellent job of analyzing the various points as articulately as this, dear Sis Heba.  I especially like the way you clarified the wrong concepts in misguided minds about the compilation of the Quran and the aspect of mathematical miracles.

Many thanks for the great piece Sis.   May Allah Almighty reward you.  I hope our readers find it informative. 

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 07:15:43 pm »

Thank you for putting this up Sister Heba.  This hadith is certainly one of those hot cakes for Islamophobes to slander the originality & authenticity of the Quran and try to make it appear that the Quran is no different than the altered Bibles.  One of the persons who has used this hadith and other false stories to slanader the Quran is a man named Abdullah Sameer.  Beware of this scoundrel.  He can be categorized as one of the lowest scumbags in this planet.  He is a man who has left Islam and shamelessly goes about writing on his "journey from Islam" with tons of lies and nonsensical (if not laughable) arguments.  He is  also associated to that fraudulent organization named "council of ex-Muslims."
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 07:23:19 pm »

Really ?!!   Shocked   Sounds pernicious, devilish and additionally a mix of illiteracy and calumnious.   Who is he?  What's his problem?
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 07:32:13 pm »

Not too much is known about his background.  He isn't known enough to be listed in wikipedia either.  All that's known about this critter is that he was an Ismaili.  Then he converted to Sunni Muslim and supposedly preached Islam for "16 years" and then turned against Islam, abandoned being a Muslim and turned into an atheist. He's either a Canadian or American immigrant, not sure which.  As you would know, there are very few ex-Muslims in the world.  Those few who do exist, the Western society loves to make use of them, calling them on small-time talk shows, requesting them to share their stories why they left Islam and then these folks unleash their barrage of rubbish by presenting the interpolations as the face of Islam.  Some such sick renegades are also paid mercenaries. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 07:35:53 pm »

Smells rotten bad egg.  If he was originally Ismaili, that means he was never a Muslim to begin with.  He came into Islam from a non-Muslim community and has gone back to kuffari.   You're right, many a times it's money.  There are actually quite a few who are paid for such jobs in the West and certain other non-Muslim societies.   Just pathetic.  I wouldn't buy that he was a Muslim for "16 years."  And it's just as likely that his claim to becoming a Muslim was in reality a part of some undercover plan.   Such stuff happen all the time.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 12:26:01 pm »

Absolutely Sister.  What you said is very, very possible.  What's confirmed is that the guy is a crook and a liar with very little education.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 12:28:22 pm »

Very correct undoubtedly.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 12:43:00 pm »

Thanks Sis and brother for your appreciation of my post. 

This bugger, A. Sameer, is an infamous phony and an attention seeker.  He is a non-Muslim Ismaili living in north America and originally from Pakistan (from what I've learned).  Pretended to embrace Islam.  Claims he was "Muslim" for 15 years.  He now calls himself an atheist and "secular humanist."   LOL!  It's a rapidly developing modern trend that a person's entitlement to claim humanism increases only if in reality their un-humanism deepens.  That's Abdullah Sameer, the mischief mongering truth hater and lowlife.  He isn't worth the time of any rational and literate person. 

Sister Zeynab may have a very valid point.  This slimeball could be involved with undercover work for money and attention via arguments, quarrels, defamation and sowing seeds of discord.  That's the lifeline of the organization he's associated with called council of ex-Muslims.  These putrid shitholes are the jewel-in-the-crown of various Western outlets.   InshAllah, it will be interesting to watch their plight on the Day of Judgement.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 12:58:54 pm »

Well said Sister Heba.   I think it's very likely he's Pakistani Ismaili.  While the Western media portrays minority in Pakistan as the "silent and oppressed," the reality tells quite a different story.  Even inside Pakistan they have never ceased to be trouble makers and hate mongers in regard to the Islamic Faith ..... so I can imagine the zeal with which they would promote their inherent characteristics outside Pakistan.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 01:02:15 pm »

Right Sis, I absolutely understand your point.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 03:11:02 pm »

Wonderfully enlightening post Sister Heba.  Subhan'Allah.

This thread provided me with more education on the quantum of misguidance that exists in this planet throughout the annals of history until today - from Bukhari and Abu Huraira to Abdullah Sameer.   

I seek refuge in Allah from the evil and rotten ones.

Thanks everyone for this thread.   Special thanks to Sister Heba.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 03:13:08 pm »

Very welcomed Sis Ruhi  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: