Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 01:45:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The impact of Coronavirus on our Mosques

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The impact of Coronavirus on our Mosques  (Read 1139 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: March 14, 2020, 07:27:20 pm »

As-Salaam Alaikum dear all. 

Many of our masjids have been compelled to cancel Jummah salat as well as daily congregational salats and have temporarily closed until further notice to help curb the spread of COVD-19.  Those Muslims who visited the masjids daily to offer the five obligatory prayers and Jummah, will have to offer the five prayers at home.  For Jummah, our only choice is to offer the regular Zohr.   Or, if some folks can organize a small gathering of close family and friends who are healthy, they can have a congregation at home of not more than 10 or 12 individuals.  Yet, while offering salat in small gatherings of family and friends, it's still necessary to take health precautions by standing 2 meters apart and preferably each person using a mask. 

Please remember to adhere to the requirements of hygiene to lessen the spread of infection.  Regular hand washing (with soap), avoiding large gatherings and travelling, avoiding touching eyes, nostrills and mouth with unwashed hands, carrying a hand sanitizer when you step out of your home for essential errands and using it frequently are some of the important tips.  If you're showing any flu-like symptoms, it's best to get yourself tested and stay in quarantine at home for 15 days.   

Please make special prayers to The Almighty to heal the world of this disease.  While it might be mild - just like an ordinary flu - for the majority, it's hugely unpredictable.  For some, it can be a situation of life and death, and several have died.   The very elderly and those with underlying health problems are the most vulnerable.  

The beautiful Kaa'ba at Mecca which was never seen without thousands and thousands thronging around it - remember the phrase "they say New York never sleeps, they haven't seen Kaa'ba yet" - is now beyond the bounds of visitors to curb the threat of Covid-19.    The 'before' and 'after' image as follows says it all.

The Holy Kaa'ba in Mecca that is bustling with people not only during the season of Hajj but all year round.  Here is how it looked until February 27, 2020 shortly prior to the ban on visiting it, to control the spread of coronavirus.

March 5, 2020 here is how it looked after the visits of all pilgrims from outside the country were banned.  The entire place is now being sterilized and sanitized. 

Only Allah can help to alleviate this misery.  Please keep praying sincerely.  Ameen ya Rab, ameen. 

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 09:22:06 pm »

Wa'salam and big thanks for this announcement my Sister.   Al-Aqsa Masjid has also closed for the same reason. 

A very unprecedented catastrophe.   Even in medieval times leprosy and plague weren't so uncontrollable.  The way humans have been going on flouting the instructions of Allah, I'm not surprised this punishment has suddenly descended in global proportions.  My only prayer to HIM is, may HE keep HIS obedient slaves safe, and those who have taken the trouble to awaken and help each other.  Ameen.

My heart sinks at the daily rise of cases in this pandemic.  Not to mention the economic downturn and financial loss of millions of working and business families.  But those issues can wait.  Most important of all is to fight the pandemic (or flatten the curve as they say).  According to statistics, 1 person is dying and at least 5 getting infected every 10 minutes and every 30 minutes, respectively, in countries like Iran, Spain and Italy.

The other thing for which I pray to Allah is to save the war torn and occupied regions from this pandemic, places like Syria, Yemen, Palestine's Gaza & West Bank, occupied Kashmir and the Rohingya camps.   In Gaza for example, there are 2 million people with only 200 test-swab kits and 20 respirators.  One can imagine what would happen if the spread gets rampant.  I hate to drag politics, but facts are facts.  Israel has kept over 900,000 test kits for itself while giving away only a few hundreds to Gaza and West Bank.  Similar callousness is being inflicted by India on Kashmir, imprisoning innocent people in crowded prisons, increasing their chances to getting infected. And like Gaza, Kashmir is also blockaded.  Then, look at the toll it's taken in Iran!  The mortality rate would have been reduced half or more if USA withdrew sanctions.  Iran has run short of hospital supplies including the much needed respirators, masks and gloves.  Scores of Iranian doctors have died with the virus because they performed swab tests on patients without gloves and mask. 

My family and I are so overwhelmed, often left speechless.  May Allah Almighty take us safely through this very troubling times so our Masjids reopen and are seen full of worshipers again.  May The Almighty keep all of you safe, sisters and brother of MV, and may The Almighty keep all our guests and visitors safe.  Ameen ya Rab.

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 09:42:50 pm »

I can connect with every sentence you stated Sister Heba.   Frankly I've never been so overwhelmed all my life.  It was very nice talking to you, Sister Ruhi and Brother TS on email couple of days ago.  May Allah Almighty be with us.  Ameen.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 09:51:07 pm »

The rich and resourceful governments and entities are hugely responsible.  SARS happened 17 years ago.  Though it wasn't as widespread (by the Mercy of Allah), the respiratory illness it caused was more serious.  Covid-19 has a similar genetic variant as SARS.  So, when SARS happened back in 2003, what made the developed world assume it won't happen again?  They're now scrambling for a vaccine when they had 17 years in the recent past  to develop it.  Instead they only wasted money on wars and occupations.  If the world had a vaccine for SARS, it would give immunity for Covid-19 as well.  That means, by now most of the world population would have been vaccinated for the virus of this genetic variant.  In all likelihood, there would have been no pandemic, just a few isolated cases at worst and that too no different from the common flu.   Instead, look what!

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 09:53:50 pm »

I couldn't agree with you more brother. 
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 09:55:27 pm »

Any chances of a vaccine any time soon?
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 10:00:41 pm »

Not soon, but InshAllah, hopefully there is a chance it will be there in future.  Researchers have already started working on it around the world.  It's possible some vaccines might be in the experimental stages within the next 6 months or so.  But for something to be ready that works and is also safe to human health in other respects will not be around until at least one year .... could be longer. 
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 10:04:44 pm »

They will have to get through fast with the experimental stages.  It reminds me, when the Ebola outbreak happened in Africa in 2014, the vaccine was already there but in its experimental stages since few years earlier.  It could't be used during the outbreak.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 10:05:28 pm »

That's right sister.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 10:08:29 pm »

And what about those who've already got it and were fortunate to recover?  Can they have immunity or can they get it again?   I read a few reports of China, people saying they got it twice in the same pandemic season.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 10:12:36 pm »

No one knows that for sure yet.  This is a new virus and the medical researchers know very little about it until now, just as they still don't know enough about the SARS virus as brother stated.  Those few reports from China could not be confirmed by piecing together every bit of their stories.  It has not been confirmed that when they felt ill a second time, had they already recovered 100% from the first infection?  If not, then it's a relapse or a continuation of the first one.  I don't know if patients who have recovered around the world are being tested again to check if they are 100% negative.  Anyone who tested positive at first, then recovered after a few weeks, then tested 100% negative to confirm their recovery, and then again felt ill and tested positive would definitely prove one can get it more than once.  But I don't know of any such story yet. 

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 10:16:22 pm »

I see.   And what about the scrappy reports that some people tested positive but have been symptomless?  Can the symptomless ones be carriers and infect others?
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 10:18:27 pm »

Yes it's true that quite a few have been asymptomatic.  But whether or not they can infect others is again not known to medical professionals.  At the moment they presume it's unlikely.   Only Allah knows best.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: