Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 05:04:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Tomorrow is never guaranteed to anyone

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tomorrow is never guaranteed to anyone  (Read 536 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« on: March 15, 2021, 08:47:32 pm »

BismEm

Salam and peace dear all.   

This happens with many unfortunate folks, right?    The commonest take even among many Muslims is "new year's resolution."   So, what might be the fate of such a person?   We were discussing this issue on our virtual weekly meeting the other day.   Someone asked that since intentions are important in the Sight of Allah, will this person be rewarded in the Hereafter for his future decision and good deeds (which he was unable to carry out in this dunya because of sudden death)?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:54:34 pm »

Wa'Salam.  Thoughtful question, Sister Ruhi.    It depends on the level of that person's honesty and sincerity when they make the resolve, and that is known to Allah only.   Many people make these kind of pledges and promises.  But how many do really carry them out?   Not many, as we often see, ha? 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 08:59:43 pm »

Walaykom Salam.   It's true that some of our past deeds continue to affect our record after death.

"We record that which they send before (them), and their footprints."  Noble Quran 36:12.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 09:01:49 pm »

Yeah, very true brother .. but she's asking about deeds not yet performed, only the intentions they made and then the person passed away. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 09:29:39 pm »

O I see.  Yes, as I now read more carefully, that's clearly defined.    Sorry for the oversight.    As Sister Heba said, depends on every individual's intention.   If the intention was sincere, it's possible The Almighty may grant them the fruits of their good intentions, even if they weren't carried out because of unexpected death.  But this cannot be confirmed by us.  Only Allah knows that person's real objective and strength of their determination.  After all, as far as the reward of Allah is concerned, the basic principle is that it can be acquired by those who work for it.  "And that man has only that for which he makes effort,"  (53:39).   Otherwise it won't be fair for the hard workers who have transformed their good intent into good deeds.   So, even if a person is granted blessings for their good intentions without being able to act on them because of death, the blessings may likely be lesser than if that person had carried them out practically.  This is my opinion.  Only Allah knows best.  

Also, there's another very important point that needs to be mentioned.  A person who really harbors serious intentions to turn their lives around for the better and for the sake of Allah, will never set a future time to start performing their good deeds.  This isn't a theatrical show.  It's about working for our permanent future in the Hereafter.  It's very serious matter.   Once a person sincerely grasps the Truth and begins to realize how vital it is, they will never want to wait or delay even by a minute to start their new approach to life.  They will want to start immediately to earn maximum blessings;  they will know time is limited in this world and the duration of life is uncertain, that they can be called by Allah any time.   I don't mean to judge, but to say that "I will change tomorrow or next week or next month" etc. is itself a sign of insincerity ... like playing games with your iman (Astaghfar'Allah).   

So, in my opinion, the good intentions of a believer which they couldn't carry out because of sudden death is more likely to be accepted than those who make dramas out of their lives with future resolves and promises for belief and good deeds .... or even in the case of a person claiming to be a believer but their deeds are unworthy.

Hope I've made my meaning clear.

Related post:
Can Allah's blessings be acquired without working for it?

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 09:45:16 pm »

Also, there's another very important point that needs to be mentioned.  A person who really harbors serious intentions to turn their lives around for the better and for the sake of Allah, will never set a future time to start performing their good deeds.  This isn't a theatrical show.  It's about working for our permanent future in the Hereafter.  It's very serious matter.   Once a person sincerely grasps the Truth and begins to realize how vital it is, they will never want to wait or delay even by a minute to start their new approach to life.  They will want to start immediately to earn maximum blessings;  they will know time is limited in this world and the duration of life is uncertain, that they can be called by Allah any time.   I don't mean to judge, but to say that "I will change tomorrow or next week or next month" etc. is itself a sign of insincerity ... like playing games with your iman (Astaghfar'Allah).   

So, in my opinion, the good intentions of a believer which they couldn't carry out because of sudden death is more likely to be accepted than those who make dramas out of their lives with future resolves and promises for belief and good deeds .... or even in the case of a person claiming to be a believer but their deeds are unworthy.

Hope I've made my meaning clear.

Absolutely brother.  I understand you perfectly.   MashAllah, may Allah Almighty reward you for your very sensible perception.   Putting up a future time for coming or returning to guidance from misguidance is by itself not symbolic of sincerity.  If the person had truly understood the gravity of the matter, they would quit the darkness that engulfs them and rush to the light of guidance right away without wasting another moment.   That complacency (more often than not) that "I will change on such and such day or time" is symbolic of a laggard, not a sincere person.  Anyone who thinks I'm "judging," I sure am and I'm proud of it.  Judging is a very positive characteristic if utilized with honesty for an honest purpose.  Without careful judgment of a situation or your own life, the path of Truth will appear blurry, and that's what those on the side of misguidance peddle.

Thanks brother.

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 09:56:53 pm »

Lots a thanks brother and sister.   Your rational explication makes the issue so clear.  Alhumdulilah. 

Br. TS, I'll print your comment and read it at the next meeting when this topic is taken up again, Insh'Allah.   

And I'll follow the copyright etiquette 😉   I won't claim I wrote it, I'll say it's from my brother.

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 10:08:58 pm »

You are most welcome to present it, Sister Ruhi.   Thank you.

And ...  😅   .....

that "copyright" stuff is least important to me.   My rationale is to share knowledge, not lock it up for copyright reasons.  It's the sharing of beneficial contents that matter, not the name of its author.    You can say you wrote it and I would be just as happy sister.

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 10:14:22 pm »

Aw!  how nice of you dear brother.  But nah, I'll surely mention it's from you 😊
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 07:27:37 pm »

Walaikum As-Salaam. 

Very interesting thread indeed, Subhan'Allah.   It reminds me vividly of a true story many years ago in my country of origin, concerning a family we knew.  They had three children, two daughters and a son who was the youngest.  Except the son, they were all people of strong Faith with plenty of love and fear of Allah. The 18-year-old son was a carefree youth; often days would pass by he wouldn't offer a single salah.  He was already into girlfriends, dating and smoking.  His parents and sisters knew of his shortcomings and weren't at all pleased with him.   They felt his set of teenage buddies weren't a good lot and their negative influence had ruined him.  One day he told his parents not to worry, that he just wanted to enjoy his teenage years and  would change on the day of his 20th birthday, leaving his teenage life behind him, once and for all.  To what extent he was serious is known to Allah Almighty alone.  According to his family he spoke light-heartedly.  Two months before his 20th birthday he was traveling in a car with two of his friends. He was on the driver's seat.  The speeding car skidded on a rainy day and pounded against a tall tree with a broad trunk.  The yet 19-year-old died instantly of massive head injuries.  The two friends survived with minor trauma. 

The incident was so tragic, don't know what to say.   The grief was doubled for his family for they knew the young man's soul wasn't at its cleanest when he left for his final journey.

Everyone needs the protection of Allah Almighty to save themselves from heedlessness.   One must never delay any good deed they want to perform for the benefit of their soul.  Indeed, tomorrow isn't guaranteed to any one.

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 07:39:48 pm »

😯😥

Really? 

The ones I feel truly sorry for are the parents and siblings.   How restlessly helpless one would feel to know that one of their own family members will likely get little or no maghfirah ....

Thanks for sharing sis .. what an overwhelming occurrence!

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 08:05:56 pm »

One of the most distressing stories I've ever known or heard .... 😟
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: