Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 29, 2024, 07:09:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Crapping and cleaning your rear with stones - Hadith idea, ha?

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Crapping and cleaning your rear with stones - Hadith idea, ha?  (Read 800 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 07, 2018, 08:20:46 am »

As hadith has left no stone unturned in defaming our beloved Prophet (pbuh) and inventing forgeries in his name, I wasn't surprised to discover that the concept of defecating and cleaning your posterior with stones comes from that institution. 

According to Hadith, stones are a substitute if water isn't available.  Actually, in a desert with slithering sands like Arabia, stones are just as rare as water.  Those deserts don't have stones.  People would generally fill their large waterskins with water whenever they stopped at an oasis, and most of them carried more than one waterskin, depending on the distance of travel, for drinking as well as cleaning.  If anyone wished to use stones after crapping, they would have to bundle up a collection of stones, obviously from the oasis.  So, if they were already carrying their waterskins, why would anyone opt of a terrible substitute like stones?

The idea of stones was likely introduced by Bukhari coming from the ancient Khorasan region where Zoroastrians used such stuff after shitting as well as the kuffar hindus of India.  Also, medieval European Christians used all sorts of repellent as well as comical methods of clean their ass.  The only thing they never used for this purpose was water and that stands until today.  Even in the glittering modern washrooms of the "rich & famous,"  ass is scrubbed with dry tissue after shitting, not water in spite of the availability of clean running water from costly faucets.

Hadith No: 45
From: Sunan An-Nasai. Chapter 1, The Book of Purification
Narrated/Authority of Anas bin Malik
"When the Messenger of Allah (saw) would go to the toilet, I and another boy like me would bring a small leather vessel of water and he would clean himself with water." (Sahih).

This one is about water and sounds decent.   I'm sure this was the way it was, not because Nasai and Anas said it.  But we know from our common sense that the Prophet (pbuh) wouldn't settle for anything other than water, and water wasn't as rare in Arabia as dramatized by Hadith.  Let's read some more.

Hadith No: 44
From: Sunan An-Nasai. Chapter 1, The Book of Purification
The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "When any one of you goes to the Ghait (toilet to defecate), let him take with him three stones and clean himself with them, for that will suffice him."

Here starts the forgery of stones.  Another typical hadith style is to give a number to all its lies.  So, according to this one, the number of stones needed to scrub your rear is three.

Sahih Muslim Hadith 2982 Narrated by Jabir ibn Abdullah.    "We use water to clean ourselves after we`ve been to the toilet. ... said, "When one of you goes to relieve himself, (in the absence of water) he should clean himself with three stones."  

Okay, so this one says if no water, then take three stones.   But as usual, the thumping thumbs-up nonsense comes from none other than Abu Hurairah.  According to him, stones were used in place of "dung and old bones."   That means, in the absence of stones, Abu Hurairah used dung and bones and vice-versa.  Refer to the mado's filthy idea in  Sunan An-Nasai. Chapter 1, The Book of Purification, Hadith no.40.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 04:54:15 am »

Grin

According to hadith narrators, yes, water was the first choice but stones were the alternative in the absence of water.   You're right.   Rolling sandy deserts have no stones either and large supplies of water were carried in goatskins or cowskins from fertile spots in the deserts (oasis).

Obviously if there's no water anywhere and one needs to poop or pee, common sense says that person will carry something to be used as alternative like paper or cloth or leaves etc.  No one would use dung to clean their ass ... that is cleaning shit with shit .. or shit cannibalism.  And of course never heard of the nonsense of cleaning the hind with "old bones."   I don't know if there was ever a time when stones were the only option to clean one's rear after pooping.  The point here is and something we're all sure about, that these are just babblings by Bukhari's gang who couldn't survive without gossips.  If Bukhari really wanted to impart some useful practical info in this sphere, he could have simply said use water to clean yourself.  If water isn't available, use whatever suitable substitute you get but never leave yourself uncleaned.  Period.

As for medieval European asswipes, I'm told it's a very long story.  If you read it after having your dinner, you'll puke.  If you read it before dinner, you won't feel fit enough to eat   Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 04:58:43 am »

hummm, right.   

.... "shit cannibalism" lol.   Amusing expression  laugh

If anyone can give some info on medieval European asswipes, would be interesting to compare with hadith.

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 05:10:50 am »

LOL.  Actually I had no idea that this practice of using stones as butt cleaners comes from hadith, until I began exploring the hadith literature in 2005.  Since the beginning I was totally in the Noble Quran alone as instructed by my beloved parents.   

In northern parts of Pakistan, tribal people (pathans) living in villages are known for using stones for this purpose.  We used to wonder if this story is really true or not.  Then when I saw this in hadith, I immediately guessed that those guys adopted the practice from hadith.  That's how hadith spreads the ideas of jahilya.  Even if water is available, ignorant folks in villages will still opt for the easier and filthier shortcut of stones.  In urban areas of non-Muslim communities that changes to dry tissue which isn't much better either. 

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 05:01:39 am »

laugh  lol, yeah sis.  I've also heard of pathans cleaning their rear with stones.  For sure they learned from hadith.  An old practice common during the jahiliya period by the kuffar in different parts of the world, yet incorrect sources like hadith have kept it rife until today among so-called Muslims.  Truly sad.  You're right.  It may prod the lazy to get lazier.  Even if they have water, the stone method might still persist as a quickie ass cleaner.   Yuck!  sick!

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 06:11:41 am »

As-Salam Alaikum folks.   Sabah-al-khair. 

I read these stone-shit cleaner ahadith long ago.   By and large, hardly anyone in the Muslim world cares for this gross hadith.  Those "pathans" must be really archaic.

If anyone can give some info on medieval European asswipes, would be interesting to compare with hadith.

You bet I got enough info on that.  It's a separate line of history by itself and actually much worse than hadith.  Could put Bukhari and Abu Hurairah into the shade.

Here's a wrap up.  But before I begin, let me reiterate by quoting brother TS .. "If you read it after having your dinner, you'll puke.  If you read it before dinner, you won't feel fit enough to eat "   laugh

In 18th century UK, people commonly used oyster shells for anal cleaning which were available in huge numbers as they were cheap and eaten all over the place.

Upper class used rags.  In many manor homes of "nobles" left over rags (often called scraps of textiles to sound more dignified) were collected and stored as asswipes.  The very rich ones like Victoria and her clan reportedly used wool.

In the absence of any substitute for an asswipe, the common people grabbed whatever they could.

Then came the Roman toilets.  Not sure if they used wooden toilets, probably they did.  Well, these wooden "toilets" were basically wooden crates with a hole.  By the side of the 'toilet' there would be a water bucket filled with water.  A piece of cloth or rag would be wrapped over the end of a stick and kept dipped into the water bucket.  Whoever finished their shit would then pick up the stick, clean the ass with the rag around it and then put the stick back into the same bucket.  Hey guys, I'm gonna vomit.

Some reports speak of a post-shitting European practice of dragging their bare ass on the grass like doggies.  It cleans doggies okay as their rears are structured differently.  When ancient and medieval Europeans tugged their bare ass on the grass, shit still remained smeared inside the butt cheeks.  Thus, reports say later they devised the practice of  sitting on the grass, stretching their butt cheeks with their hands and dragging themselves.  It wasn't easy.  They often lost their balance and toppled sideways.   This is kinda three-in-one .... sickening, nauseous as well as hilarious  Cheesy

In medieval and ancient eastern Europe, wooden toilets (crate with a hole) were often placed outdoor in the countrysides.  People shat here, then used either large leaves or bundled up grass blades or dried corn cobs to do the ass.  Unspeakably gross, ha?  I'm sure ass-cuts with grass blades weren't uncommon.   They say hemp leaves were the most popular asswipes for outdoor toilets.

In winter if there was accumulated snow on the ground, shitters on outdoor toilets would pick up handfuls of snow, squeeze it into ice packs and roll it over their assholes.  That's the closest they got to using water.

There was virtually no sewerage system in Victorian Europe, including London.  In London for example, all shit was eventually emptied into the river Thames.  All homes and offices nearby including the Parliament needed special windows to keep the stench out.  After enduring many such stomach turning stinky centuries, they one day decided to improve shit drainage by putting up a mammoth shit passing pipe which they named "prince of wales."  It was Vicky's pride that this massive shit pump was named after the heir of the throne who purportedly participated in the opening ceremony of the new history of shit in Britain.

And of course no one ever washed their hands after shitting and ass cleaning.  Many westerners even today after scrubbing with a dry tissue don't wash their hands.  Yes, true.

The idea of using paper as asswipe came as late as end 1800s and the quality was fourth rate at best.  Some types could cause paper cuts in the ass and such incidents weren't uncommon.

Butt cleaning was only a part of the problem.  Disposing of the shit prior to the construction and placement of the massive shit pump was just as spine chilling.  From the windows and balconies of their homes, people generally threw the shit like discus onto the streets and bylanes.  Any surprise why the Brits never went out without an umbrella even on a pleasantly sunny day?  Yep, balconies had many more uses than the fantasy 'romeo n juliet' type a rendezvous.  In failed attempts to dispose of the crap, walls of most public structures including churches were often seen smeared with feces.

The Catholic Church was dead against washing and bathing.  They said the sweet fragrance of cleanliness triggered lust in the minds of men and women.  This is exactly the aspect picked up by hadith in banning perfume for women.  They say that the culture of "exquisite" perfumes began from France because that was the only way out to block the foul odor that built up and emanated from the costly taffeta long skirts and satin tuxedos of aristocratic women and men.  The culture of brides carrying small flower bouquets (or nosegays) was a necessity to suppress the fecal odor from clothes.

Yeah folks, that was medieval European shit history ..... in brief.

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 06:33:46 am »

shiiit

LaaughingAway   truthfully amusing and literally to the point of puking.

I must send this to my husband and his brother. 

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 02:06:49 am »

Walaikum Salaam dear Sis Heba.

This was some education too ..... many thanks  Cheesy   I knew medieval European bum cleaning practices were gross.  But I now realize it's still worse.

You're also right sister, the tribal pathans living in rural areas (also known as the tribal areas) are pathetically archaic, talibans being an example.   But the educated ones in urban locations are totally different who make up the majority.   Unfortunately the traditional pathans are full of all sorts of heathenic social/cultural practices coming from pre-Islamic days.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 02:10:47 am »

You're welcomed dear Sis Zeynab.   

Well, I see, so the talibans are the same as 'pathans.'  I didn't know that.  There's some other word as well that describes their ethnicity, I can't recall now.  What language do they speak?  I thought they were only in Afghanistan.

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 02:21:16 am »

They're also known as pashtoons or pakhtoons.  This ethnic race exists in northern Pakistan and in Pakistan's south-west Balochistan province plus across many parts of Afghanistan.  From what I know, pashtoons make up more than 40% of Afghanistan's 36 million population.  In Pakistan they are only 15% out of a teeming population of 200 million.   The language they speak is called pashto.   And yeah, the backward ones among them use stones after crapping.  Many of these pashtoon villagers in the north and south-west of Pakistan are also nomads.  Probably quite many in Afghanistan too.  They lead a wandering life in caravans from village to village.  I would presume that these ones most commonly use stones for this purpose.

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 02:25:34 am »

As we would all know, in all parts of the Muslim world in homes with running water, there is the hand-held Muslim shower in washrooms which is the most excellent way of cleansing oneself concerning this aspect of life.   Some Muslims living in the west are also installing it although in the west only a few plumbing companies know about it yet.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 02:34:20 am »

Ah!  thanks me Sis for this info on pashtoons.  Yes, I've heard this term but was gettin a bit mixed up I guess.

As we would all know, in all parts of the Muslim world in homes with running water, there is the hand-held Muslim shower in washrooms which is the most excellent way of cleansing oneself concerning this aspect of life.   Some Muslims living in the west are also installing it although in the west only a few plumbing companies know about it yet.

Honestly, this is absolutely excellent.  We got 2 and a half washrooms and installed it in one.  It's just so great!  Alhumdulilah. 

lol.  Westerners are so darn clever.  They always love to grab all nice ideas for themselves.  Although even now Muslim showers are not too widely used in the west at all, they are trying to portray in articles claiming "bidets are now not just used in the west but also in other countries."  LMFAO.  The buggers don't know, it's called Muslim shower not "bidet" and it started in the Muslim world since long in modern times when North America and Europe knew nothing about it.  You're right sis.  Even now very few plumbing concerns install it, probably only the very recognized ones.  But in the Arab world for example, the smallest of plumbing companies will put it up for you.

Btw, is there a difference between the Muslim shower and spray health faucet?

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 02:50:48 am »

O yes!  Muslim shower is just ideal.  Alhumdulilah a million times.  We have it in all our washrooms of our joined-family home.   They don't understand its importance and hygienic values in the West yet.  Otherwise they would have made it a mandatory law for all homes.  Probably they do realize it but their ego won't permit them to admit because it wasn't their idea.

Yes Sister Heba, there is a difference between Muslim shower and what is known as the bidet spray.  Muslim shower is generally called hand-held bidet.  It's simply a telephone-like hand shower with a wire-like pipe connected to a devise getting the water from the toilet tank as shown in the image below:

Hand held Muslim shower

Bidet shower or spray comes with a separate toilet bowl to clean oneself after defecation or urination.  I don't think it's as good as a hand-held Muslim shower which can be used while sitting on the main toilet bowl.  Thus Bidet shower creates extra work to keep its bowl clean like the main toilet bowl itself, plus it also requires extra space in the washroom so one needs to have a fairly large washroom.  Image below of bidet spray or health faucet as they also call it.

Bidet spray with toilet bowl.

Muslim showers can be installed in both western style toilets as well as squat toilets.  Very popular and widely used in all Muslim countries.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 02:55:32 am »

Big thanks brother.  I didn't have a good enough idea of bidet spray.  That image makes it clear.  The one we have is same as the first image you posted.  I agree this one is easier to maintain and less of a hassle with lesser cleaning work.  You folks are so fortunate to have it in all your washrooms. 

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 02:59:31 am »

In the West they are now realizing its value.  Apart from an excellent method of cleansing oneself directly with water, it's great for the environment as well.  In the West they have this filthy habit of "dry cleaning" their backs after defecating using tissues.  And after urination most of them don't wash at all.  Loads of tissues are used everyday and dumped inside the toilet with the crap and flushed.  But if one is using Muslim hand-held shower, they clean themselves with their own hand, then pat dry the washed area with just a little toilet tissue and then wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water.

Alhumdulilah.  Perfect hygiene.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: