Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 18, 2024, 07:17:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

London Heathrow's Single Prayer Room

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: London Heathrow's Single Prayer Room  (Read 753 times)
AceOfHearts

Badges: (View All)
« on: December 09, 2007, 04:26:57 pm »

Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 has one prayer room where men and women have to share.  This is from my last visit to the airport in August of this year. I have no problem with this and nor should any sane and rational individual.

Prostrating before our Creator is a fundamental part of being a true believer. There were Muslim men and women there who prayed on either side of the room. It was good to know that most were able to put aside silly 'build brick walls between men and women' notion behind and give due weight to worshipping our Sustainer.

There was a couple (I assume so) who approached the prayer room. The man was dressed western way and the woman completely covered in black. They both looked inside, and the woman wanted to go in for Salah but then decided to not do it. The man went in. I assume she never did perform her Salah afterwards. I would say there are a lot more people like her, men included who would not pray because there is the opposite gender present under the same roof.

What is the purpose of me writing this? Well, to highlight how traditional teachings which make up the theme of many so-called Islamic books and speaches of so-called Islamic speakers, can have so much negative influences on the minds of Muslims. It shows that these Muslims after taking so much of this traditional stuff, end up getting their priorities completely wrong - prostrating before Allah is a fundamental part of being a real believer. But devotion to baseless ideas leaves them to easily forgo this important act of worship. It begs the question, do they really devote themselves to Allah as the Qur'an commands them to?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 06:01:52 pm »

I think (as anyone's would think) this is a fine idea.  The issue of men and women mingling shouldn't arise.  After all, there are several masjids where both genders pray in a single room or hall and under a single roof in to separate groups.  Not just in the west, but there are many such masjids in places like Iran, Turkey and Morroco.  i know that not everyone likes it.  As for such people, of course I don't believe in forcing them into something that doesn't make them comfortable, but they should realise that all goodness evolves from intentions and motives. 

I also think it's a considerate move on the part of the Brits to approve of this.  If it's a new introduction, probably it's a friendly gesture from Mr. Gordon Brown who seems a much more understanding man than his predecessor.  Compared to this, some months ago they made a foot washing sink for Muslims to make it easier for them to perform 'wadu' in an American university.  It had to be shut down after a few weeks.  All other commuities began screaming 'discrimination.'  They said that if such steps are taken for Muslims, arrangements should also be made for the convenience of people of other religions.  And as u might know, in America the spirit of the law is so lukewarm toward Muslims, that they agreed with the opposition. 

Walaikum as-salaam and peace
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 07:59:44 pm »

Nice to know that Brits can after all be a little considerate toward Muslims sometimes.

Agree with you br.PT.  I too wouldn't coerce anyone into a situation they're not comfortable with .. neither would I want them to do that to me.  And yeah, read about the foot-washing sink for wadu removed from the washroom of an American university campus in CAIR newsletter.  I thought American lawmakers never caved-in to pressure.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was a set-up to show that they went so far but had to retract their decision as a gesture of complying with the wishes of the majority.  Very very sad situation!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: