Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 19, 2024, 06:16:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

No hardship in Religion / Description of Mairaj (Ascension)

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: No hardship in Religion / Description of Mairaj (Ascension)  (Read 2122 times)
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

Badges: (View All)
« on: July 17, 2007, 05:39:04 am »

BismEm

The matter is very simple and straight, unlike the traditionalist tale-tellers and the non-traditionalist buffoon, Kashif Khan with zero common sense, let alone perception and education. 

"And strive for Allah with the endeavor which is His right. He hath chosen you and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship;"  (22:78)

The hadith myth about the Prophet's journey of Mairaj is very detailed, nothing of which is warranted in the Noble Quran.  It says about the Prophet Muhammad meeting all the previous prophets, exploring every bit of Paradise etc., and The Almighty Allah appointing 50 prayers a day for believers and giving this message to the Prophet.  Then Prophet Moses telling Prophet Muhammad to tell Allah to lessen the number of prayers as 50 would be too much.  Prophet Muhammad returns, Allah lessens the number of daily prayers to five.  Again Moses says it's too much but the Prophet refuses to request Allah to lessen it.  Just imagine the details!  If these details were true, wouldn't Allah tell us even a little bit in the Quran ?  Since the Almighty Allah didn't tell us anything of this sort, hence, on who's authority are we supposed to believe it ?  Just because some people came up 200 years after the actual event and babbled details after details in writing is a flimsy reason to accept such a vivid description on an event as important as this. 

Now let's check the statements of the Noble Quran regarding Mairaj.  What exactly and how much does the Quran mention about the journey of Mairaj ?  Please read the following carefully:

"Glorified be He Who carried His servant by night from the Inviolable Place of Worship to the Far distant place of worship the neighbourhood whereof We have blessed, that We might show him of Our tokens! Indeed! He, only He, is the Hearer, the Seer." (17:1) Bani Israel

"And (it was a warning) when we told you: Indeed! your Rab encompasses mankind, and We appointed the sight which We showed you as an ordeal for mankind, and (likewise) the Accursed Tree in the Qur'an. We warn them, but it increases them in naught save gross impiety." (17:60) Bani Israel

6. "One vigorous; and he grew clear to view
 7. When he was on the uppermost horizon.
 8. Then he drew nigh and came down
 9.  Till he was (distant) two bows' length or even nearer,
 10. And He revealed unto His slave that which He revealed.
 11. The heart lied not (in seeing) what it saw.
 12. Will you then dispute with him concerning what he sees ?
 13. And verily he saw him yet another time
 14. By the lote-tree of the utmost boundary,
 15. Nigh unto which is the Garden of Abode.
 16. When that which shrouds did enshroud the lote-tree,
 17. The eye turned not aside nor yet was overbold.
 18. Verily he saw one of the greater revelations of his Lord."
(53:6-18) An-Najm

Studying the details of the journey of Mairaj as elucidated in the Noble Quran:  In verses 1 and 60 of the 17th Surah, Bani Israel (or Al-Isra as it's also called), the Almighty Allah mentions about taking the Prophet from Makkah to Jerusalem.  The "sight" as stated in 17:60 refers to the vision of Mairaj.  From this verse, it's likely that the Prophet got a sight of the "Accursed Tree" in Hell.  Some have interpreted this tree being the same as the Zaqqum tree (Verses 37:62-68, 44:43, and 56:52).  Then coming to Surah 53, An-Najm, verses 6-12 refer to the Prophet's vision at Mount Hira.  These verses have nothing to do with Mairaj.  Verses 13-18 of this Surah refer to the Prophet's vision / journey of Mairaj.  Allah refers to this as "one of the greater revelations."  In these verses 13-18, Allah refers to the Prophet seeing angel Gabriel by the Lote Tree.  By dictionary definition, Lote Tree is the tree in Paradise.  In these verses, Allah mentions the Lote Tree ("of the utmost boundary") near ("nigh") which is the "Garden of Abode" or Paradise.  Thus, the visions of the Prophet during the journey of Mairaj (ascension) as per the statements of the Noble Quran includes the contents as explained in this paragraph.  That is ..

-  the Prophet was carried from Makkah to Jerusalem,
-  the Prophet saw this Vision but no more details of the Vision are given except as follows:
-  possibly the Prophet saw the Accursed Tree (but not sure),
-  and during this journey the Prophet saw angel Gabriel by the Lote Tree near the Garden of Paradise. 

The word 'mairaj' in Arabic can be translated as 'ascension' in English.   While the Quran does not use the term 'mairaj,' the concept of ascension automatically comes in from the contents of Verse 17:60 (Surah Al-Isra also known as Bani Israeel) and Verses 53:13-18 of Surah An-Najm.  In these Verses The Almighty mentions of the Prophet's (pbuh) vision of objects much outside this world.  That can only be reached through ascension, that is, mairaj. 

This is all that is mentioned in the Quran about the Prophet's (night) journey.  However, this doesn't mean that the Prophet saw nothing more.  That might have been very possible, but since Allah has not mentioned anything else, thus we cannot presume on our own.  That would be a fabrication.   So we have to leave it upto the point stated in the Quran.   

Compared to this, the intricate details elucidated by the hadith are quoted below.  It's so extensive and totally different compared to the Quranic description of the same event that it would seem unwarranted for a believer - who adheres to the instructions of The Almighty -  to accept such a human narration without confirmation from the Noble Quran.  Reliable knowledge (particularly about such vital issues) can be given to us only by Allah. 

The Hadith on mairaj:

A narration attributed to Anas bin Malik reports:

“ The night Allah's Apostle was taken for a journey from the sacred mosque (of Mecca) Al-Ka'ba: Three persons came to him (in a dream while he was sleeping in the Sacred Mosque before the Divine Inspiration was revealed to Him...they came on another night, i.e. after The Divine Inspiration was revealed to him. (Fateh-Al-Bari Page 258, Vol. 17) and he saw them, his eyes were asleep but his heart was not...So those angels did not talk to him till they carried him and placed him beside the well of Zam-Zam...He then ascended with him to the heaven of the world and knocked on one of its doors. The dwellers of the Heaven asked, 'Who is it?' He said, "Gabriel." They said, "Who is accompanying you?" He said, "Muhammad." They said, "Has he been called?" He said, "Yes" They said, "He is welcomed." ... Then Gabriel took him around that Heaven and behold, he saw another river at the bank of which there was a palace built of pearls and emerald. He put his hand into the river and found its mud like musk Adhfar. He asked, "What is this, O Gabriel?" Gabriel said, "This is the Kauthar which your Lord has kept for you." Then Gabriel ascended ... On each Heaven there were prophets whose names he had mentioned and of whom I remember Idris on the second Heaven, Aaron on the fourth Heavens another prophet whose name I don't remember, on the fifth Heaven, Abraham on the sixth Heaven, and Moses on the seventh Heaven because of his privilege of talking to Allah directly. Moses said (to Allah), "O Lord! I thought that none would be raised up above me."... But Gabriel ascended with him (the Prophet) for a distance above that, the distance of which only Allah knows, till he reached the Lote Tree (beyond which none may pass) and then the Irresistible, the Lord of Honor and Majesty approached and came closer till he (Gabriel) was about two bow lengths or (even) nearer. (It is said that it was Gabriel who approached and came closer to the Prophet. (Fate Al-Bari Page 263, 264, Vol. 17). Among the things which Allah revealed to him then, was: "Fifty prayers were enjoined on his followers in a day and a night." Then the Prophet descended till he met Moses, and then Moses stopped him and asked, "O Muhammad ! What did your Lord en join upon you?" The Prophet replied," He enjoined upon me to perform fifty prayers in a day and a night." Moses said, "Your followers cannot do that; Go back so that your Lord may reduce it for you and for them." So the Prophet turned ... till the enjoined prayers were reduced to only five prayers...The Prophet returned to Moses who asked, "What have you done?" He said, "He has lightened our burden: He has given us for every good deed a tenfold reward." Moses said, "By Allah! I tried to make Bani Israel observe less than that, but they gave it up. So go back to your Lord that He may lighten your burden further." Allah's Apostle said, "O Moses! By Allah, I feel shy of returning too many times to my Lord." On that Gabriel said, "Descend in Allah's Name." The Prophet then woke while he was in the Sacred Mosque (at Mecca). Sahih Bukhari 9:93:608 ”

Unquote

Now coming to the truth that there's no hardship in religion, this Hadith clearly mocks the Quran and the Prophet.  Allah says that He has placed no hardship in religion.  Yet the hadith says that Allah appointed 50 daily prayers for mankind.  And the Prophet commutes between Allah and Moses to lessen the number of prayers on Moses' advise.  The Almighty Allah gives us no warrant to accept such illogical stories and concepts.  I repeat, Allah has Himself mentioned in the Quran that there's no hardship in religion.  We all know that it would be very hard for people to sit down for prayers 50 times in a single day.  If we can perceive this fact, is it possible that Allah wouldn't understand it ?  Surely that would be a thoroughly incorrect and rude  presumption on our part.  Allah is best aware of everything and He is the All-Knowing.  He knows us even better than we do ourselves. 

To conclude, as careful and conscientious believers, we must not accept anything beyond what's mentioned in the Noble Quran regarding the incident of mairaj.   It is not stated in the Quran as obligatory to perform extra prayers on this night, but those who wish to offer additional nafl prayers should do so by all means and no one has the entitlement to view it critically.  The matter is up to every individual to decide whether or not they want to offer additional prayers on the Night of ascension.  Ibadah (worship of The Almighty) is a confirmed prescription for healing the heart and soul and is never wasted.  Subhan'Allah.

Related posts:
-  Night of Isra and Meraj
-  Isra and Meraj

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 02:11:36 am »

I had been looking for this for a long time - to compare the mention of Meraj as in the Quran and hadith.  You've displayed a very accurate comparison .. clear, straightforward and simple to follow.  It is important to analyse this aspect in order to bring out the hadith contradiction yet again.  God plainly states no hardship in religion, and hadith wants to show that God tried to make religion hard.

If I'm not mistaken, there is also another hadith on Meraj that says God first prescribed 500 prayers a day and then 50, and finally 5.  Each time Prophet Moses (pbuh) suggested to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to return to God to lessen it.  Surely, the Almighty God is very capable of dealing with people who write such stories.

The journey of Isra and Meraj was an awesome & unique one for the Prophet.  Along with the revelation of the Quran, it was the other miracle of Allah toward the Prophet.  That's why God mentions in 17:60 of Meraj being "one of the greater revelations."  But the hadith authors write about this Journey as if it was a journey from one's house to the marketplace.  The various ahadith on Meraj are so extensive, but those specific points mentioned in the Quran have not been included in the hadith.  This only shows that these hadith authors never even read the Quran.

Thank you much Br. TS.  I'm sure you must have worked very hard to prepare this great analysis. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 03:39:46 am »

Alhumdulilah, very enlightening read.  Thank you br. ts and sis ruhi.  I must save this in my Islamic studies file.  Of course, the hadiths on Isra and Mairaj are very discrepant and completely clash with the facts as mentioned in the Glorious Quraan.

In this regard I would like to add one more issue.  If a Hadith fan reads this, they will at once ask .. "if you reject this hadith then how do you explain the origin for 5 prayers a day?"

Certainly, I don't want to quarrel with them.  If they wish to accept the hadith stories, that's upto them.  But the answer is very simple.  The Divine Commandment for the 5 daily prayers come directly from the Quran.  Kindly check out post titled Salaat to be offered 5 times and not 3 times for information.  Actually I've been asked this question even by the Free Minders.  They too are just as argumentative and fixated as the hadithers.

Similarly concerning the method of salaat, the Quran contains 4 rules - ruku, sajood, recitation of Fatiha and recitation of whatever portions of the Quran we can remember.  As long as we follow  these 4 rules by implementing them in our prayers with the strict intent or niyyah of directing our prayers or salaat ONLY to Allah alone, is enough.  All other details introduced as procedures of salaat are man-made and can differ from person to person. 
For complete detailed information, please check our post Does the contain the exact method of Salaat? 

Thanks again for this important scrutiny.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 09:52:40 pm »

Thank you for sharing this brother ts  .. very beneficial.  May Allah reward your good efforts, ameen.

I have also pondered upon something else on this issue.   According to the hadith description of Isra & Meiraj, the Prophet (pbuh) is said to have been accompanied by angel Gabriel uptil a certain point in the Heavens when Gabriel was allowed to go no further and the Prophet went alone. 

But if you read those Quranic verses that discuss Isra and Meiraj, the mention of angel Gabriel in only in verse 53:13-14 of Surah An-Najam.  Of course, Allah knows best, but from the tone of this verse it seems to me that the Prophet saw angel Gabriel for the first time during this journey by the Lote Tree which is near the Garden of Jannah.  And as we can read, verses 17:1 and 17:60 make no mention of the presence of angel Gabriel accompanying the Prophet nor any mention of the Prophet riding on a horse with wings as talked by hadith.  Personally the impression I get is that the Prophet travelled alone through the power of Allah, and saw angel Gabriel as mentioned in verses 13 and 14 of Surah An-Najam by the tree near Paradise.  And only God knows best. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 10:00:47 pm »

Thanks all for appreciating my work and for taking the time to write your feedback.  That was just as helpful for me. 

By the way -- those verses of the Noble Quran I've quoted are the only ones that mention about the Night journey.  To the best of my knowledge, there's no more mention of it anywhere else in the Quran.  If anyone comes across any other verses in this regard that I haven't quoted, please post it for my information.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 10:08:18 pm »

You're welcomed brother.   I too can't recall of any other verses.

There's also a debate in the 'ulema' circle about this event being visionary or physical.  Some say it was seen in a dream and some say it was physical.  From the style of the Quranic narration and from the verses of Surah An-Najm, I would say it was physical.  Verses 6 to 12 of this Surah describe the Prophet's vision of Angel Gabriel at Mt. Hira.  Soon after that verses 13 t 18 of the same Surah describe the Prophet's vision of Angel Gabriel near Paradise referring to the journey of Meraj, calling it "one of the greater revelations."  We know that the vision at Mt. Hira was physical, not a dream.  Therefore, the vision by the Lote tree near Paradise being mentioned along with it and called as "one of the greater revelations" also obviously must be physical.

However, only the Almighty God knows best.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 10:42:35 pm »

There's also a debate in the 'ulema' circle about the event of Isra Meraj being visionary or physical.  Some say it was seen in a dream and some say it was physical.  From the style of the Quranic narration and from the verses of Surah An-Najm, I would say it was physical.  Verses 6 to 12 of this Surah describe the Prophet's vision of Angel Gabriel at Mt. Hira.  Soon after that verses 13 t 18 of the same Surah describe the Prophet's vision of Angel Gabriel near Paradise referring to the journey of Meraj, calling it "one of the greater revelations."  We know that the vision at Mt. Hira was physical, not a dream.  Therefore, the vision by the Lote tree near Paradise being mentioned along with it and called as "one of the greater revelations" also obviously must be physical.

However, only the Almighty God knows best.

Salaams all.  That's a very valid point.  I contemplated a little after reading Verse 17:60 and thought I was ready for a bit more feedback.

To begin with of course, this is something which only Allah knows best and no matter how much we discuss, we can never arrive at a proven conclusion.  I believe that Allah meant it to be that way. 

Isra and Meraj was an event very spiritual that involved those aspects of the next realm, the details of which belong deep into the Unseen that Allah has not decided to tell us.  And Almighty Allah did show much of those hidden portents to the Prophet (pbuh), Alhamdulilah.  If someone thinks that this Journey was spiritual and not physical, that would not necessarily mean a dream, but it could very well mean that it was the Prophet's soul that travelled on this Journey without his body.  From our worldly perception, some of us might interpret this as a 'dream' but in reality it's not at all a dream.  Normally, for common people, the soul would travel away from the body only at the time of death.  This is the standard law of the Almighty Allah.  But nothing is impossible for Allah.  In exceptional cases, He can separate the soul from the body temporarily for a certain purpose which Allah would want that soul to accomplish.  The Prophet's journey of Isra and Meraj is a very appropriate exceptional event of this kind.  Besides, since the details of this Journey belongs so much to the Unseen, it's also possible that by the Will of Allah, the Prophet might not recall the basic occurences of this Journey and not all the details so that many of the major portents of Allah remain hidden from humankind at large.   Thus, apart from the Hadith, there are no reports of the Prophet (pbuh) giving any such vivid details about Isra and Meraj.  But I repeat, only Allah knows best.  We simply know for sure that Isra and Meraj happened along with those visions that the Prophet saw as stated in the Quraan (elucidated in br. PT's post).  Anything that we might figure out beyond what's stated in the Quraan, is remains a speculation from our minds till the Day of Judgment when Allah will reveal the Truth, if He Wills.  InshAllah. 

I would like to add one more thing here.  It seems to me that some words in Pickthall's English translations have been changed in the very modern times.  I am in a good position to compare this because the copy of Pickthall's English translation that I have (along with the original Arabic of course) has been in my family since the last 45 years.  It's a very old copy consisting of Pickthall's unedited translations.  The website of Pickthall's translations that I use for online reference is at Call to Islam. It seems to me that here the English translations have been slightly tampered with by those running this site.  Verse 17:60 of Surah Bani Israel or Al-Isra as it's also called is as follows in my old copy.

"And (it was a warning) when we told thee: Lo! thy Lord encompasseth mankind, and We appointed the vision which We showed thee as an ordeal for mankind, and (likewise) the Accursed Tree in the Qur'an. We warn them, but it increaseth them in naught save gross impiety."  17:60

In the above mentioned website, the English translation by the same author is:

"And (it was a warning) when we told thee: Lo! thy Lord encompasseth mankind, and We appointed the sight which We showed thee as an ordeal for mankind, and (likewise) the Accursed Tree in the Qur'an. We warn them, but it increaseth them in naught save gross impiety."  17:60

If you concentrate carefully, in the online Pickthall translation, the word "sight" has replaced "vision" which I have in my old copy.  I have no doubt that Pickthall must have used the term "vision" while translating.  45 years ago there was no internet, so the possibility of changing it then does not arise.   Being very well versed in Arabic, Pickthall must have thought "vision" to be an accurate term for this translation.  If "vision" is really a more accurate term than "sight" for translating this Verse, it could refer to the spiritual vision i.e. soul travelling into the Heavens by the permission of Allah.   And only Allah knows best.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 06:23:44 pm »

Assalamu alaikum,

I just want to say that we should keep in mind the point of the Verse being there. The discussion of anything 'beyond' the Verse is non-beneficial if that discussion does not do much in the way of Qur'anic guidance.

So what can we gain from the Verse? I would say the Verse is primarily there to emphesise on Allah's great power as per the main theme of the Qur'an - ie. He is able to do all things. The ending of Verse, supports this.

If it was a 'dream', it seems the Verse is explaining the phenomenon in ways a dream would not be referred to, we all have dreams as ordinary human beings. The way it is mentioned, the interpretation of it being a physical journey, or atleast something more then just a dream, seems more probable. But Allah knows the actual truth of the matter.

peace. 
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 10:10:24 pm »

Thanks much dear brother.  I truly appreciate your approach.  It's correct and to the point.  Grasping the essence of every verse of the Quraan should be the most important goal of a reader.  And true, the Almighty Allah is All-Powerful.  He can make anything happen.  Like you, I am also of the strong opinion that this Journey was much beyond an ordinary dream.  Even if it was a Journey of the soul, it certainly cannot be equated with an ordinary dream.  People generally tend to think with very shallow ideas, and thus they aren't able to differentiate between the experiences of a soul and a regular dream. 

The problem with all humans is that anything about the Unseen that they are unable to comprehend through their limited knowledge, they tend to either refute or alter it in a way that fits into their existing knowledge.   This is typically an outcome of either having little or no faith in God and therefore forgetting His infinite Powers, or by not reflecting enough on the depth of the Quraanic contents. 

Thanks again br. AOH.  walaikum salaam and peace Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 07:23:27 am »

Shocked
Aoa brother brilliant marvelous piece jazak Allah kahir
statement of 50 prayers ! reduced from 50 to 5 time a day bug me always Thanks Allah and mv finally found the Reality of Isra and Miraj and this knowledge brings tears in my eyes am speechless Allah forgive us Sad

apology for my words i want to say to hell with these writters their false stories  Angry they don't have fear of Allah how could the described eveything as they were the eyewittness. we muslims are blind ,brainwashed they will lead muslims to hell Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 03:11:49 am »

I too found this article very informative, MashAllah.  The simple fact is that the Noble Quran clearly commands us to pray 5 times a day.  But because those medieval imams had never read the Quran and were only interested in changing Islam, they made that complicated story.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 03:18:30 am »

JazekAllah khair, sisters.  Allah bless.

Yes, the Noble Quran definitely mentions about our 5 salaats a day.   To check the verses of the Quran that command the 5 daily salaats, reference is to post Salaat to be offered 5 times, not 3.   There are some modernists who are propagating the wrong information that prayers are to be offered 3 times a day.  The post in this link is a clear evidence that the Quran confirms 5 salaats a day. 
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 12:50:38 pm »

of course 50 prayers a day maen 50 time adhan.it does not make any sense..
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 03:31:50 am »

of course 50 prayers a day maen 50 time adhan.it does not make any sense..

lol ,, exactly. Very correct.   Only the Hadith narrators and compilers can say such illogical things.  

The Hadith that says about 50 prayers a day is the type of Hadith that mocks the Quran.   Such Hadiths try to portray that Allah is harsh and illogical, Nauzbillah.   Allah is the Most Merciful and Allah only commands us to do what is practical and easily manageable.   That's why Allah has stated in the Quran that He has placed no hardship in religion.
Report Spam   Logged

abbottonian

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 05:38:23 pm »

Assalam Alaikum all
I am thankful to sister Heba for providing me with link to this post.very impressive and to the point.
when someone really wants to seek truth with right intention .Almighty Allah opens one's heart for Islam.I was searching the Holy Quraan for categorical and allegorical verses and found this.What a slap on the faces of those who still are breaking their skulls against the wall to establish if it was a spiritual or physical journey of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH and I came across this beautiful verse.
Al-Quraan: 3:7
He it is Who hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture wherein are clear revelations - they are the substance of the Book - and others (which are) allegorical. But those in whose hearts is doubt pursue, forsooth, that which is allegorical seeking (to cause) dissension by seeking to explain it. None knoweth its explanation save Allah. And those who are of sound instruction say: We believe therein; the whole is from our Lord; but only men of understanding really heed.
after reading this verse I affirm, Oh Allah I believe in all what has been sent down to mankind through Your Messenger.
Alhamdulillah.
I am grateful to all who participated in this post.
Jazak Allah Khair
Asif Raza
Report Spam   Logged

Asif Raza:- No tool is more beneficial than knowledge and no weapon is more dangerous than ignorance.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: