Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at Zainab's Lounge, accessible from Muslim Villa's Guestbook Board (top sticky post titled "Zainab's Lounge"). Approval of members is at the discretion of the MV Team. You have arrived at a place of serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Sublime Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
October 18, 2018, 11:13:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A seance story to fool people

+-
Shoutbox
October 09, 2018, 09:50:31 pm Ruhi_Rose: Salam brother.  Very easy. First click on the board title you wish to post in.  You'll find main board topics below and sub-boards (default label "child boards") above.  If you wish to post in main board click "new topic" button on top left.  If you wish to post in any of the sub-boards, click on that sub board title and then click "new topic" button on above left side.  You'll get the format for typing your post, then click "post" button below.
October 06, 2018, 12:46:27 pm momin: how can i post things here if i have something to post. Smiley
 Smiley
September 14, 2018, 12:33:22 am Ruhi_Rose: Yes br. TS, that's a very important article to read.
September 14, 2018, 12:08:22 am N. Truth Seeker: Thank u.  Allah bless u for remembering, sister.   Also reminding our guests to read: The traditional declaration of fasting on the 10th of Muharram .... the real story behind it. Same article in the blog too.
September 13, 2018, 11:09:22 pm Zeynab: Muharram 1440 A.H.
Please read why our Islamic new year is full of tragic memories.
June 08, 2018, 08:49:28 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Leilatul Qadr 1439 (2018) on June 8. To learn about this great Night, read our posts on Leilatul Qadr @ this thread.
May 16, 2018, 04:03:41 am Ruhi_Rose: Ramadan Mubarak to u too brother and to everyone.  May Allah accept our efforts.  Ameen.
May 16, 2018, 04:01:41 am N. Truth Seeker: Ramadan 2018 Mubarak to all.  Just finished sahoor, getting ready for Fajr.  Alhumdulilah.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A seance story to fool people  (Read 963 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 24, 2007, 03:12:43 am »

An aunt of mine once told me this bizarre story that happened right before her while attending a seance session with a few friends.  

I guess you know what seance means.  It's supposed to be a procedure for communicating through a medium with the souls of those who've passed away.

First of all let me say, I neither believe nor am I interested in seance.  It's un-Quranic, illogical and definitely a game-playing stuff with no truth.  Most people would think and say the same. Some like to participate only for the fun of it in a lighthearted way. It was the same with my aunt.  

The reason I'm mentioning it is because the trick, however it was conducted, was a bit complicated and followed by a coincident.  This is how guesswork and drama masquerade as 'truth.' 

One evening, my aunt and a few of her lady friends got together for dinner at the house of one of these ladies. After dinner, while they were at the coffee table, the host who often took interest in conducting seance sessions decided to have one that evening.  Since I've never seen a seance session, I wouldn't know the details of its setup and neither did I ask my aunt about it.

My aunt went on to say that soon after the session began as everyone sat around the table, a small plastic jar on the table began to move seemingly on it's own.  According to the medium it indicated the presence of a soul .... even though the medium hadn't attempted to call anyone yet, though my aunt was certain the "medium" was doing something to make the jar move.   According to my aunt, when the medium asked this soul its name, it answered and said something.  No one heard that.  After asking a few more questions, the medium confirmed that this woman had died only few hours ago in a car accident in the same neighborhood.  This sounded unpleasant to the guests.  They quickly ended the seance session, finished their coffee and after a while the guests went home.  

The following morning when my aunt was reading the newspaper, she saw a small news story in the city page, mentioning of a young woman killed in a car accident in a locality close by the previous evening.

If you're into the type of paranormal that isn't compatible with the Quran, you would tend to give credit to the medium without thinking that coincidents happen and it isn't at all unusual for random guesses to come true unexpectedly.  This is precisely what happened in this get-together the host called "seance."

Only the Almighty Allah knows the reality of such matters.  No one else.

In my opinion, we should not speculate nor indulge in activities such as seance.

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 04:54:10 am »

I think the lady who played the medium must be pulling some strings to make the plastic jar jump. 

I too don't like this practice of seance. It's totally against Quraanic ethics.  Also, usually a lot of cheating and bungling  goes on as in this one apparently.  Many of the mediums can be very theatrical.  As for this one, it was certainly a coincident.  Only Allah knows the facts and HE has made it clear in the Quran that departed souls cannot return to earth.  This was an interesting read, in that, it tell us how phoneys calling themselves 'mediums' can grab the credit when their guesses come right.  Thanks Sis Heba.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: