Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 18, 2024, 11:35:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

In praise of Abu Dharr by Sheikh Ahmed Kutty

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: In praise of Abu Dharr by Sheikh Ahmed Kutty  (Read 832 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 30, 2019, 09:36:21 am »

As-Salam Alaikum dear everyone.  I intended to put up this post long ago.  Somehow I forgot and as time went by, it got mingled with other posts in my draft folder.  Thank Allah, I found it today while tidying up the draft folder.

Four years ago, April 2015, there was an audio lecture of the Friday Sermon by Sheikh Ahmed Kutty on  iit.podbean.com  showering compliments on the hadith narrator, Abu Dharr, whose false narrations are neck and neck with those from Abu Huraira and his likes.   You can listen to the lecture yourself in the link I've posted above.  If I recall correctly, the duration is approximately 30 minutes. 

Aaccording to Sheikh Kutty, if you want to know what real Islam is, you simply need to look into the lives of the Hadith narrators.  It never even occurred to him that you simply need to stick with the Quran to be the Muslim that Allah wants you to be.

The 'theme' of Sheikh Kutty's lecture revolved around the narration of Abu Dharr quoted below in which this narrator forges the name of the beloved Prophet (pbuh).   Please read it carefully.

Quote -
On the authority of Abu Dharr (may Allah be pleased with him):"Some people from amongst the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said to the Prophet (peace be upon him), 'O Messenger of Allah, the affluent have made off with the rewards; they pray as we pray, they fast as we fast, and they give [much] in charity by virtue of their wealth.' He (peace be upon him) said, 'Has not Allah made things for you to give in charity? Truly every tasbeehah [saying subhan-Allah] is a charity, and every takbeerah [saying Allahu akbar] is a charity, and every tahmeedah [saying alhamdulillah] is a charity, and every tahleelah [saying la ilaha illAllah] is a charity. And commanding the good is a charity, and forbidding an evil is a charity, and in the sexual act of each one of you there is a charity.' They said, 'O Messenger of Allah, when one of us fulfills his sexual desire, will he have some reward for that?' He (peace be upon him) said: 'Do you not see that if he were to act upon it [his desire] in an unlawful manner, then he would be deserving of punishment? Likewise, if he were to act upon it in a lawful manner, then he will be deserving of a reward.'"  [Sahih Muslim bin Hajaj]
Unquote -

Throughout this Friday sermon there were only two or three Quranic Verses recited by the Sheikh. Rest were Hadith fantasies.

Sheikh Kutty did admit that lot of "traditions" have been forged;  he stated that we have to pick the authentic ones but didn't say how the authenticity of those we pick can be proven.  According to him, Bukhari and his student Muslim bin Hajaj are the chief sources of "traditions" and the Sheikh referred to Bukhari as the "commander-in-chief" of the Hadith institution.   Tragically as we know, many of those ahadith which Sheikh Kutty and his colleagues would find perfectly acceptable are actually no less disturbing than the ones they admit to be unreliable or fabricated.

I almost fell off my chair when I heard the Sheikh claim that Verse 9:100 of the Noble Quran refers to Abu Dharr as one of the persons .. or the only person.   Needless to say, nothing could be more distant from the truth.  Verse 9:100 is quoted as follows; it does NOT refer to Abu Dharr. 

"And the first to lead the way, of the Muhajirin and the Ansar, and those who followed them in goodness - Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him, and He hath made ready for them Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever. That is the supreme triumph."  (9:100)  Surah At-Taubah.

As usual, he never clarified how he concluded this Verse to be a reference to Abu Dharr or any other hadith narrator.   If you read Surah At-Taubah, approximately from Verses 9:42 to 9:97, you will find that Allah Almighty has plainly denounced many of those who hovered around the Prophet (pbuh) pretending to be well wishers but were actually laggards whose description in the Quran fits accurately with the ones who narrated a load of very offensive and false ahadith to distort Islam after the passing of the beloved Prophet (pbuh).  Sheikh Kutty has conveniently ignored all those Verses of Surah At-Taubah.

The Sheikh recited Verse 9:100 in original Arabic and then quickly stated its English translation without mentioning the Verse number.    Since most people hardly read the Quran except for Tarawi in Ramadan (of which they seldom understand a single word), Sheikh Kutty was pretty sure that no one would know which Verse he quoted and therefore they would never ask themselves (nor ask him) how and why he misinterpreted this Verse as a compliment for Abu Dharr.  But I know which Verse this is and I don't see any evidence whatsoever to interpret Verse 9:100 as a compliment for any hadith narrator.

Whenever our scholars talk in detail about any hadith narrator, that person is always portrayed as the Prophet's (pbuh) best friend.  So, in this sermon Sheikh Kutty claims that Abu Dharr was the first person who met the Prophet (pbuh).  Okay, then what about the Abu Huraira, the commander-in-chief and gold medalist in the sphere of forgery, who is supposed to have narrated 40,000 ahadith in barely 3 years using the name of the Prophet (pbuh) with zero evidence of even meeting the Prophet ever in his entire life?  You'll never get an answer to that question, except that you'll be branded a "munkir-e-hadith" and a "deviant."

Now pay heed to this.  The sermon went on with reference to Abu Dharr's hadith quoted at the start of this post.  "There was no one more fair in speech than Abu Dharr" as claimed by Sheikh Kutty.   Now let's see how "fair of speech" he was.  Abu Dharr came from the "community of the poor" (we've read the same about Abu Huraira).  One day some folks who were poor asked the Prophet that they can't give charity for they are financially straightened. The Prophet said doesn't matter, saying SubhanAllah is charity, saying Allah-o-Akbar is charity, saying Alhumdulilah is charity, saying La ilaha ilAllah is charity, smiling cheerfully is charity, instructing right conduct is charity and forbidding evil is charity.  All that is fine .. I agree totally.  However, charity with good intent means monetary assistance for the poor, and if you can afford to give charity then you should not use zikr as a substitute for charity.   Both zikr(praising Allah) and charity have their own importance as has been clearly elucidated in the Noble Quran.

Continuing with the same hadith, suddenly Abu Dharr apparently lost his good sense (if ever he had any) claiming that the Prophet  said, "in the sexual act of each one of you there is a charity."  These are the sort of 'wait a minute' moments that pop up while reading Hadith which shocks the life out of every sane person.  Then, one of the companions asked how could sexual act be charity?  The reply was that if you indulge in illegal sex that would be worthy of punishment, so if you indulge in lawful sex (alluding to intimacy with spouse) would be worthy of reward.  Man!!  these guys aren't aware even of the basic etiquette of ethics or civilization!   Everyone knows that indulging in zina is completely HARAM, and sexual intimacy with spouse is completely HALAL.   But must it imply that sleeping with your wife can be categorized as an official substitute for the true and noble act of charity?   Consummating your relationship with your spouse is something very private and personal in everyone's life.  It's got nothing to do with "charity."  For the sake of Allah, please awaken folks.  The Prophet (pbuh) was a hugely dignified gentleman, highly courteous and very intelligent, Alhumdulilah.  He NEVER spoke this way to anyone, that's for sure.   Abu Dharr, clearly a man with a small mind, was obviously capable of talking as such but he should have at least had the decency to speak for himself and not forge the name of the beloved Final Messenger while spewing this sort of ordinary, nay lowly talk.

One of the very few things Sheikh Kutty said in this sermon that would be accepted as correct, something which I didn't expect from him, was that if a woman starts to unexpectedly menstruate during Umrah (I'm sure that would also apply for Hajj), her Umrah would still be accepted because this is a problem beyond her control.   This was followed by a story that Aisha went for Hajj with the Prophet and she began having her periods.  She was very grieved and began to weep.  The Prophet comforted her telling her not to worry, it wasn't her fault.  Definitely the Prophet was rational and sensible and this is precisely what he would say in such a situation, but we don't know if such an incident really happened as so many similar stories have been fabricated.

Sheikh Kutty describes the janaza (funeral) of Abu Dharr.   He says that the Prophet (pbuh) predicted Abu Dharr will live a loner and die a loner and will be raised alone on the Day of Resurrection.  Well, we know for sure that the Prophet (pbuh) NEVER guessed and predicted nothing.  Allah Almighty has confirmed no one knows the unseen which includes all Prophets, much less anyone knowing the unseen pertaining to the next world.  The Glorious Quran categorically states that the Prophet (pbuh) is NOT avid of the unseen. 

"Say: I am no new thing among the messengers (of Allah), nor know I what will be done with me or with you. I do but follow that which is inspired in me, and I am but a plain warner."   46:9. 

"Say:   For myself I have no power to benefit, nor power to hurt, save that which Allah wills. Had I knowledge of the Unseen, I should have abundance of wealth, and adversity would not touch me.  I am but a warner, and a bearer of good tidings unto folk who believe."  7:188. 

"Say:  None in the heavens and the earth knows the Unseen save Allah; and they know not when they will be raised (again)."  27:65.

"Say:  I am only a mortal like you.  My Rab inspires in me that your God is only One God. And whoever hopes for the meeting with his Rab, let him do righteous work, and make none sharer of the worship due unto his Lord."   18:110.

"Then say, :  The Unseen belongs to Allah.  So wait!  Indeed!  I am waiting with you."  10:20.

"Say:  I say not unto you (that) I possess the treasures of Allah, nor that I have knowledge of the Unseen; and I say not unto you:  Lo! I am an angel.  I follow only that which is inspired in me.  Say: Are the blind man and the seer equal ?  Will you not then take thought ?"  6:50.

I tell you folks, if you are a true Quran follower, listening to these lectures feels like sitting in a roadside cafe sipping  شاي (tea) and listening to a smug and self-righteous boss who barely know their  limits.  If my beloved Prophet's (pbuh) soul was to listen to the references galore they make to him, pinning up his name with strange and offensive narrations, his immediate reaction would be "WHAT????"

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 02:18:27 am »

Wa'salaam sister.  After a long time you've posted a lengthy and useful analysis of the hadith world that's devastating our beautiful Islam.  I so much appreciate the honesty of your logic.  I watched that sermon, thanks for the link too.  This sermon is a typical example where our scholars may mention one correct point and then wash it away with buckets of water mentioning a bunch of profound absurdities.

You won't imagine the lengthy tales our folks have made on Abu Dharr's meeting the Prophet (pbuh) and embracing Islam.  If only they had spent half that time reading and reflecting on the Noble Quran. 

The final hadith on Abu Dharr forging the name of the Prophet (pbuh) says "Abu Dharr, may Allah have mercy upon you. You'll live alone, die alone, rise from the dead alone and enter Paradise alone."   Ya Allah!  The Prophet (pbuh) would never even think of speaking as such.  They forget that the Final Messenger was a man chosen by Allah Almighty for his honesty and cleanness of the heart.  They make it sound as if the Final Messenger was some cult leader or a pir who could say whatever he pleased to his disciples.

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 02:35:02 am »

Such lectures have tremendous potential for misguidance of the naive.  Probably in this sermon Kutty is trying to lessen the pressure from the youth in regard to charitable spendings.  Most of our masjids keep asking for donations while they themselves donate nothing to the poor and needy Muslims.  Fine, if he's trying to tell those who are financially straightened that praising Allah and giving good advise is "charity," okay.  But the sheikh should have added that this shouldn't be an excuse for everyone including the well-to-do to dodge giving real charity, albeit whatever they can afford as superfluous money.  And as usual, the final point of every hadith is sunk in utter vulgarity.  "Sexual act" equivalent to charity?!  Abu Dharr al-Ghifari was not a sane person.  Yet storytellers are audacious enough to claim this man renounced Muwiyah's rule and went to Syria to preach the true teachings of the Prophet (pbuh).

Walaykum Salam and many thanks sister Heba for informing us on the recent state of mind of our scholars.  It still hasn't improved.

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 07:58:57 am »

They said, 'O Messenger of Allah, when one of us fulfills his sexual desire, will he have some reward for that?'

LaaughingAway

So now, hadith proclaims each time a man screws his wife, he gets a reward.   What next?   And Sheikh Kutty asserts that to know real Islam you need to follow this sort of stuff.

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 08:02:27 am »

lol  Cheesy   moronically crazy these guys .....
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 09:55:26 am »

"Shall I seek other than Allah for judge, when He it is Who has revealed unto you (this) Scripture, fully explained ?"  (6:114) Al-Anam.

Alhumdulilah and shukran ya Rab!

If only the hadithists knew their enormous error ..

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 10:10:35 am »

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 01:28:06 pm »

Exactly Sister Heba.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2023, 09:37:36 am »

And what kind of footprints have you left Mr. Kutty for saying dirty things like sexual act between spouses to be charity?
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2023, 09:39:54 am »

🤢

First of all saying something as false and vulgar as this, and then attributing it to the beloved Prophet (pbuh) ..... and then talking about the footprints of others.   O man give me a break!
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2023, 09:44:39 am »

Exactly .....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: