Until what time can one eat for 'sahoor' (or sehri)

<< < (4/5) > >>

N. Truth Seeker:
Quote from: Heba E. Husseyn on June 14, 2016, 12:44:49 pm

......  And I am sure there's any need to discuss this with our imams or jurists at the masjid or community center.   

lol ,, you think they'll ever agree particularly if they know you're right?  ;D  Absolutely no need to ask them.  The Quran is more than enough to ask from.

Zainab_M:
Very correctly stated brother TS.   That's exactly it.

After all, when we're not sure whether or not the time is right of Maghrib prayer, don't we look out of the window to access if we can still offer our Maghrib salaat? In the same way we can determine our Sahoor deadline and our Fajr prayer time.  What makes Fajr timing (and from that also the Sahoor deadline) easier to recognize is that the description of Fajr or dawn has been stated in the Noble Quran.

N. Truth Seeker:
Yes, right Sister Zeynab. 

Zainab_M:
Ramadan 2017.  Today, 17th Ramadan.  Prayer calendar says Fajr 3.47 a.m. and traditionally we're expected to stop eating at this time.  How many of you finish Sahoor by 3.47 while it's yet pitch dark? while the Noble Quran says "And eat and drink until the white thread of dawn becomes distinct to you from the black thread [of night]." (2:187).

Ruhi_Rose:
We're all set Sis.  My husband and I are following it according to the Quran, don't care what the calendar says.  You're right, today's Fajr timing is approximately 3.45 or maybe 3.47 a.m.  Indeed it's pitch dark no different from midnight.  We have our sahoor until 4.15 or 4.20.  Yet it's dark.  White thread of dawn is still not visible.  At around 4.30 a.m. it starts getting just a wee bit visible.  We can actually eat until 4.30.  However, we stop at around 4.15 even though that too is early. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page