Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 29, 2024, 03:51:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Surah An-Nur Flash - Must Watch!

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Surah An-Nur Flash - Must Watch!  (Read 1883 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 19, 2007, 05:56:49 am »

Walaikum Salaam dear brother AOH  Smiley  I thoroughly enjoyed reading your fine analysis.  Alhamdulilah.

To understand the Qur'an correctly requires having firm faith in Allah and the Hereafter, no matter how good your arabic is. This is stressed in a Verse where Allah says when the Prophet recites the Qur'an to the people (who knew the language of the Qur'an), that He places a veil betweeen the Prophet and those who do not believe in the Hereafter.  Using reason and logic is also critical in its understanding ..

You are so, so correct brother ..

I intepret it to mean four witnesses who visually witness the scene. Otherwise, what is the evidence those witnesses base their testimony on? Hearsay or rumour? What good is this testimony?

Let us look into the scenario described in the Qur'an where a beleving women was accused of illicit sex. There were many people who were spreading the rumour that she did engage in it. So if there were four people who were willing to "witness" (ie. by your current interpretation), does that make her guilty?

The Qur'anic requirement is necessarily tough, but possible.

I get your point.  Here, I'd like to throw a little more light on what I meant.  On the issue of 4 witnesses I interpret that a minimal of 4 people who know something to provide some evidence of an illegal sexual relationship between the accused.  This is the least that's required in order to consider the case admittable in a legal court of law.  Without a minimal 4 people having enough evidence to testify concerning the sexual side of the relationship, the case will not even be eligible for admittance in court.  And again, admitting the case in court on the basis of the willingness of the 4 witnesses to testify will not necessarily give a guilty verdict to the accused.  The Quraan upholds justice to the fullest and gives no reason to presume this.  The purpose of the 4 witnesses is only a pre-requisite to recognize the case officially to start a legal proceeding without which it won't even qualify for a court trial.  Once the case is brought to court on the basis of a minimal of 4 witnesses, it's upto the jury to assess the logic and authenticity of the evidence provided by the witnesses and whether to accept or reject their testimonies.  It's possible that out of the 4 witnesses, 2 may testify with a flimsy or bias story.  It goes without saying that the jury must perceive such flaws and reject them.  If the other 2 witnesses provide a foolproof testimony or a testimony that sounds far more credible, the case can proceed accordingly and more witnesses can be summoned on the basis of this, if needed.  The Quraan has stated nothing to disallow a detailed proceeding.  On the contrary, justice is the most important aspect in the Quraan for every legal matter.  The more carefully a case is analysed, better the chances for dispensing proper justice. 

If as commonly presumed, 4 witnesses are required to be eye-witnesses of the actual act of illegal sexual intercourse between the 2 accused, it's usually very very difficult to find even one such witness, let alone 4.  This law would then be quite inapplicable.  While I realize many Muslims prefer this interpretation mainly because of its inapplicability, the fact is that all Quraanic laws are very applicable and practical.  Every law that Allah has stated in the Quraan serves a purpose and thus needs to be implemented in our lives.  I cannot find any Quraanic law that simply serves a symbolic purpose.  That's one of the major beauties of the Quraan which makes it so forthright and rational. 

And Allah knows best.

It seems that it does not matter what the Qur'an says. As long as a scholar said it using his understanding of the Qur'an and Hadith, this would be accepted. They do not want to accept something from a "layman" no matter how logical, rational and reasonable the argument is. It just has to be from a scholar, no matter how irrational, illogical and unreasonable the argument is, it would be accepted. Recently, I also discovered that even the Sunnah does not matter, it has to be from an ulama. I was discussing mosques and segregation with a people who will not take the Qur'an as the only guide, so I told them that the Prophet never implemented segregation in his mosque without even discussing problem with Hadiths with them, but they would not acknowledge it but would only say they shall refer to their scholars and their opinions, they have no ability to interpret these 'advanced' issues.

I cannot say how much I agree with you.  The time is fast approaching when even the Hadith is taking the back seat compared to the words of the "scholars."  Actually, I've often found great resemblance between the style of fatwas and Hadiths.  These "scholars" are onlyfollowing their mentors of 10th century onwards.  When I read many of the Hadiths with the depth of its contradictions with the Quraan and the insults hurled at the Prophet (pbuh), it makes me ponder that if a non-Muslim had written such things on Islam, there would be rioting in the Muslim world.  But when an "imam" says it, all mouths are shut.  The trend of this dreadful blind faith in "scholars" today and the stubbornness of their followers to analyse their faulty words are very consistent with the rigidity of the disbelievers at the time of the Prophet.  Our community has presently reached the peaks of irrationality and injustice.  It also displays a pathetic tendency of the human mind which always derives far greater pleasure following their contemporaries who are still in their midst, regardless of the absurdity of their words, rather than the wisdom of the Unseen, the Almighty Allah.  Apparently this is the most important reason why most of 'Muslims' are no longer interested in the Quraan.  The Quraan is not meant for such misguided minds anyway.

I post in www.islamicaweb.com/forums, a predominantly Sunni board with some Shia Muslims there. The mods are very open minded and never have I had a post deleted from there.

This seems like an unusual place.  I'm a little busy now as I'll be travelling shortly in a few days.  InshAllah, when I return a couple of weeks later, I'll try posting some of my stuff there.

Once again, applogies for the late response. Have a good remainder of the week and a good weekend, inshallah. Smiley
peace. 

No problem at all brother Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: