Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 20, 2024, 07:56:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Masjid al-Jinn and Wadi-e-Jinn

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Masjid al-Jinn and Wadi-e-Jinn  (Read 627 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 08, 2022, 03:16:15 pm »

As-Salam Alaykum dear MV folks.   

Are Masjid al-Jinn and Wadi-e-Jinn located in the Arabian peninsula or somewhere in the north like Egypt or Palestine?

A relative of mine was saying that the Quran refers to Masjid al-Jinn.

Would appreciate much if someone can provide basic info on these two topics.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 04:59:10 pm »

Walaikum As-Salaam dear Sister Ruhi.   

Masjid al-Jinn

No, I would not say that the Noble Quran refers to Masjid al-Jinn.  Rather, the Quran refers to an incident in which a group of jinn listened and liked the contents of the Noble Quran.  This is referred to in Surah Al-Jinn, Verses 1-4.   This Surah was revealed in Makkah shortly prior to the Hijrah (Prophet’s [pbuh] migration to Medinah).

“Say (O Muhammad): It is revealed unto me that a company of the Jinn gave ear, and they said: Indeed! we have heard a marvellous Qur'an,”  (72:1)  Al-Jinn.

“Which guides unto righteousness, so we believe in it and we ascribe no partner unto our Rab.”   (72:2)  Al-Jinn.

“And (we believe) that He - exalted be the glory of our Rab! - has taken neither wife nor son,”   (72:3)  Al-Jinn.

“And that the foolish one among us used to speak concerning Allah an atrocious lie.”   72:4  (Al-Jinn).

Later on, a small mosque was built at the spot which people surmise was the place where the jinn had listened to the Quran.  This mosque is called Masjid al-Jinn and it is located in Makkah.   It exists until the present.

Verses 72:1-4 as quoted above are self explanatory.   Other than these 4 Verses, there is no other information on this incident or anything similar in the Noble Quran.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/dyGaUjp.jpg[img]

As usual, the traditionalists have drafted at least two forged hadiths on this topic with details that have NO connections with the contents of the Noble Quran at all.    I don’t have those ahadith at the moment and neither are they worth anyone’s time.

Wadi-e-Jinn (Valley of Jinn)

Wadi-e-Jinn, which in English translates as ‘Valley of the jinn’ is not mentioned in the Quran neither does it have any spiritual significance in the Quran.  But this place does exist near Madinah with an interesting story.  It’s located about 30 km north-west of the city, it is surrounded by hills.  It has been known for centuries that the jinn reside in this valley and the place is quite mysterious. It is quiet with little or no habitation, no stores or eateries, clear blue sky and a lovely view of the surroundings.  Visitors need to carry their own food and water with them.  A lot of people are interested in visiting Wadi-e-Jinn, the fascination arising from their curiosity of the jinn.  Many visitors say the view of early morning sunrise is particularly beautiful and vivid.

One of the most mysterious and inexplicable stories about Wadi-e-Jinn is that cars move on the road without the driver touching the steering.  A lot of people visited the valley to experience this occurrence themselves.  They turned off the ignition and put the car on neutral mode. Yet the car moved on its own, and that too up the slope .. in upward direction.  Reportedly some cars have moved without a human driver as fast as 120 km / hour.

People also observed that water on the road flowed upward instead of down the slope.

Locals who have stayed in the valley at night say they have heard voices demanding them to leave saying “You don’t belong here. This is our place.” Only Allah knows to what extent this is correct.

But human visitors have been left completely confused and bewildered.

These puzzling occurrences became so widely known that at some point scientists also visited Wadi-e-Jinn in an effort to find some logical reasons for these strange occurrences.

Geological experts claimed water flowing upward could be due to ‘reverse gravity,’ a natural phenomenon that occurs in rocky mountains.  But on researching this explanation we found that “reverse gravity” is just a hypothetical phenomenon.  In reality there is no “reverse gravity” in this world.  In fact there is no such thing as zero gravity in space either. Gravity is everywhere in the universe.   Some other experts came with another theory that Wadi-e-Jinn is a spot with strong magnetic field creating optic illusions causing downhill slope look uphill. But again, the fact is that this kind of high magnetic force to create such an extraordinary optic illusion is sometimes found only in the north and south poles. As you go farther from the poles, the force gets weaker. In the center of the globe, as is the location of the Arabian peninsula, the force is a lot weaker and cannot be strong enough to have optic illusions at such amazing levels.  Thus, simply put, the experts could not explain the strange occurrences with unerring analysis.

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 05:04:03 pm »

Images below of Wadi-e-Jinn.

I don't know why these images weren't coming with my first post without blocking a portion of it.  I wonder if it was the jinn phenomenon 😄
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 05:08:38 pm »

I don't know why these images weren't coming with my first post without blocking a portion of it.  I wonder if it was the jinn phenomenon

😅

But nice images, ha?

And very, very interesting read.  So, in regard to Verses 72:1-4, we don’t know how the jinn heard the Quran.  Did they hear some other jinn reading it or some human?   

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 05:14:45 pm »

No, the Quran does not confirm that point.  It only mentions that there was a segment of the jinn who heard the Noble Quran and appreciated it.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 05:23:21 pm »

Walaykom Salam.   My family and me have visited Wadi-e-Jinn during early afternoon after one of our Umrah trips.  There feels something unusual about the atmosphere, and the solitude is extremely peaceful.  I wonder how silent the place would be at night when all visitors depart.

Regarding V.72:1 of Surah Al-Jinn, it’s obvious that the Prophet (pbuh) did not know about this occurrence.  It is Allah Almighty Who informed the Prophet.  Yet, the two hadiths on this topic claim that the Prophet (pbuh) announced to everyone that the jinn were coming.  The second hadith is even more absurd in which the jinn supposedly asked for provisions. Totally senseless!

These two ahadith linked to this event with evidence-free details NOT given in the Quran are as follows:  Both narrated by some Abdullah bin Masood, whoever he was.  One is compiled by Ibn Kathir, the other in the collection of Sahih Muslim.   Both sources merit doubts at levels of 100% forgery.

First hadith:
Abdullah bin Mas’ood (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates, “While in Makkah, the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) once said to the Sahabah (may Allah be pleased with them), ‘Whoever wishes to see what the Jinn are all about should come along’. Besides myself no-one else came. When we reached the place in the Ma’la district of Makkah the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used his foot to draw a circle on the ground. He then instructed me to sit inside the circle. After proceeding a little further, the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) started reciting the Quran. It then happened that Jinn started to arrive in troops as they gathered there. So many came that I could not even see the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) nor hear him. The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) then continued talking with a group of them until Fajr. (Tafseer ibn e Kaseer).

Second hadith:
It has also been narrated by Abdullah bin Mas’ood (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, “A caller from among the jinn came to me, and I went with him and recited Quran to them.” He further narrates that the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) took them and showed them their footsteps and the traces of their fires. They had asked him for provision and he had prayed to Allah and told them, “You will have every bone over which the name of Allah has been mentioned; when it falls into your hands it will have plenty of meat on it. And all droppings are food for your animals.” Then the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, “Do not use them (bones and dung) to clean yourselves after relieving yourselves, for they are the food of your brothers.” [Sahih Muslim]
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 05:26:56 pm »

Completely absurd.  And what the heck do the last few lines of the second one mean?   “all droppings food for your animals” ????   Are animals supposed to feed on shit ?  And not to use bones and dung to clean your back after defecating ??   WTF are the narrator and compiler talking ?  Were they on dope when they committed this forgery ?
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 05:29:16 pm »

Complete damn nonsense.  Just ignore the hadith rubbish.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 05:31:50 pm »

Bin Masood the narrator and bin Hajaj the compiler are the real pieces of dung.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 05:32:46 pm »

😆
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: