Tweet Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at our guest book otherwise their registrations will be DELETED immediately. This is a read-only forum. Approval of members is up to the MV team, depending on your guest book introduction. Thanks!
Muslim Villa
September 01, 2014, 07:24:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Jeff Rense (rense.com)

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hadith on beard - lies reaching their peak!

+-
Shoutbox
August 18, 2014, 02:07:13 am Zeynab: Wa'Salaam. Alhumdulilah, fine Sister.
August 16, 2014, 06:12:34 pm muslima: Aoa dear sisters and brother's how R u guys ? Smiley  I hope and pray everyone doing good inshAllah ??
July 29, 2014, 09:41:51 pm Zeynab: Ameen my bro and sis Smiley
July 29, 2014, 09:21:38 pm Heba: Ameen bro TS Smiley ameen.  It's been a month which provided us with a great sense of accomplishment too. I only pray to Allah for acceptance.  Nothing more important than that.
July 28, 2014, 02:59:12 am Truth Seeker: Farewell to the blessed month of Ramadan. May Allah accept our fasting, prayers and supplications. Ameen.
July 13, 2014, 07:57:43 pm Zeynab: Alhumdulilah, 15th Ramadan.  So far all is going fine thru the long hours.  May Allah help us thru safely and accept our efforts.  Ameen.
July 12, 2014, 06:47:15 pm Heba: Salams from me to! Smiley  and wow!  How busy we've been, Alhumdulilah.  By the time I looked up our shout box, the first 14 days are over.  SubhanAllah.
July 08, 2014, 07:52:48 pm Ruhi_Rose: Salams all.  Can u imagine guys .. 1st 10 days of Ramadan is already over. That's the speed with which time flies!!  Alhumdulilah.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hadith on beard - lies reaching their peak!  (Read 981 times)
Ruhi_Rose
Member of the website team.

Rating: 16

Mom of three cute rascals :)

« on: July 08, 2007, 04:02:51 pm »

Abu Hurayrah " reported that the ruler of Yemen, appointed by the Persian emperor Kisra, sent two envoys to the Messenger !. When they came into his presence, he noticed that they had shaved their beards and let their moustaches grow big. Hating their ugly appearance, he turned his face away and said, “Woe be to you, who told you to do so?” They replied: “Our lord (Kisra) did!”

The Messenger ! responded: “But my Lord, exalted and

glorified be He, has commanded me to spare my beard

and trim my moustaches.” [Recorded by Ibn Jarir at-Tabari, Ibn

Sa’d, and Ibn Bishran. Verified to be hasan (good) by al-Albani (Fiqh us-Sirah by al-Ghazali p. 359)]

The above is a hadith about the importance of growing a beard.  The question is .. the Quraan never discriminates on the basis of beard or any physical features.  So, would the Prophet (pbuh), who never violated nor exaggerated the Quraan, and who was a role model of polite behaviour & courtesy be so abrupt as to turn his face away from someone only because of his physical appearance for not having a beard ?

For more information, check this link on pdf format: http://www.al-sunnah.com/pdf/beard.pdf   (sorry this link isn't working no more).
It tells the views of various people who've usurped the title of "scholar" and are misusing it by propagating falsehood after falsehood.

As for the above hadith, the sole motive of the sneaky author is to deepen the political divisions with the Persians.  It is an established truth beyond arguments that political conflicts were one of the chief motives for the invention of hadith.  In this regard check this post by sister Zeynab.

No wonder these same sneaky authors have created what they call no less than 40 'hadith qudsi' - i.e. some idlers with the title of 'sahabah' allegedly quoting the Prophet quoting Allah.  Don't these people who come up with such mythical constructions have the slightest fear of the Almighty Allah in their hearts and minds?  Allah has made it clear in the Quraan that it is complete and perfected, that it is on a "guarded tablet" which means that it will never alter.  The reason it won't alter is because Allah wants to preserve His original words as guidance to mankind till the Last Day so that humans won't have any excuses for not being informed about His dictates.  If Allah had sent a set of 40 important messages to the Prophet through hadith qudsi, or if Allah kept communicating with the Prophet concerning ethical issues outside of the Quraan, wouldn't Allah mention this very vital matter in the Quraan?  The Divine Message that is on a "guarded tablet" is only the Quraan, not hadith qudsi or any other extra Quraanic literature where someone attributes words from controversial sources to Allah. 

Most importantly, can any sincere believer truly believe that Allah's flawless justice will be on the basis of shallow aspects such as the size of the beard and moustaches or any other such physical aspect ?  Those nurturing such notions only expose their own lack of understanding of the Supreme Existence of the Almighty God and their total lackof respect for the impeccable character of the last Messenger.

This ummah has gone down the sewers.  I applaud Allah's curse that has already been upon it for several centuries now.  They deserve nothing better.

Walaikum salaam and peace to all. 
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Heba

Rating: 41

From the land of the bones

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 03:03:02 am »

Well done rose.  beautifully elucidated.  of course, there's hardly any aspect worthwhile that's emphasised by hadith, but I particularly find this beard issue soooo irritating.  just imagine, writing pages and pages on websites about the importance of  ... beard!  How can human mind which is supposed to be the superior most of all living beings turn so shallow?  They say that since beard is 'fitrah' (nature) so it should be left to grow.  But so what if it's fitrah?  That doesn't make it holy.  If one looks at it that way, there are so many things in the human body that are fitrah.  Then why cut the hair on the head?  That too is fitrah.

Actually, this culture of growing beard has been borrowed from the jews & christians and also to a great extent from people of non-Divine faiths e.g. sikhs and hindus.  sikhs never cut the beard or hair on the head for similar reasons calling it a part of nature.  Then, if you look at hindu fundamentalists, they have exactly the same outward appearance as the fundamentalist so-called Muslims of today - long unkempt beard and similar untidy general appearance e.g. many of those hardline talibans look just like hindu fundamentalists who attacked the Babri Mosque.  As for the christian and jewish clergy, they have always had long untrimmed beards, particularly in the middle ages.  And also wearing of long robes by Muslim clerics is a similar copy-cat practice from the catholic priests.  These type of things have no importance in the Quran.  Quran gives lot of importance on being neat and tidy, and with a long beard it's very difficult to keep neat particularly in hot humid summer.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be a friend.

Truth Seeker
technology nerd / website team.

Rating: 22

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 03:16:52 am »

lol  LaaughingAway - "lies reaching their peak"  -- yeah i can connect with that.

The pdf format website is incredible.  They cannot really mean the kind of stuff they've written there.

Talking about 'fitrah' --- I agree, lot of things are fitrah.  Now just think of this.  Passing wind is also fitrah.  But no one respects that  LaaughingAway  and doing so even breaks the wudu (ablution) according to our illogically charming hadith.  The Quran mentions clearly the acts that will require a wudu i.e. when one is physically dirty or after sexual intercourse.  But nowhere does the Quran say that for simply passing wind one needs to do wudu all over again, even if one is otherwise clean.  That is apparently because wind is not something tangible.  Even if it smells foul it doesn't make the body dirty as with physical dirt.  And it's surely fitrah.  So why the embargo on this poor fitrah -  HysLaugh
Report Spam   Logged

HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE ALLAH CAN
STAND BEFORE ANYONE.
Zeynab
Founder
Admin

Visiting the 'memory lane' is blissful and free.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 03:37:12 am »

LOL LOL .. actually that analogy of pt makes sense.  I never thought of it before.  Though it did strike me that being fitra is no reason to turn facial hair holy.  rose's analysis is brilliant.  Such a mentality is nothing beyond shallow discrimination coming from petty minds who have neither understood the purpose of the Quraan nor the Prophet's mission.  Actually this mythical notion of the Prophet (pbuh) having a long untrimmed beard (which has now even acquired the name of 'sunnah beard') is the same kind of illusion as the westerners have when they portray Jesus son of Mary with blue eyes and blond hair.  And yes, cat is right.  This beard issue takes its root from other faiths. 

You might find this an interesting read.  I also came across an article on beard containing this same hadith in another forum.  It's just staggering how devoutly supposedly educated adults actually believe in such superficial ideologies.  It brings back such clear flashbacks of hardline pagan attitudes .. about whom the Glorious Quraan mentions numerous times .. who are so confidently convinced of the infallibility of their errors and blunderous priorities. 

Here's the link of the MMN forum where you can read more shocking praises on topic 'b-e-a-r-d'  .. lol
Report Spam   Logged

"Say: Though the sea became ink for the Words of my Lord, verily the sea would be used up before the words of my Lord were exhausted, even though We brought the like thereof to help."  (18:109) Al-Kahf
Heba

From the land of the bones

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 12:19:37 am »

But nowhere does the Quran say that for simply passing wind one needs to do wudu all over again, even if one is otherwise clean.  That is apparently because wind is not something tangible.  Even if it smells foul it doesn't make the body dirty as with physical dirt.  And it's surely fitrah.  So why the embargo on this poor fitrah - 

frankly i've wondered about this many times, that why should passing wind break wudu ?  True ... the Quran also never says that it does.  Because it is just gaseous matter gets diffused in the atmosphere in a couple a minutes thru the clothes.  Of course farting in public is bad, but not b'coz it's physically dirty but b'coz it's bad manners.  But again not for all.  Some elderly people for example are told by their doctors not to withhold farts.  It could make them  unwell with stomach cramps and a bloated feeling.  Now, if someone who has a problem controlling wind, steps out of the washroom after performing wudu and has the urge to pass wind.  I don't see how this is gonna make him or her dirty.  It really doesn't make sense.

Once I was listening to a lecture by Dr. B. Soharwardy.  Someone asked him that if a person passes wind in the congregation while offering prayers, what should he do.  Soharwardy's reply was that he should immediately leave the congregation and walk out quietly "with his hand over his mouth"  HysLaugh  as though he's committed a crime.  I just couldn't understand the purpose of putting his hand on his mouth.  Maybe it's the hadith code language for letting off a fart  Grin   Some of these "ulemas" are just comical!
Report Spam   Logged

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be a friend.

Zeynab
Founder
Admin

Visiting the 'memory lane' is blissful and free.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 05:11:28 pm »

LOL ..  teethsmile LaaughingAway teethsmile

It was amusing to read the way to you put all that, cat. 

Putting one's hand over the mouth after tooting actually carries the notion of publically labelling the 'culprit' as a tooter.  These imams aren't just comical, they can be viciously insulting!

Anyhow .. let's stick to the topic of beard in this thread.

Report Spam   Logged

"Say: Though the sea became ink for the Words of my Lord, verily the sea would be used up before the words of my Lord were exhausted, even though We brought the like thereof to help."  (18:109) Al-Kahf

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: