Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
October 05, 2022, 11:15:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Wazifa: Quran verse for eye health

+-
Shoutbox
August 01, 2022, 08:48:12 pm Ruhi_Rose: As-Salam Alaykum MV guests. Just a reminder how time flies. We're already in the Islamic new year of 1444 month of Muharram, a very tragic time of our history. May The Almighty grant Hussein bin Ali and his comrades the best spot in Paradise for their unflinching courage to uphold the values of the Final Message, The Noble Quran.  Please read our post Ashura - who was Hussein? Also explore its related links.
August 01, 2022, 08:43:33 pm N. Truth Seeker: Walaykom Salam.  Ameen.
July 07, 2022, 04:02:47 pm Zainab_M: Eid-al-Adha expected on 10th Dhul Hijja 1443 (July 9th 2022, Saturday) Insh'Allah,.
June 30, 2022, 05:37:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Salaam all.  Today is 1st Dhul Hijja 1443 (corresponding to June 30, 2022).  Day of Arafah will be on 9th Dhul Hijja (July 8th) and Eid-al-Adha on 10th Dhul Hijja (July 9th). Fasting on the Day of Arafah is not obligatory, however it's a good day to observe a nafl fast for those healthy enough to do so.  Insh'Allah.
June 15, 2022, 12:51:58 pm Ruhi_Rose: View Muslim Villa Gallery
April 28, 2022, 07:37:04 am Heba E. Husseyn: Salam dear all. Insh'Allah, I hope The Almighty accepts our prayers and supplications for Leilatul Qadr.  Ameen ya Allah.
February 12, 2022, 06:10:26 am Ruhi_Rose: Walaykum As-Salam brother MM  Cheesy   where have you been?  Insh'Allah, we hope you are safe and well.
February 11, 2022, 10:03:07 pm MuslimanMahlon: salaam alaykum Cheesy
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wazifa: Quran verse for eye health  (Read 34 times)
Cherry Khanoom

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 30, 2022, 11:13:49 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify

Salam Mv.    I am trying to find the Quran verse on keeping eyes healthy or curing them from diseases.  I have searched Islamic sites in discussion boards and youtube where they mention "Quran cure for eyes" but there is nothing of the Quran in what they show.  They only say steps such as first wash your hands, then say BismAllah several times, then put saliva on your fingertip and touch it to your eyes.  Of course BismAllah is a must to recite, but where is the Quran ayat?  i have not been able to find that.  These practices like saliva on fingertips and then fingertips on eyes I don't trust.   Other places talk of other actions like putting surma on eyes etc.,, again I am not interested in such practices.  I just want some suitable Quran verses.  Please provide Quran verses for this purpose.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 11:38:57 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Walaykum Salam.   You can recite any Quranic Verse you want or whichever you know to recite correctly.  All of them are effective and beautiful.  All are original Divine utterances.  The entire Quranic vocabulary is the selection of Allah Almighty alone.  Therefore you can pick any Verse you like.  Just remember to be sincere and humble in your du'a. 

As a suggestion, you can recite Surah Tawheed (also called Surah Ikhlas), Surah Al-Falaq and Surah An-Nas.  Then briefly and quickly blow on the clean palms of your hands and run them over your eyes and face.  If you suffer from any other health issues like heart, kidney, liver, lung etc. ailments, then similarly run your hands gently over your body after the recitation.

Also, the marvelous Ayat-al-Kursi (V.2:255) is a marvelous recitation which people love for all times seeking the mercy and help of Allah.

Another suggestion, you can recite the first line of V.24:35 Surah An-Nur: اَللّٰهُ نُورُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ
"Allahu Noor-ul Samaa-waati wal ard" ("Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth.").  This is another excellent Quranic Verse that can be recited while making a wazifa and requesting Allah Almighty for help.  This Verse is very brief and very useful.

But like I said, you can recite any Quranic Verse you wish.  They are all very beautiful and most powerful.  Also know, Allah helps those who help themselves and take care of themselves.  Therefore, regularly visit your doctor and follow their advise.  Finally and most importantly, strengthen your earthly efforts with Quranic recitations and supplications compatible with Quranic values.

Insh'Allah, if Allah wills, He will accept the believer's request, heal the ailment and grant good health.
Report Spam   Logged

Cherry Khanoom

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 11:41:02 pm »

Lots of thanks,, this is what I was looking for.
Report Spam   Logged
Sadeek

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 11:56:27 pm »

Any suggestions on how many times to recite the Quranic verse we choose?   Should the recitation be after offering salat or any time?
Report Spam   Logged
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 12:05:23 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

It's up to you, however many times you wish.  Like I mentioned, the most important thing is sincerity of the heart, and you must understand what you are reciting.  Even if you recite a Verse from the Quran a thousand times but with a wandering mind hardly aware of what you are uttering, then it might not be useful.   Usually, the three Surahs (Tawheed, Al-Falaq and An-Nas) are recited once.  Verse 24:35 being very short, you may wish to recite it a more than once.  May be four, five or six times.  It's up to you. 

The recitation can be any time of the day or night, either before the daily salat or after.  Usually people make supplications after salat.  But make sure you offer all your 5 daily salats, unless your illness is so severe that you are unable to go through all your 5 salats of the day.  That's a different matter.  In normal situations, please do not miss or skip any of your fard salats and then make a wazifa supplication.  That concept would be incomplete.
Report Spam   Logged

Sadeek

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 12:06:47 am »

Thankx
Report Spam   Logged
Amna

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 03:38:44 am »

Appreciate if someone can kindly explain the meaning of Wuzifa in some detail.  Is it from the Quran?
Report Spam   Logged
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2022, 08:24:40 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Salam and peace.  Generally, wazifa can be defined as a prayer or supplication or litany.  I would assume it is derived from the term “wasilat.”  The word al-wasilata has been stated in the Quran twice in Verses 5:35  and 17:57 referring to efforts or means of gaining nearness to Allah Almighty.  A believer tries to gain nearness to Allah for the purpose of acquiring a strong Faith, peace, success, good health and happiness. 

Wazifa can be in the form of salat and supplication.  If a person is supplicating as Wazifa, they must be sure that supplication is totally compatible with Quranic values.  For example, if you are making a wazifa for eye health, you must seek nearness ONLY to Allah and none else and invoke ONLY His Name and none else.  This aspect has been explicitly confirmed in the Noble Quran in V.17:57 quote: “Those unto whom they cry seek the way of approach (l-wasīlata) to their Rab, which of them shall be the nearest; they hope for His mercy and they fear His doom. Indeed! the doom of your Rab is to be shunned.”  17:57 Al-Isra.   In the preceding V.17:56 Allah Almighty condemns the practice of people who seek nearness to Allah through other sources like “saints” or angels, invoking their names to get close to Allah through them.  This is a thoroughly wrong practice. 

Those other sources, whether humans or angels or whoever, have absolutely NO power to help us nor do we need their intercession to gain nearness to Allah.  If we want to get close to Allah, we appeal to Him directly through sincerity in our salat or through directly making du’a (supplicating) to Him alone.  Our situation and the help we require either to rid us of our problems or to strengthen our Faith is between Allah Almighty and ourselves.  None else is required to come in between; this excludes also the Final Messenger and all preceding messengers as well.  After all they were human beings and had/have NO power to rid us of our misfortunes.  Power belongs only and entirely to Allah alone.

"And when My servants ask you (Muhammad) concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he cries unto Me.  So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright."  2:186 Al-Baqrah.

In the same context, in V.5:35 Allah Almighty plainly states to believers to approach Him. 

“O you who believe! Be mindful of your duty to Allah, and seek the way of approach (l-wasīlata) unto Him, and strive in His way in order that you may succeed.” 5:35 Al Maidah.

Please also note, Wazifa in Islam also carries a second definition with connotation to money which means a government allowance or pension.  This is of course perfectly Halal.
Report Spam   Logged

Amna

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 08:47:53 pm »

Thank u lots and lots for this clear explanation.  Waleykum Salam peace.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

+ Quick Reply
With a Quick-Reply you can use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post, but much more conveniently.
BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough|GlowShadowMarquee|Preformatted TextLeft AlignCenteredRight Align|Horizontal Rule|Font SizeFont Face
Insert FlashInsert ImageInsert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert FTP Link|Insert TableInsert Table RowInsert Table Column|SuperscriptSubscriptTeletype|Insert CodeInsert Quote|Insert List
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry angel Jumping laugh police CatSmiley Sleep smkng sport gdbi cryin dancin simpsons RollLaugh HysLaugh HappyBirthday doggy monkey teddybear sittingbunny BismEm salamem offtem proem oopsem bedtem crybem seeyem thebesem backem soryemt weldem Thumbsup Thumbsdwn rdht teethsmile tonguesmile wsalam tesetong Beatin crazyones LaaughingAway shiiit claaap viictery hiyaaa