Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 19, 2024, 02:23:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

That talk about the return of Mahdi

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: That talk about the return of Mahdi  (Read 1453 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 26, 2007, 04:39:31 am »

BismEm

The Glorious Quraan tells us loud and clear that the Last Day will come "unawares."  This means that it will come suddenly without any warning signals when people will be least expecting it.

"Nay, but it will come upon them unawares so that it will stupefy them, and they will be unable to repel it, neither will they be reprieved."  21:40  Al-Anbiya 

Yet there are so many hadith narrations that talk about "signs" of the Last Day.  There's one notion according to hadith that says the Last Day will be on a Friday, and on that Friday the sun will rise from the West and set towards the East.  This means we will get a 'notice' of several hours before Doomsday takes place.  Indeed, this blatantly contradicts the Quran. 

There are many other such stories.

But the most widely accepted sign of Qaiamah (The Last Day) according to the myth of hadith is supposed to be the return of Mahdi.  Like the bulk of Hadith ideologies, this too has been borrowed from the Bible. The Christians believe that Jesus, son of Mary, (peace on them both) will return. Thus, Hadith propagates the same notion.  Also, it goes a step further in this concocted copy-cat theory by saying that Imam Mahdi will also return.   The re-appearance of both Jesus, son of Mary, and Imam Mahdi is supposed to signify the 'end of time.'  Again, it means we'll get plenty of warning before the Last Day actually takes place.  And again, a clear contradiction of the what Allah has confirmed in the Quraan many times that the Last Day will arrive suddenly.  Both sects, Shiias and Sunnis, blindly accept the stories of return of Jesus and Mahdi without bothering to reflect on the Words of Allah.

Imam Mahdi is a 13th generation descendent of Prophet Muhammad (SAAW) of the line of Fatimah Zahra.  Of course, there's NO mention of Mahdi in the Quran. 

Traditionalists and also modernists like Yahya Harun and others blindly accept the stories of return of Jesus and Mahdi, and confound the Ummah yet more.  Although the flaws of these fractured tales are very easy to catch, the Ummah prefers to intentionally blurr its vision. 

It goes without saying that the Noble Quran gives us NO reason to believe in such notions. The Quran tells us that Jesus, son of Mary, did not die on the cross, and that the Almighty Allah made him ascend unto Him.  There's NO mention nor any references of Jesus returning again.   

"And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah son of Mary, Allah's messenger  They slew him not nor crucified, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture ; they slew him not for certain,"   4:157  An-Nissa

"But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, wise."  4:158  An Nissa

"(And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering you and causing you to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing you of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow you above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me you will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein you used to differ."  3:55   Al-Imran

Thus, as sincere believers, we need to believe completely in what Allah has said to us.  Nothing more and nothing less.  Otherwise we will make ourselves guilty of constructing lies about Allah - an enormous sin!

"See, how they invent lies about Allah! That of itself is flagrant sin."  4:50  An-Nissa

The principles of the Glorious Quran make it crystal clear that once any living being leaves this earthly world and goes to the other realm, there's no coming back again.  And Ressurection will only take place on the Day of Judgement.

To give an idea of the cooked up tales created by the Sunnis and Shiias on the Essa / Mahdi issue (much like the fictions of the Bible and Torah writers), the following are some sad and appaling gossips:

According to scholar Moojan Momen, signs that Sunni and Shi'a are agreed upon include the following:

- The Mahdi will be a descendant of Muhammad of the line of Fatimah.
- His name will be as the name of Muhammad.
- He and Isa (Jesus) will rule for either 40 years (though these years are consisted of days not necessarily the same as 24 hour days)
- His coming will be accompanied by the appearance of the Ad-Dajjal (the 'Great Deceiver').
- There will be a lunar and solar eclipse within the same month of Ramadan
- A star with a luminous tail will rise from the East before the Mahdi emerges.
- He will restore faith to its original form and eradicate moral corruption.
- He will have a broad forehead, a prominent nose, and his eyes will be naturally mascaraed
- He will fill the world with justice and fairness at a time when the world will be filled with oppression.

To read my interaction on this topic at Afghan Forums, click HERE.
A couple of unruly users at AF have gone pathetically off topic, dragging me into it.  My apologies for that.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 02:27:44 am »

I guess bukhari felt impressed by the idea of the roman catholic church making up the story of Jesus (son of Mary), peace be on them, returning to earth.  So he (bukhari) chalked out a similar story regarding Mehdi.  There's nothing difficult to perceive about this.  The poor ummah purposely wants to be blind, so what can anyone do about that, right?
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 04:25:59 am »

Salaams sis zeynab.  Thanks for attaching the Mahdi thread of Afghan forums as well.  Member Bilal's stuff is the usual bantering and bickerings of anger.  The other one, Rawan Shenas, who eventually turned no different, keeps repeating the same thing over and over again.  It's surprising how conveniently he is using some of the verses of the Quran for the purpose of defending the Hadith when he surely knows full well that that logic does not correspond to neither raising Jesus son of Mary nor Mahdi.  I like your response to the points raised by Shenas.  It would be nice if you elucidate similar points for our readers here.  Thanks again sis  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 04:32:01 am »

Haven't the bigots of Afghan forum read the following verse? 
Then why are they purposely making such guesses about Allah (SWT)?

(O man), follow not that whereof you have no knowledge. Indee, the hearing and the sight and the heart - of each of these it will be asked. (17:36)

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 03:20:26 am »

many thanks for the comments, sisters heba and ruhi. 

yeah, these people at afghan forums are totally crazy.  just too bigoted and too obstinate.  the typical afghan tradition, outcome of little or no brains. 

sure rose, I'll elucidate some of those points here.  just gimme a few days.  InshAllah I'll write more on this topic. 

Allah bless.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:21:44 pm »

by the way .... would anyone know which are the hadiths that mention about the return of Mahdi?  I know for sure hadith literature is full of this incorrect information but I'm trying to find out which collections.  I hastily checked Bukhari yesterday but couldn't see it.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 11:55:07 pm »

Return of Mahdi is not mentioned in Bukhari and Muslim bin Hajaj collections.  This is stated in the collections of Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah and Ahmed which are just as widely read and accepted among hadith followers.  It is reported something to the effect that Bukhari had  differences with some of his contemporaries on more general issues, so he excluded from his collections whatever they wanted to include.  So he excluded the subject of Mahdi as one of those.  Bukhari didn't exclude the topic on return of Mahdi on the basis of its non-compatibility with the Quraan, but he excluded it because of 'workplace politics' .... so to say. 

But Bukhari and Muslims ahadith do mention the return of Essa, an information which is just as incompatible with the contents of the Noble Quraan as the return of Mahdi.

Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "By the One in whose hand is my soul, soon the son of Mary will descend upon you as a just judge. He will break the crosses, kill the swine and will put an end to the jizya. And wealth will spread to the extent that on one will accept it."  (Bukhari)

In another narration from Abu Huraira, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "How will you be when the son of Mary descends among you and your leader will be from among yourselves?" [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

There are many more such narrations in al-Bukhari and al-Muslim collections on the return of Jesus, son of Mary.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 12:22:34 am »

Right.  well put.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 03:55:07 am »

For this topic, also check out the site: Quran as it explains itself
Report Spam   Logged

sara123

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 07:34:03 pm »

And there is none among the people of the Book but shall surely believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Judgement he shall be a witness against them. (159)an-nisa
can u clear that to me.
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 10:26:06 pm »

Salaams sister Sara.  I think my colleague, Sister Heba, did explain this verse to you in response to your comment on The story of Dajjal.   I quote Verse 159 of Surah An-Nissa and sister Heba's explanation of it as follows:

"There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them -"  4:159 (Surah An-Nissa)

Quoting siter Heba's explanation:
.. referring to the Christians, that none of them will believe that Essa wasn't crucified till the Day of Judgment when Essa himself will be a witness to testifiy their lie and confirm that he was not crucified.Unquote: 

Let me re-explain this verse in my own words by elaborating it a litte for a clearer understanding.  This verse might seem a bit hard to understand accurately because of the grammatical usage involved in direct translation from Arabic to English.  But if you carefully concentrate, it's very easy to follow.

The first part of the verse which states "There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death," this means that none of the Christians (and probably also includes the Jews) will believe in the truth of Essa being taken up unto the heavens by Allah.  "him" refers to Essa.  "before his death" refers to the Christians, meaning they will not believe in the truth of his ascendency but will continue to believe in the falsehood of his dying on the cross. The christians will persist in this false belief that Essa was crucified until the day of their death. 

Then coming to the second part of Verse 4:159 which states "and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them -"   This means that on the Day of Judgment when the Christians are raised for questioning, on that Day Essa will be a witness against all those christians who did not believe in the truth of Essa's ascendency and instead believed in the false presumption of his dying on the cross.  "he will be a witness" refers to Essa.  And "against them" refers to the christians.

It's also important to know that this verse has nothing to do with the Hadith story of return of Essa.  The Noble Quran only confirms that Prophet Essa did not die on the cross, instead he was taken up into the heavens by Allah's command.  But the Noble Quran does NOT confirm anywhere that Essa will return in future.  This is an unfounded story from Hadith and does  not conform with the Quran. 

The ascendency of Essa and the return of Essa are two very different matters.  The former is mentioned in the Quran, but the latter is not.  The story about the return of Mahdi has exactly the same discrepancy as the return of Essa.  Both are Hadith stories and flatly unauthentic.

Hope it's clear now.  Any further questions will be welomed for clarification.
Report Spam   Logged

sara123

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 01:46:49 pm »

Salaam Sister
Thankyou for help in explaining the verses i was confused but i am satisfy now thank you.my English is not good i hardly understand that language.i hope u dont mind it.
with regards.
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 03:31:16 am »

You are welcomed, sister.  Don't worry about your English, it's fine. 
Walaikum Salaam ..
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 07:58:13 pm »

Regarding the Mahdi issue .... briefly and realistically put,  it was clearly a political kidnapping, kidnapped because he was next in line for the imamat.  Every political system in every era had (and has) adversaries.   When Imam Mahdi disappeared he was reportedly 6 or 7 years old, just a little child.  He definitely must have been kidnapped and either given away to an orphanage or sold to a foster home or at worst harmed.  In those days with no means of effective co-ordination between law enforcement institutions, majority of such crimes would go unsolved.

Only Allah knows the real truth, but this is my opinion.  And I can confirm there will be no return of Mahdi because the Quran does not confirm it, does not even broadly hint on it.  The Quran does not even hint nor say about the return of Essa son of Virgin Maryam
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 08:00:15 pm »

Exactly, political abduction is what I had in mind too.

Such stories are basically constructed by clerics as a means to sooth and comfort the masses during times of distress and helplessness.  These tales are further spiced up to heighten inspiration with exaggerations in the forms of songs, poems and theatrical rhetorics.  Its only purpose is to help the frustrated masses of a community to feel somewhat vindicated.  Furthermore, such unfounded stories can also be very detrimental for the society because their broader goal is to make pacifists out of people and add to their lethargy.  For example, if the people of a country or community are unhappy with their corrupt leader or government, the false and mythical ideas of return of Mahdi or return of Jesus teaches them to simply wait, to be sedentary and do nothing practical to resolve their problem.  In other words, these myths often snatch away the desire to strive for the eradication of corruption and self-improvement.  In difficult times an adherent of such stories will merely say "O! be patient, these are signs of Mahdi.  He will come and all will be fine."  As a result, nothing constructive ever gets done and these naive faithfuls keep waiting till it's time for their souls to return to Allah.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: