Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 19, 2024, 07:15:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Memories of my bird-watching days

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Memories of my bird-watching days  (Read 541 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 02, 2007, 02:19:53 pm »

I recall, how much I admired the free and seemingly happy lives of wild birds when I was a little girl.  When my dearest Dad would wake up my brother and me early in the morning for school, I would feel miserable.  No kid who is fortunate enough to go to school, likes being woken up for it in the morning and stepping out of their cozy beds.  After washing, getting dressed and eating some breakfast, I would relax in the large balcony overlooking our lush green and flowery garden, waiting for my Dad to finish his prayers and breakfast and then to drive us to school on his way to office.  It would usually be a 20 to 25 minutes wait and the best part of my day!  I would lean against the railing of the balcony and truly enjoy every minute of my existence as an early morning bird watcher.  I was too young to know the names of all those different birds flocking the garden.  All I do remember is that they were colorful and beautiful, and they contributed greatly in enhancing the charm of the surroundings.  I would stand there watching them and cursing my upcoming schedule for soon having to spend the next five hours in school while the birds were so fortunate; flying, chirping, humming and singing amidst nature with not a care in the world.  I felt awfully envious of them.

The only time I never enjoyed watching birds (and still don't) was when I would see them caged.  I don't know why people do that.  It's downright cruel.  Even a big cage with plenty of feed and protection is a poor substitute for freedom in natural surroundings. 

The contents in the following birds' website is reminiscent of some of the best moments of my life back in my childhood.  Merrily, it took me along the memory lane.  Of course, all those lovely birds I watched as a child must have long died as birds have short lives compared to humans.  But browsing through it brought those gorgeous little creatures back to life in my heart. 

I hope you will find it delightful to explore this website as I did.   Enjoy, and praise be to the Almighty Allah.

The Amazing World of Birds

Visit the link above and learn about some incredible bird facts.  The rarest of them, the most common, the largest, the smallest, and of course, nests and eggs.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 02:41:14 pm »

What a thrilling experience of your childhood  teethsmile  No wonder you're having a hard time forgetting it.  I also adore bird watching.  It virtually takes me to another world.  But it's important not to be interrupted by the sound of honking cars, loud airplanes and industrial air pollution while one is lost is watching the beauty of birds amidst the beauty of nature.  Alhamdulilah.

This site is fantastic.  It's quite brief yet comprehensive.

Thanks for sharing everything dear sis Zeynab ..

JazekAllah Khair
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 03:32:28 pm »

Thanks for your appreciation.  I'm glad you have this as a hobby too.  And yeah, disruption by the modern life can be irritating at such times.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 06:26:51 pm »

So so cute!  May God bless u, sis.

Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 03:02:04 pm »

Thanks sister Zainab for sharing us your wonderful recollections.

Indeed, birds are superb marvel of Allah's artistry and creative power. Whoever denies the creator is indeed in a great lost.

"Do you not see that all those who are in the heavens and earth praise God, as do the birds with wings outstretched? Each knows its own prayer and glorification. God has full knowledge of what they do" [Qur'an 24:41]

Human beings try their best to match the perfect flight charecteristics of birds in designing aircraft. Yet, birds are far superior in their design than the modern aircraft.

Here is an excellent documentary by Harun Yahya on birds:

Part 1)
Part 2)
Part 3)
Part 4)
Part 5)
Part 6)
Part 7)

Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 06:49:24 pm »

Thanks a lot for posting these very interesting videos on birds, dear brother.  InshAllah, as I find time, I'll sit thru each one from start to finish and enjoy every bit of it.

And thanks for the gorgeous peacock pics, dear rose.  what breathtaking beauty of nature! Alhumdulilah.

Salaams and peace
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 07:13:47 pm »

Thanks a lot for posting these very interesting videos on birds, dear brother.  InshAllah, as I find time, I'll sit thru each one from start to finish and enjoy every bit of it.

And thanks for the gorgeous peacock pics, dear rose.  what breathtaking beauty of nature! Alhumdulilah.

Salaams and peace

All praise be to our Lord the Almighty. Its so great that we all here can appreciate Allah's creation in such a way. True believers are those who they look at the birds, they see Allah's name every where. They dont just pass birds by without thinking of Allah. As is the case with the rest of their lives, all moments are opportunities to ponder and reflect on our Lords endless power in creation.

Another Verse on Allah's superb creation of birds:

"Do they not see the birds above them spreading and closing their wings above them? Nothing holds them up but the Lord of Mercy: He watches over everything." [Qur'an 67:30]

Thanks very much sister Zeynab for starting and running this forum. There are so many wonderful people here. On other "Islamic boards" I just dont feel in-tune. I cannot feel that they will appreciate anything I say....defiinately anything about the Qur'an, or anything about appreciating Allah and His marvellous creation. May Allah unite the true believers hearts, and may this discussion-board grow with more sincere believers who truly love, fear and obey our Creator.

Peace.

Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 05:17:21 am »

Thank you for quoting that wonderful Verse, dear brother.  I've been fascinated by the flying of birds since I was a kid.  This is one of the billions of wonders created by Almighty Allah.  Another natural phenomenon that takes me along the path of reflecting upon His amazing power and capabilities is watching the growth of flowers and plants .. how they blossom with gorgeous colors from a frail sapling and then gradually turn pale and hunched, and eventually chaff and wither off.  It so much resembles the course of the human life .. the only difference being that in humans this process takes an average of 70 years, while with flowers the course is 7 days.  Alhamdulilah.  Allah has given this analogy in the Glorious Quraan in so many beautiful ways.  Yet, such few people take the time to stop, think and reflect.

I still haven't finished watching all the links you posted in your previous post of this thread.  I've yet checked the first two only.  InshAllah, will continue with the rest ..

I'm profoundly grateful that despite your busy schedule, you give some time to this board and enlighten us with your nice works.  May Allah reward you for your very good thoughts and the depth of your sincerity, ameen. 
Salaam and peace.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: