Guestbook opened for now. We aren't registering members at the moment. Guests wanting to post brief queries may post in our guestbook. No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
July 26, 2021, 08:02:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

I was just thinking about the pen that we use to write today...

+-
Shoutbox
July 20, 2021, 11:41:46 am Ruhi_Rose: Wa'Salam and Eid al Adha mubarak dear Sis 🙂
July 20, 2021, 10:50:47 am Zeynab: As-Salaam Alaikum dear brothers and sisters.  Hajj mubarak and Eid-al-Adha mubarak.
July 15, 2021, 09:46:44 am N. Truth Seeker: What are the months for Hajj, and what does "Ten Nights" in Surah Al-Fajr refer to?  Visit the following link to study this very significant information.
4 months of Hajj, and Surah Al-Fajr.
July 12, 2021, 05:44:36 am Heba E. Husseyn: As we enter the month of Dhul Hijjah 1442, please read what the Great Quran says about Hajj.  Also visit the related links at the end of the same post to learn more.
July 10, 2021, 11:40:41 am Zeynab: They're folks with zero conscience.
July 10, 2021, 11:39:02 am N. Truth Seeker: I see ....  if they had only given a fraction of the money for rebuilding Gaza ..
July 10, 2021, 11:37:24 am Heba E. Husseyn: I think another slimeball is elon musk ..
July 10, 2021, 11:34:58 am N. Truth Seeker: so true sister.  Btw, are bezos and branson the only ones, anyone else as well trying to please their lowly ego?
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: I was just thinking about the pen that we use to write today...  (Read 233 times)
AceOfHearts

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 06, 2008, 07:57:02 pm »

Assalamu alaikum everyone at the Coffee Table.

Well, I just have little time to spare so I thought I would share some thoughts I had yesterday when studying for my exams.

I was writing and writing and a thought passed that I have been writing so much (looking at all the pages ive written) but my pen gave ink continuously without running out and glided on the paper so smoothly. I did not have to refil the ink as in how people had to in the old days. In the olden days, every one or two sentences, you would have to dab your pen in the ink pot to get some ink on your pen. Heres a pic of such a pen:

I thought If I was at that time and used those old pens, if someone said I could have a pen that gave ink continuously, I would surely realise what a great blessing such a pen would be.

Also, the pens we have today with their roller-b@lls provide smooth glide over the page whereas the old ones have friction.

Indeed we have so much to thank our Lord. A simple cheap pen today is such a gift from our Lord. Only those who believe and submit stand in awe of Allah. May Allah guide us all and give strength to those who believe and keep us together.

peace be to all.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 08:18:11 pm »

wow! Smiley  what a cute little article you've written brother.  I very much understand your point.  You've have given a single example which by itself is such a great blessing from Allah.  I think if even for a week or a day our modern pens weren't available and we had to write with pieces of pointed wood dabbed in ink, or perhaps the wrong side of a bird's feather dipped in ink Smiley , all exams would be postponed and students everywhere would find an excellent excuse to say they cannot write their tests.  It reminds me of the brown-out/black-out that took place in N. America in August 2003 - a power outage that affected millions in Eastern US and Central Canada.  It lasted for barely two days, but since there was no electricity anywhere, all gorcery stores, malls, schools, universities, offices were closed.  It's hard to imagine that uptil the 1930s or probably 40s there was no electricity at all anywhere in the world.  Yet people somehow survived.  It's so nice to know that you have this deep sense of gratitude to Allah.  Yes, His mercy and generosity upon us has been ever so great.  Then again, in the field of medicine, Allah has allowed people to succeed with so many research that have led to the discovery of new treatments and medicines and subsequently increased the human life span by 15 to 20 years since the last 50 years.  But there's hardly anyone who thinks back, compares the yester years with the present and offers thanks.  You are one of the very few who thought of it.  May Allah always bless you and grant you plenty through His Bounty - ameen.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:57:01 pm »

Aw!  br. ace  Smiley  may God bless your grateful heart.  How nice of u to think of this.  Allah says in the Quran that if we try to count His bounties, we won't be able to.  there r so many.  Allah also says that if all the trees in the earth were pens and the seas with many more seas to help it were ink, the words of praises for Allah could not be exhausted.  Right at this very moment while all of us communicate with each other and learn so much from one anothers' thoughts while living in various corners of this huge world (not a 'small world' really  Smiley) through the internet technology is such a tremendous gift of Allah.   

Walaikum Assalam and peace be with u brother
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »

Thank you very much sister Zeynab and Cat,

Indeed, our job is be grateful to Allah...He states in Surah An-Nahl: "And if you counted all of Allah's blessings, you would never be able to count them...Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful"

Just on that Verse, an interesting point. Allah always mentions two of His attributes now and then no matter what is being said. It is beneficial to think of links with these attributes and the theme of what is being discussed. For example, in the above Verse, we would never be able to number Allah's blessings....but Allah is Forgiving of that and is Merciful in overlooking all the things we are unable to perceive and be grateful of...so Allah is "All-Forgiving", "Most-Merciful" which goes what is being said.

Anyway, these are fundamental concepts within the Believers - being truly grateful to Allah for all that is given to him/her. Too many people do not realise even the most obvious of blessings because they do not see the existence of Allah as absolute reality, unfortunately.

peace.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: