Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 29, 2024, 04:54:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Poor taste of the rustic Super Power

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Poor taste of the rustic Super Power  (Read 166 times)
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 26, 2007, 01:31:40 am »

Salaam and hello all!

Some more observations on President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad's Sept.24th visit to Columbia University.

America's amazing bad manners and lack of hospitality was staggering.  I marvel at President Ahmedinejad's infinite patience at the hands of a set of rude, calculating and bratty predators. 

The media prides upon the "scathing" remarks for Mr. Ahmedinejad by the Columbia University President, Lee Bollinger.  Then why on earth did he agree to invite the Iranian President at all?  Or was this a set up .. to invite a guest for the purpose of humiliting him?  How thoroughly 'civilized.'  If I invite a guest to my home, humiliate that person and then exult over the insults I hurled, I would only be exposing the very low stock of my own origin as recently exposed by the "academics" of Columbia University.  Thus, Tehran Times reported today that such insults on the Iranian President have "seriously lowered the status of the university."

A brief look at the history of America shows that during the days of the wild wild West, America was infested with many dangerous convicts who were sent to this land from Europe after their death sentences were commuted to permanent exile.  America was then the den of uncivilization and violence, and therefore considered the perfect place for 'exporting' criminals.  Indeed, habits die hard.  Also, as per modern studies, genetics play an important role in determining one's behaviour.  History apparently doesn't compliment the ancestry of the American people at large.  With such a lineage, what else can one expect from the descendents but a thick, uncouth and impetuous head that can think of nothing beyond killing and destruction.

However, the media manipulation was so desperate that the unreal side of it became just too obvious.  The viewers aren't idiots.  There were plenty of audience even in a place like Columbia University who liked Mr. Ahmedinejad's honest and cultured speech.  The applause was frequent for which the media had no explanation but to be evasive.  Each applause was quickly ignored and interpreted as sarcasm by the crowd.  The comments on television were only from the extreme right-wingers who were sought and selected carefully for their hardline political views.  The performance of the media was truly an insult to the intelligence of viewers around the world!  No wonder more and more people are giving up watching television and are instead looking for information from sites like counterpunch and truthout etc.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 06:45:55 pm »

These were much the same points that had been poking my mind since I saw all this on TV.

Someone asked the Iranian President if there's a punishment for homosexuals in Iran to which the President replied that this problem isn't there in Iran.  His response basically insinuated the rarity of same gender relationships in Iran and the Mulims world compared to North American and Europe where it's very widespread.  And of course, that's absolutely right.  The media tried to portray this as a laughable response.  But you know what?  It was actually the question that was laughable and stupid.  One would certainly expect the 'academics' of Columbia University to ask something more intellectual than that. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 06:52:37 pm »

The media tried to portray this as a laughable response.  But you know what?  It was actually the question that was laughable and stupid.  One would certainly expect the 'academics' of Columbia University to ask something more intellectual than that. 

Right on cat ..

Besides, I wonder why Pres. Ahmedinejad was not allowed to visit ground zero.  Had he decided not to visit the site on his own, he would have been labelled "insensitive" at the very least.  Apparently it became an embarrassment for America that he did want to visit it .. so he was denied permission.  Reason: nothing.  Just the implementation of the cranky side of America.  In other words, tactics of a dirty game. 

Thanks for the wonderful article you penned brother PT
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:05:05 pm »

Probably last but certainly not least ...

Believe it or not, the one category that's even more unconscientious than the hardline Americans are the bulk of the Iranian-American exiles.  Most of them took off to U.S. or Europe soon after the revolution, and some are the later time dissidents who knew their guile as opportunists wouldn't work.  These stinking rich creatures, over fed with tons & tons of ill-gotten wealth from their country are all after money, power and their lost elite status.  They're still dreaming that they will some day overthrow the revolutionists with the help of the superpower and bring back the dark days of the Shah under the rulership of his ever incompetent son, Reza Shah jr.  This lot has treachery written all over them.  They don't care a damn for the common Iranian people.  All they desire are power, luxury on Persian soil, more riches (as if they don't have enough already) and Iran becoming a 51st American state once again. 

People with such wishful ideas deserve to keep fantasizing till Doomsday.  LOL!
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 07:01:19 pm »

Then why on earth did he agree to invite the Iranian President at all?  Or was this a set up .. to invite a guest for the purpose of humiliting him?  How thoroughly 'civilized.'  If I invite a guest to my home, humiliate that person and then exult over the insults I hurled, I would only be exposing the very low stock of my own origin as recently exposed by the "academics" of Columbia University. 

Surely Lee Bollinger knew the Iranian President's political views.  He knew that Mr. Ahmedinejad is a man of independent thoughts who believes in speaking his mind and not getting bullied.   So, why did Lee Bollinger invite him in the first place?  Well, of course it was a set up.  If he hadn't inivited him, how would the Zionist scheme of struggling to put words in Mr. Ahmedinejad's mouth be carried out?  Despite all that, Mr. Ahmedinejad kept his cool.  The Iranian President, in keeping with his civilized Persian traditions, knew the importance of not responding in a lowly way to lowly questions put by lowly people.

Though a very simple issue, it seems to take a genius to understand it.  If I insult my guest, that wouldn't hurt my guest one bit.  It would only reveal the yellow streak in me and how small I am.

Believe it or not, the one category that's even more unconscientious than the hardline Americans are the bulk of the Iranian-American exiles. 

Most of those Iranian elites who fled the revolution, and those who unsuccessfully tried to switch loyalties from the Shah to the revolutionists are the hallmarks of selfish treachery.  That's a well known fact.  There are exceptions of course.  There are selfless and rational people among them as well.  But I guess it's the majority that carves a trend and moral standard.  Since Iran announced its nuclear program, I observed there were a few small demonstrations in Europe against it.  It was weird to see that in each of those demos (that consisted no more than a couple of hundreds of people), there were no Europeans present at all.  All were Iranian exiles shamelessly exhibiting themselves as traitors.  The mindset of this community in the U.S. is much the same.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: