Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at Zainab's Lounge, accessible from Muslim Villa's Guestbook Board (top sticky post titled "Zainab's Lounge"). Approval of members is at the discretion of the MV Team. You have arrived at a place of serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Sublime Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
November 27, 2020, 05:09:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hadith - Blessing on scholar sounds inappropriate with too much hyperbole

+-
Shoutbox
July 07, 2020, 11:23:26 am N. Truth Seeker: InshAllah, vaccine will come but might take a bit of time.
July 07, 2020, 11:22:43 am Heba E. Husseyn: Exactly ... !
July 07, 2020, 11:22:10 am Zeynab: World stuck in a pandemic desperately needs a vaccine.
July 07, 2020, 11:21:18 am N. Truth Seeker: lol true.
July 07, 2020, 11:20:59 am N. Truth Seeker: Very soon it will be neck deep.
July 07, 2020, 11:20:23 am Heba E. Husseyn: Dr. Fauci in US says country is knee-deep in pandemic.
May 30, 2019, 06:15:49 am Zeynab: Alhudulilah, yes sister Ruhi.  Time flies in this fleeting world.  May Allah The Almighty accept our hard work in the permanent world.  That's the real success.
May 30, 2019, 03:43:58 am Ruhi_Rose: Jumaa-tul-widaa (farewell to Ramadan) tomorrow Friday 31.  How time flies!  Ya Allah, keep us close to Your mercy.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hadith - Blessing on scholar sounds inappropriate with too much hyperbole  (Read 1234 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 28, 2006, 01:51:45 am »

Definitely the Prophet (pbuh) never said this as he had no knowledge of the unseen.  Such information is only with Allah Almighty alone.

The hadith claims:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God and His angels, the dwellers of the Heavens and of the Earth, even an ant in its hole and fish (in the depths of the sea), invoke blessings on (a scholar) who teaches people righteousness."
(Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 70)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please read the above Hadith carefully.  It has been passed as authentic but I have my doubts because it sounds contrary to Quranic dictates.   

It's true that people with genuine knowledge who invite others to learning and righteousness are special.  Yet, after all, they are human beings.  The kind of infinite praise this Hadith mentions about them is something clearly reserved for the Almighty Allah alone.  We all know for sure that in the Quraan such an extensive form of praise is only stated concerning Allah and none else.  Keeping this fact in mind, the question arises that would the Prophet (pbuh) utter such exaggerated speech for other mortals when the Quraan doesn't mention this kind of glorification even for the former Prophets?

Therefore, personally, I would give a different and lower degree of acceptance to such a concept.

Allah-o-Alim.  only Allah knows best.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 02:02:24 am »

salamem

very good observation, cat.  it seems to me that these hadeeth writers are taking the Quraanic concepts and using it to highlight their own ideologies.  it's disappointing that Tirmidhi also mentions such stuff.  out of the three collections (i.e. Bukhari, Muslin bin Hajaj and Tirmidhi), i found Tirmidhi to be the most reasonable, relatively, until i read this one.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 02:17:24 am »

salamem

maybe Tirmizi wrote it this way to emphasise on discipline and respect for the ulemas.  a lot of emphasis might bring little respect.  little emphasis would bring no respect.  got my point?
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 02:27:12 am »

salamem

maybe Tirmizi wrote it this way to emphasise on discipline and respect for the ulemas. a lot of emphasis might bring little respect. little emphasis would bring no respect. got my point?

wsalam

yeah got your point.  but that isn't the point, persian.  i agree that intent counts.  but even if one is propagating a good thing it must be on the basis of ethics and truth.  we know the Prophet (pbuh) wouldn't say such things.  yet this hadith writer is trying to propagate something by using the Prophet's name.  That's unethical becoz it means u r trying to spread truth with the help of deception. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: